Prospect Info: 2015-16 Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #6

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
2C max / 3C likely vs steady defenseman prospect is how this should play out.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
glad we finally have a GM who has the ability to trade-up in the 1st round to get a better player
2012 and 2013 were both unexpected picks

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Laughton for me. Hagg isn't that far off though. Both could eventually be important depth players on a winning team but neither are going to play prominent roles like our top 5 prospects are capable of.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
For god knows what reason I thought this was a new poll (which would've been #7) and immediately voted Hagg, thinking Laughton went last poll (#6 aka this poll). Regardless, Laughton is the answer here.

I think Hagg wins handily in the next poll though.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Laughton for sure here no questions. In two years he should be holding the 3rd C and should be producing at a rate similar to Couts last two years. I honestly think with the same two wingers he would score more points then Couts, as he seems to have a good noise for the puck around the net. Watched a lot of him when he played in Oshawa. He loves stuffing in pucks in tight, decent wrap arounds, and likes to drop on one knee on one timers. Last year I was disappointed in his play as he seemed to be trying to hard at times. I think going back to Oshawa the last year hurt his game a bit because he was able to beat d one on one with ease and that isn't his game. hope he gets off to a great start and establishes chemistry early

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Laughton for sure here no questions. In two years he should be holding the 3rd C and should be producing at a rate similar to Couts last two years. I honestly think with the same two wingers he would score more points then Couts, as he seems to have a good noise for the puck around the net. Watched a lot of him when he played in Oshawa. He loves stuffing in pucks in tight, decent wrap arounds, and likes to drop on one knee on one timers. Last year I was disappointed in his play as he seemed to be trying to hard at times. I think going back to Oshawa the last year hurt his game a bit because he was able to beat d one on one with ease and that isn't his game. hope he gets off to a great start and establishes chemistry early

That's an interesting point. I saw a lot of that from him in his stint for the Flyers and it surprised me because that's not supposed to be his game. Once he breaks that habit, we may see what type of player he really can be.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
NAK could

With Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, and Konecny around, I don't see NAK playing in the top 6.

I actually think he could end up on Laughtons RW on the 3rd line in a couple of years.

Of course, he could be thrust into a larger role due to trades though.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Laughton has always shown flashes, but wasn't able to finish, some of which was bad luck. Just needed 1 more move, puck to settle down, etc.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
king%20parks_zpsbtjuzoo5.png

Ye olde guvna Parks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad