2015-2016 Expectations for Peter Holland

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Assuming Bozak gets moved and Holland is on the 2nd line getting some PP and maybe a little PK here and there, I'd say he could be in line for around a 15-20 goal season and 20-25 assists at the very least.

I feel like he's a player that could really use a bump in minutes and PP time. Hopefully he can find his consistency game to game though.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
With better linemates and time on the PP (and PK) I could see him getting around 40 points.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Barring injury - he's gonna be a solid part of the Babcock system here. I don't care about points.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
This is a huge year for him if Bozak moves.

As a Storm fan watching him a ton in junior, I am a little biased so its hard to talk about Holland. He always had some work ethic or "try level" issues in junior which he has seemed to worked out at the NHL level.

He was never a flashy high skill guy though but he has still IMO some offensive upside that hasnt come out at the NHL level

One has to wonder what a permanent top 6 role would do for him

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This depends if he ends up on the 3rd or 4th line.

He will be battling Nick Spaling and Shawn Matthias for the 3rd line center spot and might even end up on the 4th line.

Komorov -- Spaling -- Matthias could be the 3rd line.

Now will Holland battle Panik for the 2nd line role beside Lupul and Kadri or play the 4th line with Winnik will effect his points next year.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Points won't matter for this team, so I'll say that he should look very strong in Babcock's possession game. Him and Winnik will most likely end up as our shut down PK pair with Leo doing whatever.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
He always had some work ethic or "try level" issues in junior which he has seemed to worked out at the NHL level.

I disagree. He has been wildly inconsistent at the NHL level. He disappears for lengthy stretches, then comes back to show flashes for a few games.

He has a decent shot and also seems to have received some great puck luck for a few games alongside Lupul, in contrast to his terrible possession stats. On the other hand, playing inconsistent minutes with Clarkson last season didn't help, so we'll see if he can do better in a different role. I wouldn't bet big money on a breakout season, though.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
JVR --------- Bozak ---- Parenteau
Lupul ------- Kadri ----- Panik
Komarov -- Spaling --- Matthias
Winnik ---- Holland --- Arcobello

Playing 4th line minutes and mainly PK then he will have less than 20 points this year.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
expecting a 15 minute third line centre producing 30-40 points. Hoping he explodes and becomes a 18 minute second line centre producing 50+ points.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary

Playing 4th line minutes and mainly PK then he will have less than 20 points this year.

Bozak is probably gone.

Kadri
Holland
Matthias
Spaling

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
If Bozak is traded as some believe he will be, I think Holland likely slots into 2nd line centre. He could rack up some points there.

If not, he may end up on the wing. Something like:

JVR-Kadri-Matthias
Lupul-Bozak-Holland
Winnik-Spaling-Parenteau
Komarov-Arcobello-Panik
?

Either way, his opportunity should increase. I'm hoping he breaks out a bit this year.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
one can hope that Bozak is gone and Holland is the 2nd line C. I can see him being very good in the Babcock system, I see 40+ points, this assumes he is the 2nd line C.

The Big Chief

Dec 2, 2013
Markham/London
I'm going to say 45 points. Something like 15-20 goals and 20-25 assists would be successful in my eyes.

I've always been real high on this guy, especially because he has good skating ability for his size - Hopefully he can turn some heads this year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Bozak is probably gone.

Kadri
Holland
Matthias
Spaling

Until Bozak is gone Holland is buried down the depth chart and more likely to be a winger as his FO% is among the lowest of all Leafs centres.

Bozak is also Leafs best FO man by a fair margin and Babcock will use him to gain possession in all zones.

Face-off % 2014-15

Bozak = 53%
Kadri = 46%
Spaling = 46%
Matthias = 45%
Holland = 45%

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
babcock is really picky
Who knows who's gonna play with who
If he plays top 6 I could see him top 40 points
Even top 9 he should be close to 40 points

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

That's the line-up I think we will be icing this coming season.

Holland is a hard working player and Babcock has said a number of times he wants players to work hard and evidently Holland is training at the BioSteel camp, this can help him bulk up and be a better player,

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Holland should be above Spaling on the depth chart imo. He's 2 years younger and had comparable points last year. 2C if Bozak is gone, 3C if he's still here. 20/20 with some powerplay time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad