4 - Shayne Gostisbehere (47%)
5 - Travis Konecny (83%)
6 - Scott Laughton (83%)
7 -

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Hagg. Really started to turn his game around by the end of the season. Started to play like a vet at just 20 yrs old.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Hagg for me. It's a huge aspect of the game but he is one thing away from become a 2nd pair stud IMO. And that's consistency/maturity. Call me crazy but I think that will only come with playing in the NHL game in and game out. It's to bad a guy like streit will prob be gone by then. He needs a role model

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Hagg... Last year, he shouldered a crazy workload for a 19 year old in the AHL. The Phantoms D-core was atrocious. I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves.

After a rough start at the WJC's, he really came on in that tournament also. Sweden had a crap D-core filled with guys who can't defend 5v5 or PK (Forsling and Aho). He played his role well imo.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Went with cuz. I think he's going to have a long NHL career as a 4th line pest type of player that can contribute here and there. May not be in Philly, but I think he's got a long NHL career ahead of him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hagg for me. Second pairing all-around defensemen potential, and we will have the luxury of likely having him on our bottom pair (or traded at some point to bolster another area).

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
AK, Lindblom, Hägg, Friedman and Cousins are pretty much in the same situation: they have holes in their game but could still have very long successful careers as role players in the NHL if they work hard and learn how to use their strengths.

Those guys are the mid tier of the Flyers prospect pool. Upcoming polls should be pretty close...

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I've got Cousins here. Always said he had the skill and IQ in the bank but wasn't going to get anywhere until he worked on his wheels. He's made some strides there but still has some serious work do do on his skating mechanics, he's got the determination to do it. I don't see what puts NAK above Cousins at this juncture. His junior numbers were close yet still better than NAKs with even less support. He's also shown that he can translate his offence to the pro game on a ****** team. Looked pretty decent in his call up but his feet have to catch up with his ability to think the game before he takes the next step.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Don't sleep on Bardreau, guys. For the few games he played with the Phantoms at the end of the year he looked almost as dangerous as Laughton. I think he's gonna be an NHLer. I personally liked what I saw from him more than anything I saw from Cousins all season

Last edited:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I've got Cousins here. Always said he had the skill and IQ in the bank but wasn't going to get anywhere until he worked on his wheels. He's made some strides there but still has some serious work do do on his skating mechanics, he's got the determination to do it. I don't see what puts NAK above Cousins at this juncture. His junior numbers were close yet still better than NAKs with even less support. He's also shown that he can translate his offence to the pro game on a ****** team. Looked pretty decent in his call up but his feet have to catch up with his ability to think the game before he takes the next step.

I dont think Cousins's skating is bad, I think his biggest issue is keeping his feet moving. From watching him live, he looks like he gets winded pretty quickly and then coasts until he really needs to kick on the burners. Hopefully endurance is something he's focusing on this summer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went Hagg. Gave a good accounting of himself in the AHL for his age. Above average size, smooth skating, tons of international experience. Probably a bit underappreciated.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Don't sleep on Bardreau, guys. For the few games he played with the Phantoms at the end of the year he looked almost as dangerous as Laughton. I think he's gonna be an NHLer. I personally liked what I saw from him more than anything I saw from Cousins all season

That's really high praise considering the massive gap in their production.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I dont think Cousins's skating is bad, I think his biggest issue is keeping his feet moving. From watching him live, he looks like he gets winded pretty quickly and then coasts until he really needs to kick on the burners. Hopefully endurance is something he's focusing on this summer.

He appears to be a choppy skater from everything I've seen of him and it was always my only knock on him. Endurance and fitness problems seem pretty rare in today's brand of hockey but in reply to your suggestion, I would suggest then that he seems to coast and be out of gas because of an inefficient stride to begin with.

About Bardeau, never seen him play to have an opinion. I would certainly love for that to be the case with him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad