12 - Mark Friedman - D (51%)
13 - Felix Sandstrom - G (34%)
14 - Taylor Leier - F (31%)
15 - Radel Fazeleev - F (49%)
16 - Matej Tomek - G (33%)
17 -

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'm getting on the Vorobyov bandwagon. The Flyers mystery sleeper pick.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Went with Alt. He's at least proven to be a good AHL defenseman. He's got the size and athleticism to be more if there's any further room for growth.

While we've reached the point of "they MAY make the roster," I still believe that some of these guys can make an impact at the NHL level. I think Parks is an NHL 4th liner if he signs. It sounds like Marody could be a late-round steal, as could Kase after a few years. Willcox we all though pretty highly of until we drafted several more high end defensemen...I think he could be a good 6th-7th or good AHL guy...and then Marti as well, who knows!?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think if the organization thought Parks was an NHL 4th liner, he would have a contract right now, especially considering the hiring of Hakstol.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I think if the organization thought Parks was an NHL 4th liner, he would have a contract right now, especially considering the hiring of Hakstol.

That's why I should have a job within the organization :sarcasm:

But somewhat more seriously, the bit that I've seen from Parks makes me believe he can help this team down the line, and definitely help the Phantoms in the mean time. I'm genuinely curious about the contract situation.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Went alt again. Starting to wonder about the phantoms D now that MDZ signed. I don't see the need to keep two healthy scratch with the big club. However there is no room for Manning on the Phantoms (and really nothing for him to prove, he is a 7th NHL D/tweener) I know a lot of people think a trade will/could happen during game but I personally don't. Other then a long term injury to a contender team with lots of cap (which are hard to come by) I don't see any team ponying up for Schenn/Amac/Gudas. Most teams at this point have made their rosters. I feel like we went through this with Mez and Gus.

Anyways back to prospects. I honestly think 5 of the phantoms d can some day be useful dman for the flyers. Again, went with alt because of lack of knowledge of the rest, but I am really hoping him and Hagg make a dynamic duo. I can see them being leading pair at ES.

Hagg Alt
morin ghost
Marti pitbull/LA Vet guy

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
It's seems folks have very much undervalued how excellent Marti is. He's top-10 in my book.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
It's seems folks have very much undervalued how excellent Marti is. He's top-10 in my book.

Please elaborate...... I am wondering if you have real high hopes for him, or that your not a big fan of guys like NAK, Linbolm, Cousins etc. I personally don't think that Marti is top 7 in are d crop alone.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I watched Martel dominate a game against some 2015 1st round prospects last season. Martel all the way for me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
What am I missing with Martel? :dunno: What will he bring to the table? Strengths, weaknesses? Ceiling?

Martel and Konecny were heads and shoulders the best forwards at development camp (well, Laughton wasn't too far off).

Martel is fast, agile, skilled with the puck, and feisty. His size hurts, but he could be a Nathan Gerbe-type.

It's hard to know -- we'll see how he does in the AHL this season -- but he seems like he has the ability to be one of those rare surprising late-bloomers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad