2015-2016 Blues Prospects Part III

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's hard to form an opinion if we can't watch the game. I've heard nothing about it outside of looking at the boxscore

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think I read a first-hand report from someone who was in Traverse City who watched the game. But, I can't remember where I read it. He stated that Parayko. Fabbri, and Sergeev looked good.

One of the goals was an empty-netter. The Blues held a 2-1 lead at one time. I wouldn't read too much into the "3-goal loss". I'm guessing that the difference in the game may have been due to The Jackets having better goaltending. Lundström is terribly inconsistent, and is known to have bad patches. He has also looked pretty weak in all 3 games in which I saw him play. In addition, there is rarely much in the way of defence played in this tournament. Little defensive support and a goalie who is having an off night is a bad combination.

You really have to watch a game like this in person to take anything away from it. That's why it is so frustrating that NHL Network doesn't show at least the Red Wings' and Rangers' games anymore. They are fun to watch, even though there is little defence played, and not much serious hitting. I can't believe that they can get better ratings showing 10-15 year old NHL playoff games than they can with live games of NHL prospects. But, I guess that, unfortunately, the additional ratings increases aren't worth the amount of expenditures needed to telecast the games.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think I read a first-hand report from someone who was in Traverse City who watched the game. But, I can't remember where I read it. He stated that Parayko. Fabbri, and Sergeev looked good.

One of the goals was an empty-netter. The Blues held a 2-1 lead at one time. I wouldn't read too much into the "3-goal loss". I'm guessing that the difference in the game may have been due to The Jackets having better goaltending. Lundström is terribly inconsistent, and is known to have bad patches. He has also looked pretty weak in all 3 games in which I saw him play. In addition, there is rarely much in the way of defence played in this tournament. Little defensive support and a goalie who is having an off night is a bad combination.

You really have to watch a game like this in person to take anything away from it. That's why it is so frustrating that NHL Network doesn't show at least the Red Wings' and Rangers' games anymore. They are fun to watch, even though there is little defence played, and not much serious hitting. I can't believe that they can get better ratings showing 10-15 year old NHL playoff games than they can with live games of NHL prospects. But, I guess that, unfortunately, the additional ratings increases aren't worth the amount of expenditures needed to telecast the games.

Vancouver and Edmonton beg to differ lol

As for the game, I blame lundstrom too.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yea I watched it on HS. But it was also on sportsnet. Also I watched the end of Toronto and Ottawa, it looked like a Rogers feed. Canada>United States

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Blues lead 1-0 after 2 periods. Yakimowicz scored the goal. Opilka has stopped all 15 shots. That may be one of the big differences between yesterday's and today's games.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Well that's a wrap. Blues 2, Rangers 0 with goals by Parayko and Yakimowicz.

The offensive dynamos of Yakimowicz and Dunda both registered 2 points each.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Blues win 2-0 Yak and Parayko with the goals. Props to Opilka with the SO. Oh and Barbashev finally put a shot on goal...

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He had decent upside a few years ago, didn't he? I don't see it as a worry with the goaltending depth we have. We may not have that uber elite franchise goalie in the system, but it looks like we have at least NHL quality depth.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Lundstrom seems to be a decent ECHL caliber goalie and nothing more. Oh well.

That said, I don't think the difference between the 5-2 loss against the Jackets and the 2-0 win against the Rangers was simply the difference of Lundstrom vs Opilka. The Jackets have torched both the Blues and Wild so far and have many top offensive weapons in Bjorkstrand, Milano, Rychel, Tynan and Bittner. No other team in this tourny comes close to matching that. By comparison, the Rangers lineup isn't exactly stellar, which explains their 0-2 record in the tourney so far...and they haven't even played Columbus yet so I would expect Columbus to torch the Rags later today.

I'm only going by the box scores as well but so far it looks like the Blues are doing "ok". It would be nice to see more points from Fabbri & Barbs but it's a super small sample size so I'm not going to read too much into it...especially since we can't even see the games.

Lundstrom doesn't have NHL potebtial IMO but I'm not going to get too excited about Opilka just because he shut out a very weak Rangers prospect team. I'll be very interested to see how Opilka performs for OHL Kitchener this season though. I expect he'll have quite good stats as that team should be pretty good.

The Blues play the Wild later today. It should be a good matchup. Both teams are 1-1 (both beat Rags and lost to Jackets). The Wild have scored 10 goals in their 2 games so far but have also given up 10. The Blues have only scored 4 goals but have only given up 5. Hopefully the Blues better defense can win out today against the Wild. That would put them in the 3rd/4th place game tomorrow. Columbus has pretty much already locked up playing in the championship game (likely against DET, who is currently 2-0 in the other bracket).

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Lets ask again. Anyone knows what have been prospect lineups, both games? :help:

Nope....we have a box score...that's about it.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Blues on Traverse coverage...seriously, take a ****ing camcorder, record the game and upload it to YouTube. Iiterally costs nothing... (I say that assuming the Blues organization owns a camcorder and the ability to upload it to the Internet)

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nope....we have a box score...that's about it.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Blues on Traverse coverage...seriously, take a ****ing camcorder, record the game and upload it to YouTube. Iiterally costs nothing... (I say that assuming the Blues organization owns a camcorder and the ability to upload it to the Internet)

Yeah, Blues need a more active social media setup for the fans. Get to know players, watch camps, and so on. No reason for this stuff not to be available in 2015.

Someone has to realize it helps casual fans get into the team a lot easier as well.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yeah, Blues need a more active social media setup for the fans. Get to know players, watch camps, and so on. No reason for this stuff not to be available in 2015.

Someone has to realize it helps casual fans get into the team a lot easier as well.
I said something to JR a couple weeks ago, he seemed to think I was asking about television even though I thought I made it clear that pretty much anything is better then nothing......surely there's someone there who can pan a camera on a tripod back and forth for us.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I said something to JR a couple weeks ago, he seemed to think I was asking about television even though I thought I made it clear that pretty much anything is better then nothing......surely there's someone there who can pan a camera on a tripod back and forth for us.

Absolutely! The Blues could be more "fan friendly" with not much extra cost. Speaking of that, I still can't find a stream of today's game. The Blues lead 1-0 in The First, on a goal by Blais, on a feed from Fabbri. Lundström is in goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad