2015-16 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779121
The Tampa Bay Lightning today announced their 63-man roster for their 2015 Training Camp which opens on Thursday at Amalie Arena with medical and physical testing. The roster features 36 forwards, 20 defensemen and seven goaltenders. Players are expected to begin the media day portion around 9:30 a.m. after testing is complete, although that time is subject to change.
The Bolts roster features five invitees, including forward Ryan Martindale, defensemen Charlie Dodero and Kevin Gibson, as well as goaltenders Ray Emery and Philippe Cadorette. The roster also includes the 23 prospects currently participating in the 2015 Lightning Prospect Tournament in Estero, FL.

Forwards:

10 ANGELIDIS, Mike
46 BLUNDEN, Mike
11 BOYLE, Brian
? BROLL, David
23 BROWN, J.T.
24 CALLAHAN, Ryan
71 CIRELLI, Anthony
22 CONDRA, Erik
37 DARCY, Cam
48 DiGIACINTO, Cristiano
27 DROUIN, Jonathan
73 ERNE, Adam
51 FILPPULA, Valtteri
65 GOURDE, Yanni
39 HART, Brian
57 IKONEN, Henri
58 IMAMA, Bokondji
9 JOHNSON, Tyler
52 JOSEPH, Mathieu
17 KILLORN, Alex
86 KUCHEROV, Nikita
42 MARCHESSAULT, Jonathan
? MARTINDALE, Ryan*
44 McGINN, Tye
90 NAMESTNIKOV, Vladislav
18 PALAT, Ondrej
13 PAQUETTE, Cedric
43 PARADIS, Philippe
63 PECA, Matthew
36 POINT, Brayden
38 RICHARD, Tanner
91 STAMKOS, Steven
67 STEPHENS, Mitchell
16 TAMBELLINI, Jeff
54 YAN, Dennis
47 VERMIN, Joel

Defensemen:

72 BLUJUS, Dylan
25 CARLE, Matt
55 COBURN, Braydon
7 DeANGELO, Anthony
? DODERO, Charlie*
59 DOTCHIN, Jake
5 GARRISON, Jason
? GIBSON, Kevin*
77 HEDMAN, Victor
29 KOEKKOEK, Slater
74 MASIN, Dominik
45 MORMINA, Joey
89 NESTEROV, Nikita
64 SPENCER, Matt
6 STRALMAN, Anton
62 SUSTR, Andrej
? TAORMINA, Matt
56 THOMAS, Ben
75 WALCOTT, Daniel
53 WITKOWSKI, Luke

Goaltenders:

30 BISHOP, Ben
? CADORETTE, Philippe*
? EMERY, Ray*
50 GUDLEVSKIS, Kristers
88 VASILEVSKIY, Andrei
32 WILCOX, Adam
40 YORK, Allen

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope Marchessault doesn't get Paniked.

I love this time of year though. Even when things seem to be chiseled in stone, TB always seems to hit us with a surprise.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I hope Marchessault doesn't get Paniked.

I love this time of year though. Even when things seem to be chiseled in stone, TB always seems to hit us with a surprise.

Same, I like his game, he has a lot more "jump" than Panik.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Time for a "bold prediction" JAM missed out on the big club and Peca cracks the 23 man squad.

Makes no sense. Who's Peca beating out for 4th line minutes? Condra, Paquette, Namestnikov or Brown, he has to beat out two of those to get into the lineup. Paquette is a Cooper favorite, I see Condra the same or they wouldn't have given him 3 years, if it's Namestnikov we might as well trade him, Brown I could see but would be dumb because Brown can sit in the pressbox and be fine while Peca needs pro minutes.

Peca can see the NHL this year but if we have injuries or trade Namestnikov, waive Brown or Marchessault. Marchessault I see making the roster ad the 14th forward. He doesn't have much more to prove down there and with the additions of Erne, Peca, Tambellini and McGinn, with a healthy Blunden they aren't in dire need of forwards.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Time for a "bold prediction" JAM missed out on the big club and Peca cracks the 23 man squad.

Peca needs time in the AHL to adjust his weight and game. I can see him tearing up preseason games but throwing him into a regular season game would be trouble unless his skating is far better than I've heard

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
A few tweets from what the guys said during media day:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Hedman would be an awesome captain.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan would be something to get excited about if TKO were intact (which would suggest these are lines on Coop's mind).

Everything's so positive this time of year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov
Callahan - Stamkos - Drouin

Those are two solid lines right there that could be amazing. (We already know TKO is good to go, and we've seen glimpses of C-S-D)

Really hoping Drouin gets put with Stammer this year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hedman would be an awesome captain.

I think he would too, I always enjoy listening to in his interviews, Stamkos does a good job with interviews as well.

Herman literally does everything on this team. He's our #1 D, he plays on the PP and PK, he plays tons of minutes, he can score goals, he's such a beast. Total steal at 4 mil right now.

I would be worried about giving him the C tho that it might put a lot of pressure on him and cause him to be over cautious or try too much. Much like what happened to Stamkos when he got the C. Tried to be more a play maker than scorer. Give Heddy the A full time tho.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
J.T Brown is doingwill be writting a journal every day of trainig camp (starting media day and ending Oct. 8) if anyone wants to read it it can be found here:

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779639

JT is a super awesome guy, and definitely improved his shooting on the off season. I just hope it's not too late. He looked great today, but he'll need to really impress to keep his spot going into the year.

Especially with guys like JAM and Erne coming up fast.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you guys want to see Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan potential re-watch the Devils and flyers games from December and the Florida game towards the end of the season. There were not together that much but they scored when together or at least looked really good. Cally and stammer had multiple points in those games and Drouin with at least one.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
JT is a super awesome guy, and definitely improved his shooting on the off season. I just hope it's not too late. He looked great today, but he'll need to really impress to keep his spot going into the year.

Especially with guys like JAM and Erne coming up fast.

Honestly, if JT keeps playing the same way he did in the playoffs... With a tad of his shooting improved ? Wow can't wait to see that. I've been very hard on him previously but his hockey IQ magically (?) improved in the post-season. I hope it's for real.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
[NHL]834804[/NHL]

[NHL]834810[/NHL]

If you guys want to see Drouin - Stamkos - Callahan potential re-watch the Devils and flyers games from December and the Florida game towards the end of the season. There were not together that much but they scored when together or at least looked really good. Cally and stammer had multiple points in those games and Drouin with at least one.
Stammer has had good games with everyone here and there. Some of his best games were against the Rangers in the regular season with Cally and Filppula. The combo with him, Killer, and Filppula was great for a while in the playoffs. And yeah there were some games with Drouin where you thought after some great passing plays they'd stay together for good. So that'll be for Coop to find out what will work consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad