Prospect Info: 2015-16 Top 20 Flyers Prospects, #2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, I'll put up #3 tomorrow morning. That one should be a lot closer.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
As I said in the #1 thread (where I voted Sanheim), I watched more videos of this kid just to make sure I wasn't mistaken -- he's unbelievable. An absolute star. I think with the Provorov pick people forget just how terrific Sanheim is. I see NO WAY he shouldn't play with the Flyers this season.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
As I said in the #1 thread (where I voted Sanheim), I watched more videos of this kid just to make sure I wasn't mistaken -- he's unbelievable. An absolute star. I think with the Provorov pick people forget just how terrific Sanheim is. I see NO WAY he shouldn't play with the Flyers this season.

I agree with all of this. The only reason I'd want him back at juniors is to let him play at worlds, which we could do while he's in the NHL anyway.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I agree with all of this. The only reason I'd want him back at juniors is to let him play at worlds, which we could do while he's in the NHL anyway.

Yeah, another year of juniors won't help him one bit. He already was far too good for that level this past season. And, as you said, if they really wanted him to play at the WJC, they can still let him do that from the NHL.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
voting sanheim but really don't think Morin is far behind and if he puts it all together, I think he has the highest ceiling of all 3. Amazing that the Flyers have 3 guys that have #1 potential with Ghost a darkhorse as well. Exciting times ahead:handclap:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Might as well just start the next one since I think this is done.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Well, I think it's Sanheim but I voted Morin cause I felt he deserved a couple votes, it was looking a little sad.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
The way we are debating who is better and who's ceiling is where...I hope Sanheim and Provorov see the same thing and push each other their whole careers, as friends and teammates, and bring the absolute best out of each other.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
But he just plays so soft for his size. At least that's what he did in the games I've seen of him.

Don't get me wrong I understand why you'd say that because at times you can see that.

I'm just hoping he is that way due to the league he is in. Hoping in the ahl and nhl he won't be penalized aw much and can play more aggressive

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Don't get me wrong I understand why you'd say that because at times you can see that.

I'm just hoping he is that way due to the league he is in. Hoping in the ahl and nhl he won't be penalized aw much and can play more aggressive
Well, hopefully he wants to play more aggressive. I'm not sure how legit the league excuse is. I mean, hey, there's never a bad time to criticize the QMJHL, but what suggests that it's the league holding him back and not just him not being aggressive and strong on the puck? I'd be great if he changed that, but I wouldn't bank on it. There's definitely a chance, don't get me wrong, but from what I've seen he plays softer than his other QMJHL peers, too. I want him to succeed, but when I saw Tkachev muscle him off the puck, my heart kind of sagged.
Chara started the same way but with less skill
You seriously remember how Chara looked like in his play almost 20 years back?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
It's fairly well documented that Chara was nothing special until 2002-03ish
OK, fine, but I'd say most established defenders have followed a different path, where they haven't just turned it around after several years. So I wouldn't use exceptions as an argument here. I mean, yeah, they show it's possible, but that doesn't mean the criticism in general is invalid. And I never said I don't think Morin can change his game, I just wouldn't bank on it being as easy as some might think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad