2015-16 World Junior Championships Draft

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I was going to take him (again) with my last pick and ride it out till Boxing Day. :laugh:
Haha that would have been ethically questionable but still next level. :D

My team is really boom and bust. If the Americans do well (or SO bad that they fall into the relegation side some how), I could absolutely crush it. If the Americans just fizzle along, I'm doomed.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

My team is really boom and bust. If the Americans do well (or SO bad that they fall into the relegation side some how), I could absolutely crush it. If the Americans just fizzle along, I'm doomed.

the fact all my guys are mostly in the same division--I am hoping for 20 to 19 type of games as I lose 1/2 my guys once the second round starts

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Well the Pastrnak thing was a screw up. I don't know why I let that itch get the better of me. I would have taken Laine had I had a moment of clarity. But I think I salvaged my forwards pretty well and my defense will just have to make the best of their opportunities.

Taking a quick glance at the teams, I like Paralyzer's. I think he looks strong in all facets.

That's funny, I'm not even a big fan of my team, but thanks!

I like your team because you have stable goaltending and having Nylander and his linemate is going to come in handy I think. Perlini was a solid darkhorse, and I like Tkachuk a lot.

I like 400z and Team Hemsky, the one who wins the pool may be the one with the goalie that Canada rides at the end.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I had the option of Debrincat, Tkachuk and Kapanen in round 4 but went for Vanecek hoping he pans out. I was going to go Debrincat otherwise but I had Milano from the States so that stopped me from picking another forward from the States which is poor reasoning. I can't believe Debrincat fell that low though. Crazy to me.

I like the Tkachuk pick a lot, a real darkhorse that will load up points in my opinion, thinking top 3 for the States scoring for sure.

I pick Debrincat, Tkachuk gets more points. I pick Tkachuk, Debrincat gets more points. So I went for a goalie. One of those scenarios ultimately for me. :laugh:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
5th and 7th round have absolute steals in them. They will expose some of the teams for sure.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

or we could just grab him, drag him into a dark alley and beat the crap out of him? Just an option for the silliness

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I was going to take him (again) with my last pick and ride it out till Boxing Day. :laugh:

Haha, I thought long and hard about it. It's one of the reasons I left a F for my last pick.

That's funny, I'm not even a big fan of my team, but thanks!

I like your team because you have stable goaltending and having Nylander and his linemate is going to come in handy I think. Perlini was a solid darkhorse, and I like Tkachuk a lot.

I like 400z and Team Hemsky, the one who wins the pool may be the one with the goalie that Canada rides at the end.

I went into the draft hoping to load up on Finns and Americans, ended up with none of either. I just hope Point stays healthy, Blackwood gets a fair shot when he's back, and the Czechs aren't terrible. I love this pool, such a crap shoot and it makes the tourney even better (even when we're lacking on Oilers prospects there).

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I think all we are missing is Ales83fan in the scoring thread

He doesn't have a recent post that I can copy/move/edit for him. Not sure theres anything else I'm capable of doing. I'll PM him directly.

40oz, I hear you, I haven't come up with a good way of modifying the template. I like your set up, but not the # column, will have to brainstorm something! ;)

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
This is just not the year of JTS.

Possible they could still register Forsling.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Ouch. Swedish fans were already complaining their players always get hurt in the pretournament game with Canada.

He doesn't have a recent post that I can copy/move/edit for him. Not sure theres anything else I'm capable of doing. I'll PM him directly.

40oz, I hear you, I haven't come up with a good way of modifying the template. I like your set up, but not the # column, will have to brainstorm something! ;)

Yeah I dont like what I did at all haha. It makes it look like the jersey number is a stat,

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
This is just not the year of JTS.

Possible they could still register Forsling.

Ouch, that hurts. It also could really booster up some of the secondary Swedish defencemen like Larsson.

Are we able to start posting in the scoring thread and we can just add/move the 8th scoring post in later?

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Ouch, that hurts. It also could really booster up some of the secondary Swedish defencemen like Larsson.

Are we able to start posting in the scoring thread and we can just add/move the 8th scoring post in later?

Hmm. I'll check with a global (ohhhh Nuny!) and see if we can do so. Can't perform that action as a local.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad