2015-16 Season Preview

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Mods - move if this should belong elsewhere.

Here's a stab at my view of the upcoming season. My original suggested defensive pairs dropped Tyutin down to play with Connauton (RD) and Goloubef playing with Johnson. The version here is edited. I realize that might be a stretch but I was very impressed with Goloubef and think a 2nd pair of fluid skaters with puck moving ability might do well and that Goloubef could be a stabilizing support for Johnson.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it and it sparks some discussion. If you don't like it, that's OK too. Thanks.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/09/columbus-blue-jackets-2015-16-season-preview/

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Good read. Two things jump out at me:

Need to cut down on the number of shots allowed and road record will be tough to duplicate.

Best team we've ever had but as X points out health, Bob and the D are keys. Plus winning a few more faceoffs wouldn't hurt.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
If i was Richards, i'd be beating into their head that points in the beginning of the season are just as important as points near the the end. We cannot stumble out of the gates

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Thanks, Xoggz22. I had the pleasure to read Your article. I don't bother about our health ( it's only consequence of other problems) or Bob, it clear that Bob is elite level G. But I can't decide what problem is more important - our moderate face off % or weak puck moving by our D corp (without it possession sucks and our F have to check/hit more to get the puck again and get injured more)? Injures /after all/ only payment for "technical issues" ( personally, I don't believe that team is able to play this hard physical style all 82 + PO games/season, probably 60-70% but not 100%)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Mods - move if this should belong elsewhere.

Here's a stab at my view of the upcoming season. My original suggested defensive pairs dropped Tyutin down to play with Connauton (RD) and Goloubef playing with Johnson. The version here is edited. I realize that might be a stretch but I was very impressed with Goloubef and think a 2nd pair of fluid skaters with puck moving ability might do well and that Goloubef could be a stabilizing support for Johnson.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it and it sparks some discussion. If you don't like it, that's OK too. Thanks.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/09/columbus-blue-jackets-2015-16-season-preview/

I'd also like to see Golo given a shot in the top 4, paired with JJ or Murray. But high dollar vets don't get demoted around here.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'd also like to see Golo given a shot in the top 4, paired with JJ or Murray. But high dollar vets don't get demoted around here.

So JJ is one of 2 "high dollar vets" on defense. So that leaves Tyutin as Savard's contract doesn't kick in until next season. Not exactly the poster boy for needing a good demotion.

Not really sure where you are going with this one to be honest. Having said that, I'd like to see Golo earn some additional ice time, but a steady 5/6 role would be a good start.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It weird having a team where we don't need to make any significant personnel acquisitions. If anything, we probably need to make subtractions (Bourque, Clarkson, Boll, glut of forward prospects). Now let's see if they can win throughout a MAJORITY of a season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It weird having a team where we don't need to make any significant personnel acquisitions. If anything, we probably need to make subtractions (Bourque, Clarkson, Boll, glut of forward prospects). Now let's see if they can win throughout a MAJORITY of a season.

I agree Lee. It is much different than past years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad