Player Discussion 2015-16 Rangers Report Card

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
For each player or coach, indicate a letter grade (A-F) and whether you would want him to STAY or GO before next season. Feel free to add comments about each team member's performance.

Dan Girardi
Dylan McIlrath
Kevin Klein
J.T. Miller
Eric Staal
Kevin Hayes
Tanner Glass
Derick Brassard
Marc Staal
Jesper Fast
Chris Kreider
Derek Stepan
Dan Boyle
Oscar Lindberg
Viktor Stalberg
Ryan McDonagh
Dominic Moore
Mats Zuccarello
Rick Nash
Brady Skjei
Keith Yandle

Henrik Lundqvist
Antti Raanta

Jeff Gorton
Alain Vigneault
Scott Arniel/PP
Ulf Samuelsson/PK
Benoit Allaire (goaltending)
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Dan Girardi: F------ Go, if possible.

Dylan McIlrath: B, Hard to gauge thanks to AV, but good in limited minutes. Keep.

Kevin Klein: B, Decent most of the year, better than my expectations. Trade if possible.

J.T. Miller: B+, Pretty good year overall, definitely turning in to a player. Keep.

Eric Staal: F-----------------------, Biggest waste of assets in awhile. LOL Get lost.

Kevin Hayes: D-, Pretty bad year overall. Keep, explore trades.

Tanner Glass: Z--------------------, Gett off my team you scrub. Sick of your dumb face.

Derick Brassard: B, Nothing special, but solid year. Kinda weak in the playoffs. Keep, explore trades.

Marc Staal: D- Very up and down, but clearly declining. Trade if possible.

Jesper Fast: B, over used in the wrong situations by Ding Dong, but overall good in his role. Keep.

Chris Kreider: C-, The end of his year barely gets him a C. Keep, explore trades.

Derek Stepan: B+ Typical Stepan year, cold for awhile, but then on fire. Keep.

Dan Boyle: C-, Not god awful, but not good either. Happy retirement.

Oscar Lindberg: A, Solid rookie year. Too bad Vignuts toyed him around. Keep.

Viktor Stalberg: A, Good depth signing, AV, once again, misused him. Bring back for cheap if possible.

Ryan McDonagh: B, Pretty good year overall. Looking a lot better for a stretch until he got hurt. Keep, explore trades.

Dominic Moore: D, Sorry Dom, you were a good soldier, but the best days are behind you. Laters.

Mats Zuccarello: A, Team's leading scorer, nice year from the fan favorite. Keep.

Rick Nash: C-, Tough year for my boy Ricky. I'll miss you man. Good luck and hopefully you win a 'Cup! (Trade, obviously)

Brady Skjei: B, Small sample sizes, but looked pretty good in limited time. He's going to be a solid defensemen for a long time. Keep.

Keith Yandle: A-, Good year for Yandlebar. Actually helped the PP even. Unfortunately it is best for the team if he moves on. Trade rights if you can.

Henrik Lundqvist: A, Great year again from the King, with a few rough spots including the playoffs. He should have won a damn Vezina. Sad. Keep, explore trades.

Antti Raanta: B, Solid back-up, nothing special. Keep.

Jeff Gorton: C, Going with average since I'm not sure what influence he did or did not have, but I don't like what tone was set for his tenure here. He gave AV way too much freedom. This offseason could define his entire time as Rangers GM. Good luck. Keep.

Alain Vigneault: F--------------------, F for **** you and your damn love affair with bad players. Get off my team, loser.

Scott Arniel/PP: C, Not sure how responsible he is for much of anything, but the PP was pretty okay for awhile. Get rid off him though.

Ulf Samuelsson/PK: D, Worst PK in years, although no entirely his fault. Horrible defense too, also not really on him. For good measure though, get packing.

Benoit Allaire (goaltending): A, great as always.

Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach): F, Fire him, hire me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
abcdef

Dan Girardi E - Sad and harsh to say but he shot. Buyout is the last option and he could probably do ok in a limited role but can't anchor that blueline anymore. Him and Marc can most definitive not be brought back.
Dylan McIlrath C - Showed that he's a NHL player that probably will be a quite important one who will burst out of his coaches tunnel vision soon, this is revieling since I really have liked him as a prospect but hated that pick.
Kevin Klein B - A new good year for Klein, he sould be back.
J.T. Miller A - He was be on of a few true joys to follow.
Eric Staal F - I really like the addition of him when the trade happen, though giving up Saalera made me pissed. Staal did zip nada as a Rangers and should find a new home with his bro.
Kevin Hayes E - Frustratin, slumping, looked lazy. Trade if you can get value.
Tanner Glass E - It's Mr. Glass gonna stop there.
Derick Brassard B - Nice season for Brass, would deal him for something sweat.
Marc Staal D - He's far from G-bad but need something different, most importantly none more man to man he can't cope with. Maybe he needs a bigger change than that and praying for just one GM having his house open couse McD, Yandle, Skjei is the deal.
Jesper Fast C - Solid, belived he would add more offense.
Chris Kreider D - He has to find a way to energiseze himself more that 30 times a year....
Derek Stepan C - Stay helthy and all will be good.
Dan Boyle F for **** off.
Oscar Lindberg C - Should take over for Moore next fall, his job too lose.
Viktor Stalberg C - Only money can make this from the summers easiest re-sign in NY.
Ryan McDonagh C - Slow start, not like he has been bad, but not very good either, expected more and this team really needs more out of him.
Dominic Moore D - Maybe he's done. Shouldn't be back. Hope he finds luck elsewhere.
Mats Zuccarello A - I love this man and have for a quite long time, so glad he managed to be the leading scorer on Manhattan after how last year ended.
Rick Nash D - 60 games? Really. Alright put that money on someone elses payroll please.
Brady Skjei C - Simply have to show more by playing but it's looks really solid so far.
Keith Yandle B - Dude is good. Sure he is having some giganitic defensive errors at time but he's not bad at defending and he is reeaaally good offensively. Finding room for him is Gortons major challange this summer and anything that's not bringing him back is a disaster.

Henrik Lundqvist B - Solid season, quite bad playoffs though i didn't matter. Have to understand that he need some new hockey friends.
Antti Raanta

Jeff Gorton D - Haven't done anything really but some bad trade. This summer is a true test.

Alain Vigneault
Scott Arniel/PP
Ulf Samuelsson/PK

(Coaching staff) D - All but Benoit the supposedly legend can go for all I care, really don't want more of AV thinking he knows best all the ****ing time. Humble up, find some (major) tweeks at your system, be more involved or get booted.

Last edited:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
abcdef

Dan Girardi E - Sad and harsh to say but he shot. Buyout is the last option and he could probably do ok in a limited role but can't anchor that blueline anymore. Him and Marc can most definitive not be brought back.
Dylan McIlrath C - Showed that he's a NHL player that probably will be a quite important one who will burst out of his coaches tunnel vision soon, this is revieling since I really have liked him as a prospect but hated that pick.
Eric Staal F - I really like the addiotion of him when the trade happend, though giving up Saalera made me pissed. Staal did zip nada as a Rangers and should find a new home with his bro.

Why do you want some sweat for Brass? :D

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Dan Girardi - F - Please get him as far away from the team as possible. - GO
Dylan McIlrath - B - Had a good run with Yandle and looks to be an NHL player but had some rough patches during the season too. Didn't help that AV never played him. - STAY
Kevin Klein - B - Was a big positive for this team during the season when the D was in shambles but tailed off at the end. I'm in favor of nuking the D and he could recoup some assets so.... - GO
J.T. Miller - A- - Breakout season for JT, looking forward to more from him. - STAY
Eric Staal - F - Disaster. - GO
Kevin Hayes - C- - Rough year for the kid. Hopefully it was a sophomore slump. - STAY
Tanner Glass - F - lol. - GO
Derick Brassard - B - Had highs and lows. Point total and production was great but left a lot to be desired in the D zone and in the playoffs. Could be a great trade chip but for now I'll say.... - STAY
Marc Staal - C- - I would have had him at an F but I thought he looked a lot better down the stretch and in the playoffs. I still think he's salvageable but the contract is a disaster. GO
Jesper Fast - C+ - He's fine for his role but AV insists on using him in the top 6. - STAY
Chris Kreider - B- - Tale of two seasons it seemed. Overall disappointing but still 20+ goals. - STAY
Derek Stepan - B- - Rough at the start, picked it up later. - STAY
Dan Boyle - F - Horrible year. Congrats on the great career. - GO
Oscar Lindberg - B - Torrid start but faded. Shouldn't have been scratched down the stretch but whatever. Not bad for a rookie year. - STAY
Viktor Stalberg - B - Good for his role though if he's back hopefully he chips in a few more points. - STAY
Ryan McDonagh - B- - Still don't believe he looks like the Mac of old. - STAY
Dominic Moore - D - Very disappointing year. Think he's finished - GO
Mats Zuccarello - B+ - Overall very impressive year to bounce back from the injury though he finished horribly. - STAY
Rick Nash - C+ - Disappointing regular season, looked good in the playoffs. Will have to go due to his contract. - GO
Brady Skjei - INC - Not enough of a sample but looked pretty good down the run for us. - STAY
Keith Yandle - A- - Misused horribly early on but overall had a fantastic year. Unfortunately, think the price will be too high for us so for that reason i say - GO

Henrik Lundqvist - B+ - Took a little off because of the playoffs but I don't blame him for faltering because he carried this sad sack team all year. - STAY
Antti Raanta - B - Hot and cold but overall was fine - STAY

Jeff Gorton - C - Not a fan of what he did in his first year but the important decisions are to come - STAY
Alain Vigneault
Scott Arniel/PP
Ulf Samuelsson/PK

Coaching staff - They could all go except Benoit. F's for all of them, A for Allaire.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
For each player or coach, indicate a letter grade (A-F) and whether you would want him to STAY or GO before next season. Feel free to add comments about each team member's performance.

Dan Girardi - F: Thank you for everything you've done as a Ranger, G, but your body is breaking down and it would be best for the organization to move in a separate direction. GO
Dylan McIlrath -B: showed a lot of promise when he was paired with Yandle, but then he got sat, came in cold, and was put in the wrong position a lot. Also, he needs to be better as a PKer because he would screen Hank too often STAY
Kevin Klein: B+ solid, reliable, and he stepped up big when asked to play with McDonagh STAY
J.T. Miller: A-: still prone to mental lapses in the defensive zone and with the puck, but he really fine-tuned his game, kept it simple, and was a fantastic scorer for us in the middle of the season. Let's hope he carries that momentum into next season because he's going to be relied on for offense. Really was impressed by how he was our leading scorer on the road. STAY
Eric Staal: F: I wanted him to be tried as a LW in our top-6, but we viewed him as a center for some reason. He was good with Stalberg and Lindberg on his flanks, but completely disappeared down the stretch and in the playoffs. Let's hope Saarela doesn't burn us for the next decade. GO
Kevin Hayes: C-: come into camp this season in shape. The potential is there, but get your **** together, Kevin. STAY, but I'd listen to trades
Tanner Glass: F: $1.45M of wasted cap space. I hope he's moved for an actual energy 4th liner or gets replaced by Hrivik. GTFO
Derick Brassard: A-: Brass bonanza was a stud for us this season, but I'm not a fan of how he disappeared on the road during the regular season. He had a poor playoffs too. STAY, but I'd listen to trade offers
Marc Staal: D+: lots of ups and downs, but the bad overshadowed the good. I liked him with McDonagh/McIlrath on his right side. He needs to work on his puck skills in tight because they're non-existent after the eye injury STAY: don't think we'll be able to move him, and we need veteran presence for the young guys. I would move him if someone wants to trade for him though
Jesper Fast: B+: our coach asked too much of him, but Jesper is really a fantastic defensive forward. Perfect piece for our bottom-9 STAY
Chris Kreider: C+: kid's an enigma, but he turned it up near the playoffs and was the monster we expect him to be. His inconsistencies are maddening, but it'd be really tough to lose his skill set. STAY
Derek Stepan: B+: I thought he was one of our more underrated players this season. He never really had consistent linemates, but still performed. I'd prefer to keep him for the re-tool/rebuild STAY
Dan Boyle: D-: glad you have your teammates' respect, Dan, but I got sick of your roaming antics and lack of production really quickly this season. He had some moments where he looked great, but he wasn't worth that contract GO
Oscar Lindberg: B: Flashed some nice scoring ability early in the season, and then showed some really nice ability to be a tough two-way winger with he flanked Staal and Stalberg. Disappointed how AV jerked him around STAY
Viktor Stalberg: B+: great value depth signing and I hope he's here next season STAY
Ryan McDonagh: B+: flashed moments of brilliance and vintage McDonagh when he wasn't anchored all season STAY
Dominic Moore: C-: tough to see, but his legs started to go midway through the season. Too bad he was never given consistent wingers these past two years GO
Mats Zuccarello: A: self-explanatory. Zucc is the man. STAY FOREVER
Rick Nash: B: I saw a lot of good from Nash this year, but he had some of the worst puck luck I've ever seen. I've always liked him during his time here, but it's time to move on and get some youth into the organization. I'm happy he ended his Rangers career on a high note by having another productive post season sorry, but GO
Brady Skjei: B: I saw a lot that I liked from Skjei in his small sample size. I think he has a lot of potential to be a Hjalmarsson-lite kinda player for us. STAY
Keith Yandle: A: Yandle is the man too, but AV gave him some of the silliest usage all season. His defense is average, but his offensive skills are amazing. I obviously want to retain him, but I know it's unlikely STAY

Henrik Lundqvist: A: I'm amazed he didn't murder some of his teammates for the constant blown coverages in front of him. Thank you once again, Henke. STAY
Antti Raanta: B+: bring him back. I like Raanta STAY

Jeff Gorton: B-: not a fan of the Staal trade in hindsight. He did bring in Stalberg, and I have a feeling that Jensen trade might be a shrewd move that pays off in the future. This offseason will be much more telling that last year. STAY

Fire all of these coaches:
Alain Vigneault: D: Such a stubborn mule, and I don't understand how he didn't realize his system led to constant breakdowns and scoring chances against. Adjust for ****s sake, you dolt. That being said, we somehow got 100 points this year playing like a lottery team.
Scott Arniel/PP: C-: meh, I want to run an umbrella like most successful teams do. We don't move the puck quickly enough on the powerplay
Ulf Samuelsson/PK: F: sucked this year managing the pairings and PK
Benoit Allaire (goaltending): A: always reliable
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach): N/A: no idea what to give them because I'd hope that they see the constant breakdowns in our end, but the coaches refused to listen to them

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
abcdef

Eric Staal F - I really like the addition of him when the trade happen, though giving up Saalera made me pissed. Staal did zip nada as a Rangers and should find a new home with his bro.
Marc Staal D - He's far from G-bad but need something different, most importantly none more man to man he can't cope with. Maybe he needs a bigger change than that and praying for just one GM having his house open couse McD, Yandle, Skjei is the deal.
Jesper Fast C - Solid, belived he would add more offense.
Chris Kreider D - He has to find a way to energiseze himself more that 30 times a year....
Derek Stepan C - Stay helthy and all will be good.
Dan Boyle F for **** off.
Oscar Lindberg C - Should take over for Moore next fall, his job too lose.
Viktor Stalberg C - Only money can make this from the summers easiest re-sign in NY.
Ryan McDonagh C - Slow start, not like he has been bad, but not very good either, expected more and this team really needs more out of him.
Dominic Moore D - Maybe he's done. Shouldn't be back. Hope he finds luck elsewhere.
Mats Zuccarello A - I love this man and have for a quite long time, so glad he managed to be the leading scorer on Manhattan after how last year ended.
Rick Nash D - 60 games? Really. Alright put that money on someone elses payroll please.
Brady Skjei C - Simply have to show more by playing but it's looks really solid so far.
Keith Yandle B - Dude is good. Sure he is having some giganitic defensive errors at time but he's not bad at defending and he is reeaaally good offensively. Finding room for him is Gortons major challange this summer and anything that's not bringing him back is a disaster.

Henrik Lundqvist B - Solid season, quite bad playoffs though i didn't matter. Have to understand that he need some new hockey friends.
Antti Raanta

Jeff Gorton D - Haven't done anything really but some bad trade. This summer is a true test.

Alain Vigneault
Scott Arniel/PP
Ulf Samuelsson/PK

(Coaching staff) D - All but Benoit the supposedly legend can go for all I care, really don't want more of AV thinking he knows best all the ****ing time. Humble up, find some (major) tweeks at your system, be more involved or get booted.

Miller's an A and Kreider a D? They had the exact same stats. And Miller scored 9 of his goals in three weeks in the middle of the year. In the playoffs he was horrible outside of 4 minutes in game 2. Are they graded on an expectation curve?

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Dan Girardi: D- Bad year for him, hurts the team more than he helps
Dylan McIlrath: B- Looked very good from the limited time he played, but still some questions about him
Kevin Klein: A- Had some bad games, but was overall great. Stepped up to the 1st pairing role and excelled
J.T. Miller: A Came into his own this year, I expect him to be a Ranger for a long time
Eric Staal: C- Didn't like the trade, he had some good games, he won't be missed
Kevin Hayes: B- Scored less points that last year, but still had a good year. Should be in the teams plans long term
Tanner Glass: F Please just go....
Derick Brassard: A Great year, really stepped up with the scoring when Nash was hurt. Glad he's on the team
Marc Staal: D- Bad year, needs to go. His eye injury is hurting his career
Jesper Fast: B- Had a career year, good for him. Used in a weird role on the second line, should be on the 3rd/4th next year
Chris Kreider: B Same old same old. Missed expectations of scoring 30 goals, but needs to be brought back
Derek Stepan: A- Consistent as could be down the stretch, although the first few weeks of the season were bad. He's worth the contract
Dan Boyle: C Had a fine year points wise, age caught up, and he slowed down. Doesn't deserve all the hate
Oscar Lindberg: B Exceeded expectations from camp, and still got punished. He'll leave his mark on the team next year
Viktor Stalberg: C+ Good player, great speed, really came into his own down the stretch. Should be brought back next year for similar money
Ryan McDonagh: B+ Had a good year, played fine even with his boat anchor. He deserves a true top pairing DMAN to play with
Dominic Moore: C- Had an average year, dependable for faceoff's, offense dropped off. Good run with the Rangers but he won't be brought back
Mats Zuccarello: A Had the best year of his career, is the spark for the team, and a personal favorite. Hope he stay a Ranger for a long time.
Rick Nash: B Injured a lot this year, and getting a lot of hate. Still an excellent player, and he'll be back to scoring goals next year
Brady Skjei: B He's the real deal, and ready for the big time. Will be a fixture on the blue line for years to come, needs a better number though
Keith Yandle: A One of the team's most dependable players, stepped up when it counted, and needs to be brought back

Henrik Lundqvist: A Had a great year, not his fault the defense was an abomination. Getting hate for no reason
Antti Raanta: B- As dependable as a backup as one could get. Not sure he's brought back, but I wouldn't mind having him

Jeff Gorton: B- Made some smart moves, made some not so smart. I have some faith in him, hopefully he proves me right
Alain Vigneault: C Needs to adjust, and stop treating younger guys like the plague. Will be out of a job if he doesn't adjust
Scott Arniel/PP: C- PP wasn't great, but AV should of had Yandle out there in the beginning more
Ulf Samuelsson/PK: C- PK was bad, but that falls on the defense. Can only make do with what you got. Think he'd make a decent head coach
Benoit Allaire (goaltending): A Nothing needs to be said
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach): N/A Fine I guess

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Some serious generosity in here.

If a C is considered an average grade, how can anyone here give anyone other than Hank, Miller, McDonagh, Zuke, McI, Klein and maybe Brass and Stalberg a higher grade?

This season was a total disaster - I have never seen a group of athletes underperform as badly as these idiots did. We probably witnessed history in that regard.

Aside from a hot finish, Stepan and Kreider were ****ing atrocious this year. Come on people.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Dan Girardi - F----------- I can count how many good games he had this season on one hand.
Dylan McIlrath - B- He played good when AV actually played him. Maybe inconsistent with his puck moving and coverage but I liked what I saw from him.
Kevin Klein - B Thought he was good for most of the season, but feel he was pretty inconsistent in the 2nd half and the playoffs.
J.T. Miller - A- Great season for him. He really broke out into a Top 6 player for us.
Eric Staal - D- He had two or three really good games for us, but the trade and his play was pretty garbage overall.
Kevin Hayes - C Don't think he was as bad as people say, but definitely a sophomore slump.
Tanner Glass - F He always sucks.
Derick Brassard - B Brass was great at home with points, but was bad away and had a down year for possession.
Marc Staal - D Really bad most of the year, had a good one or two months but was crap otherwise.
Jesper Fast - C Meh. He had 30 points but a lot of empty nets. Meh in the playoffs. Should stay on the 4th line.
Chris Kreider - C+ Inconsistent. Stepped up int he 2nd half but still looking for more from him.
Derek Stepan - B+ Overall think he was pretty good. Bad 1st half but amazing 2nd half.
Dan Boyle - C- Age caught up with him, as lots probably expected.
Oscar Lindberg - B Was great his first few games and should be a regular in the lineup. Don't know why he was ever scratched in favor of Glass.
Viktor Stalberg - B- He was pretty good for us. Wouldn't mind him back for cheap.
Ryan McDonagh - B+ Thought he had a good year, an underrated one. Is great without Girardi. Injuries kept bugging him too.
Dominic Moore - C- He was meh but having Glass didn't help. He should probably be gone. Farewell to Dom. Was good with us for sure. Will never forget the GWG against Montreal.
Mats Zuccarello - B+ Had an unbelievable start to the season. Really slowed down in the 2nd half, Had a down year in possession. Still pretty good.
Rick Nash - C He had that injury and was slower than last year. Still think he's a great player unlike a lot of people.
Brady Skjei - C+ Thought he was pretty solid, but looked kidna shaky in the POs.
Keith Yandle - A He was great for the most part for us. I'll miss him. Unbelievable player.

Henrik Lundqvist - A His first half literally is the reason we made the playoffs. Team in front of him was garbage the whole season too. He had a bad playoffs but again, the entire team was crap.
Antti Raanta - B- Thought he filled in pretty valiantly. Still wish we had Cam though.

Jeff Gorton - C- Eric Staal move was brutal, and wasn't a big fan of the Etem one(wish we had gotte Murphy for Etem), was pretty meh overall imo.
Alain Vigneault - F------- This guy was just trash. I have nothing else to say about him.
Scott Arniel/PP - C Inconsistent.
Ulf Samuelsson/PK - F It was garbage.
Benoit Allaire (goaltending) - A+ This guy will always get an A. Best goalie coach in the world. Benny Allarie is awesome.
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) - N/A I have no idea.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Dan Girardi - F. He is done, all he'll do from this point is being detrimental to the team. - GO
Dylan McIlrath - N/A. I honestly dont know, i've not seen him enough. Some great plays, some rookie mistakes, not really allowed to develop under AV. - STAY
Kevin Klein - B. Somewhat inconsistent, but generally solid at what he does. - STAY
J.T. Miller - B. Also a little inconsistent, but when he turns it on, he is on fire. - STAY
Eric Staal - E. Not what the team needed. - GO
Kevin Hayes - C. Sophomore slump probably. We know he can do better, so does he. - STAY
Tanner Glass - E. Had a few games where he could pass as a fourth liner. Usually nowhere not so much. - GO
Derick Brassard - A. Steady for most of the year, few overall complaints. - STAY
Marc Staal - D. Less useless than Girardi..still nowhere near good enough considering his contract. - GO
Jesper Fast - C. Got bounced around a lot between lines, but was fairly solid. Probably should try to avoid putting him in the top 6 though. - STAY
Chris Kreider - C. Mr. Inconsistency. Difficult to figure out, has every tool to be a monster, but cant seem to turn it on. - STAY
Derek Stepan - A. Generally did his job well. - STAY
Dan Boyle - D. Age simply caught up with him. - GO
Oscar Lindberg - C. Difficult to say with the inconsistent usage of him. Liked what i saw though. - STAY
Viktor Stalberg - C Very fast, and performed well in a bottom role. - STAY
Ryan McDonagh - B. Our overall best defenseman, but hampered by injuries. - STAY
Dominic Moore - D. Big step backwards compared to last season. If its age or a fluke.. i honestly dont know. - UNDECIDED
Mats Zuccarello - A. Would have liked a little more consistency, but its his best year ever. - STAY
Rick Nash - B. Not his best year offensively, but defensively he is a rock. Dont think that he can defend that contract of his though - GO
Brady Skjei - N/A. Didn't see him enough. What i saw was very positive though. - STAY
Keith Yandle - Would give 2 grades here.. A for offense, D for defense. Our best offensive defenseman by miles.. not that impressive defensively. Extremely wary of his contract demands.. - UNDECIDED

Henrik Lundqvist - A. The King.. enough said. - STAY
Antti Raanta - B. Did well as a backup. We cant ask for more than that. - STAY

Jeff Gorton - I'll come back and rate him after the signings / letting people go :)
Alain Vigneault - D. Not very happy with AV, he is far too stubborn and inflexible. That is going to bite us hard... - GO
Scott Arniel/PP - E Seeing that the PP is mostly an abomination, at some point we have to see if changing system might help. - GO
Ulf Samuelsson/PK - F. Atrocious defense, PLEASE replace... - GO
Benoit Allaire (goaltending) - A. Both goalies did their job, so he must have done his. - STAY
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) - Not a clue, though if they are responsible for analyzing games, buying them a brain might be a good idea (just watching our defense was utterly painful at times, how did nobody spot the gazillion glaring defensive problems ?).

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Dan Girardi - F - Go. Ive been a supporter of Dans for a long time. Just read some of my posts from even a year ago, but I'll tell you. I'm done. Hes done. It's done. Lets just....be done.

Dylan McIlrath - B- - Stay. So much untapped potential. He still needs to work on his balance, and he still needs to work on the timing of his hip checks so that he doenst miss them and take himself out of the play...but he needs to play...we need someone who can punish the opposition. AV is an idiot for losing a full year of development on this kid.

Kevin Klein - B+ - Go. One of our most tradeable assets, and not a long term solution given his age. Get what you can get.

J.T. Miller - B- - Stay. Young, getting better, could be a good cog for a developing team in 2-3 years.

Eric Staal - F- - Stay. I want him strictly because, if you can tear this team down, and have him be a veteran on this team to start the year to buy the kids some time, you coudl flip him at the deadline and gain some assets...either way, i DONT EXPECT him to come back, but I think hes a very good "buy low" candidate.

Kevin Hayes - D- - Stay. Bad season, but I think you dont give up on young large skaters with his talent set.

Tanner Glass - T - GTFO. T stands for Troll.. read Harry Potter you noob.

Derick Brassard - B- Go - See Klein.

Marc Staal - F+ - Go. Probably our easiest to move crappy asset. Get him out while you can.

Jesper Fast - C- - Go. So easily replaceable. Can you flip him for a better asset? Maybe? But I think AV has an affinity for him and puts him in positions he shouldnt be. Trade him just to take him away from AV.

Chris Kreider - D+ - Stay - Disappointing start, good finish. So much untapped potential...keep him around if you can get a good contract for him for 4-5 years.

Derek Stepan - D - Sto. Sto as in im fine if he stays or goes...we could use some salary to get us to the cap floor..hes a leader, etc...im fine with him staying, but if you can get something big in return, do it.

Dan Boyle - F - Go. Lol.

Oscar Lindberg - C - Stay...he could be so much more, if hes put in a position to succeed...

Viktor Stalberg - A- - Stay. I know he didnt produce enough numbers, but he was able to single handedly carry around the corpse of Dominic Moore and the anchor that is Tanner Glass and make them a line that wasnt the single worst line in the history of the game...imagine if he stayed with Staal and Lindberg?

Ryan McDonagh - B - Stay...unless you can get something like Draisaitl and Edmontons first round pick.

Dominic Moore - D- - Go. Hes done.

Mats Zuccarello - B- - Go. Love Zucc...but I think you can get a fortune for him...excellent player on a team friendly contract...trade him, get back a high draft puck and a prospect...i think he could actually fetch that.

Rick Nash - F - Go. His time here is done...but I think hes been a good player for us every year except for this one.

Brady Skjei - C- - Stay - A bit too much fanboyness going on around him, but you can see the potential...he'll be a regular next season.

Keith Yandle - A+ - Go. Love him, but hes 30...by the time we are ready to compete, he'll be 33-35...and then he'll be a 7 million dollar noose hanging around our neck. No thanks.

Henrik Lundqvist - A- - Dealers choice. Rebuild this team, see if he wants to be a part of it. Im fine either way...he deserves to be the one to make that choice.

Antti Raanta - C - Go. If he wants a raise, he can leave...we have options.

Jeff Gorton - F - Stay. He had a rough year, particularly the Staal trade...but hindsight is 20/20..unfortunately most of this board could see this failure coming BEFORE the trade deadline (raises hand) and he couldnt....still, 1 year does not a career make...lets see what he can do this year...

Alain Vigneault - F-------- - GTFO. Im done with him. Just a terrible judge of ability, and absolutely ZERO ability to adjust on the fly. Plays everyone the same minutes regardless of if they are playing like crap or playing well, and has an absurd sense of accountability. Leave...now.

Scott Arniel/PP - F--------- Have you seen our power play? GTFO Arniel.

Ulf Samuelsson/PK - F------------- Have you seen our PK?! Its worse than our PP!!

Benoit Allaire (goaltending) - A+ - Stay...I feel like he could turn me into a good goalie...

Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) - F - We always seemed completely unprepared for what the other teams were doing.

DieByTheShield

Fire AV
Sep 15, 2014
San Diego CA
Dan Girardi-F---
Dylan McIlrath-B+
Kevin Klein-B
J.T. Miller-A-
Eric Staal-F--
Kevin Hayes-D-
Tanner Glass-F+
Derick Brassard-B
Marc Staal-D-
Jesper Fast-C
Chris Kreider-D+
Derek Stepan-B-
Dan Boyle-F+
Oscar Lindberg-B
Viktor Stalberg-C
Ryan McDonagh-B+
Dominic Moore-D
Mats Zuccarello-A
Rick Nash-F
Brady Skjei-B-
Keith Yandle-A

Henrik Lundqvist-A-
Antti Raanta-C-

Jeff Gorton-D-
Alain Vigneault-Z------------------------
Scott Arniel/PP-C-
Ulf Samuelsson/PK-F
Benoit Allaire (goaltending)-B+
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach)-C

Last edited:

Antoine Vermette

Jun 6, 2015
Dan Girardi: F, Have to get rid of him
Dylan McIlrath: B, Keep
Kevin Klein: B, Explore trades, but keep unless we get something good
J.T. Miller: A, Keep
Eric Staal: D, Bye
Kevin Hayes: B, Have to keep
Tanner Glass: F, lol Bye
Derick Brassard: B, keep unless we can move for a good, young PMD
Marc Staal: F, lol bye
Jesper Fast: C, Good 4th Liner, not good when used improperly. Keep.
Chris Kreider: B: Dangle as trade bait for a PMD, keep otherwise
Derek Stepan: A: Keep
Dan Boyle: A, for telling Brooksie what to go do with himself. C for his play
Oscar Lindberg: B, Keep
Viktor Stalberg: B, Keep if he doesn;t want a raise (which he will, so bye)
Ryan McDonagh: A, Nice rebound year for McD, Keep
Dominic Moore: C, Looks kinda cooked at this point. Thanks for 2014, but bye
Mats Zuccarello: B, Keep
Rick Nash: C, 5 Goals in his last 8 Playoff games, but the dumb narratives will win. Keep.
Brady Skjei: C, looked raw, which is to be expected. Keep.
Keith Yandle: A, Keep.

Henrik Lundqvist: A+++++++++++++, Keep
Antti Raanta: B, Keep for six figures, if not than bye

Jeff Gorton: D
Alain Vigneault: F
Scott Arniel/PP: C
Ulf Samuelsson/PK: F
Benoit Allaire (goaltending): A+
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach): D

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Dan Girardi - F buy out

Dylan McIlrath - C+ only because Veen yo wouldn't let him be better than Berle

Kevin Klein - B+ Occasional bad turnover but I really like him

J.T. Miller - B+ Would have been higher if he didn't fall off at the end of year

Eric Staal - F The Staal family is approaching the Sutter family in my hatred.

Kevin Hayes - D Talented lazy half-smart half-stupid infuriating player. The Rangers didn't have to sign him. With that recipe it was anointed he would be here

Tanner Glass - C+ Sorry. I like him better than the rest of you

Derick Brassard - B+ Not great but I still like him on my team. Better clutch player than most on this team. That's for sure.

Marc Staal - F Done, goodbye, amscray. Change your name to Sutter

Jesper Fast - C+ And to think I used to consider he and Miller similar

Chris Kreider - C+ Too good to get rid of, but one day he has to make it stick

Derek Stepan - B Good but still invisible too often

Dan Boyle - F- My most hated Ranger since Redden. There's a Yiddish expression which translates into "He wanders around like a fart in a blanket."

Oscar Lindberg - D Started well then disappeared

Viktor Stalberg - B- Can't get much better than him for his role

Ryan McDonagh - B Mr. Injury

Dominic Moore - D All good things must come to an end

Mats Zuccarello - A- Need a team full of him

Rick Nash - D Get off my team you $8 million penalty killer

Brady Skjei - Incomplete but I really like him

Keith Yandle - B I spent most of year waiting to get rid of him and now that I wouldn't mind keeping him he's leaving

Henrik Lundqvist - A- Still the best

Antti Raanta - B- He's no Cam Talbott

Jeff Gorton - D He's made in Slat's graven image

Alain Vigneault - D Killed the defense and the Ranger's season this year

Scott Arniel/PP - D+ Power play slightly better but was it coaching or players?

Ulf Samuelsson/PK - Defense stunk but was it Ulfie or Veen yo that pushed for the older bums? I'd have McIrath and Skjei in there all year

Benoit Allaire (goaltending) - A If the best goalie in the world likes him so do I

Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) - Like I have a clue? Learn to alter the tape and challenge! challenge! challenge!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Miller's an A and Kreider a D? They had the exact same stats. And Miller scored 9 of his goals in three weeks in the middle of the year. In the playoffs he was horrible outside of 4 minutes in game 2. Are they graded on an expectation curve?

I'm seeing some Fast grades higher than Kreider. That is insane to me.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Dan Girardi F I have always liked Dan, but his body is done. He's become an liability. GO.
Dylan McIlrath C+ He has taken a huge step. Needs to be in. Good shot, good skater, great physicality, knows how to protect the blue. KEEP.
Kevin Klein C+ Stretches of good and bad. KEEP/Possible trade.
J.T. Miller B Terrific breakout year. KEEP.
Eric Staal D Still think he could produce with better linemates. Injuries have affected his overall play. No longer star caliber. GO, unless he takes a major discount.
Kevin Hayes C Inconsistent and lazy at times, but has skill. KEEP/Possible trade.
Tanner Glass F Other than fighting and throwing an occasional good hit, he's useless at playing hockey. Can't possess, can't defend. GO.
Derick Brassard B+ 27 goals. KEEP.
Marc Staal D- A lot of bad. Finished okay I guess. GO.
Jesper Fast C Good bottom sixer. Taken a step forward. Hard worker. But doesn't belong in the top 6 because of limited hands. KEEP.
Chris Kreider C+ Inconsitent and invisible at times. Has the tools to be great, but has to show up out there. Strong finish to season. KEEP.
Derek Stepan B- Started slow, but got stronger as the season went on. If he only could avoid sniping the logo. KEEP.
Dan Boyle F You're done, Dan. Thanks for *****slapping Brooksie though. GO.
Oscar Lindberg C+ Strong start for the rook, but needs to tone down the lazy penalties. Surprisingly physical. KEEP.
Viktor Stalberg C Okay. Just stay away from the top 6. KEEP or GO, it depends on cash.
Ryan McDonagh B- Struggled at times. Injuries.. But still dominant on a lot of nights. KEEP.
Dominic Moore C Struggled more than usual. Nothing special. KEEP/GO.
Mats Zuccarello A No need to elaborate. KEEP.
Rick Nash C- Mediocre season. KEEP/Possible trade
Brady Skjei C Great potential. KEEP.
Keith Yandle B+ AV's usage of Keith was embarrassing. Has occasional brainfarts and hesitates to shoot at times. Unless he demands crazy cash, KEEP.

Henrik Lundqvist A Struggled more than usual in the playoffs, but so did everybody else. KEEP.
Antti Raanta B Okay for the most part. KEEP if possible.

Jeff Gorton D Meh.
Alain Vigneault D You were a SOB this season. /Explore possible options.
Scott Arniel/PP F **** off.
Ulf Samuelsson/PK F LOL.
Benoit Allaire (goaltending) A Still a genius.
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) ? - Dunno.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Dan Girardi - D, trade.
Dylan McIlrath - B - first year, played better then expected and showed some offensive competence. Keep.
Kevin Klein - B. Keep.
J.T. Miller - B. Keep. Like that he started playing more physical in the second half.
Eric Staal - D. Let him walk. Lindberg is just as good.
Kevin Hayes - D. Keep since his value is low right now.
Tanner Glass - D. Trade.
Derick Brassard - B+. Trade, he has a lot of value right now.
Marc Staal - C. Trade.
Jesper Fast - C. Keep.
Chris Kreider - C. Trade, probably has decent value right now due to size.
Derek Stepan - B. Keep.
Dan Boyle - C. Let him walk.
Oscar Lindberg - C. Keep.
Viktor Stalberg - C. Keep.
Ryan McDonagh - B. Keep.
Dominic Moore - C. Keep.
Mats Zuccarello - B+. Keep.
Rick Nash - F. Trade please.
Brady Skjei - C. Keep.
Keith Yandle - B+. Keep and trade as necessary.

Henrik Lundqvist - B+. Trade. We're "win now" as long as he's around.
Antti Raanta - B. Keep.

Jeff Gorton - C. E. Staal move was bad.
Alain Vigneault - C. Didn't minimize problems arising on the defense.
Scott Arniel/PP - who knows.
Ulf Samuelsson/PK - who knows.
Benoit Allaire (goaltending) - B+.
Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach) - D, too much video practicing.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Dan Girardi: F------ Go, if possible.

Dylan McIlrath: B, Hard to gauge thanks to AV, but good in limited minutes. Keep.

Kevin Klein: B, Decent most of the year, better than my expectations. Trade if possible.

J.T. Miller: B+, Pretty good year overall, definitely turning in to a player. Keep.

Eric Staal: F-----------------------, Biggest waste of assets in awhile. LOL Get lost.

Kevin Hayes: D-, Pretty bad year overall. Keep, explore trades.

Tanner Glass: Z--------------------, Gett off my team you scrub. Sick of your dumb face.

Derick Brassard: B, Nothing special, but solid year. Kinda weak in the playoffs. Keep, explore trades.

Marc Staal: D- Very up and down, but clearly declining. Trade if possible.

Jesper Fast: B, over used in the wrong situations by Ding Dong, but overall good in his role. Keep.

Chris Kreider: C-, The end of his year barely gets him a C. Keep, explore trades.

Derek Stepan: B+ Typical Stepan year, cold for awhile, but then on fire. Keep.

Dan Boyle: C-, Not god awful, but not good either. Happy retirement.

Oscar Lindberg: A, Solid rookie year. Too bad Vignuts toyed him around. Keep.

Viktor Stalberg: A, Good depth signing, AV, once again, misused him. Bring back for cheap if possible.

Ryan McDonagh: B, Pretty good year overall. Looking a lot better for a stretch until he got hurt. Keep, explore trades.

Dominic Moore: D, Sorry Dom, you were a good soldier, but the best days are behind you. Laters.

Mats Zuccarello: A, Team's leading scorer, nice year from the fan favorite. Keep.

Rick Nash: C-, Tough year for my boy Ricky. I'll miss you man. Good luck and hopefully you win a 'Cup! (Trade, obviously)

Brady Skjei: B, Small sample sizes, but looked pretty good in limited time. He's going to be a solid defensemen for a long time. Keep.

Keith Yandle: A-, Good year for Yandlebar. Actually helped the PP even. Unfortunately it is best for the team if he moves on. Trade rights if you can.

Henrik Lundqvist: A, Great year again from the King, with a few rough spots including the playoffs. He should have won a damn Vezina. Sad. Keep, explore trades.

Antti Raanta: B, Solid back-up, nothing special. Keep.

Jeff Gorton: C, Going with average since I'm not sure what influence he did or did not have, but I don't like what tone was set for his tenure here. He gave AV way too much freedom. This offseason could define his entire time as Rangers GM. Good luck. Keep.

Alain Vigneault: F--------------------, F for **** you and your damn love affair with bad players. Get off my team, loser.

Scott Arniel/PP: C, Not sure how responsible he is for much of anything, but the PP was pretty okay for awhile. Get rid off him though.

Ulf Samuelsson/PK: D, Worst PK in years, although no entirely his fault. Horrible defense too, also not really on him. For good measure though, get packing.

Benoit Allaire (goaltending): A, great as always.

Darryl Williams/Jerry Dineen (video coach): F, Fire him, hire me.

Agree on pretty much everything. But i would keep Dom Moore. Just get Glass away from him and he is still a very good bottom 6 player.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vickers8

Dan Girardi D- Go
Dylan McIlrath B Keeper
Kevin Klein A Keeper
J.T. Miller B- Keeper
Eric Staal C- Go
Kevin Hayes C- Stay
Tanner Glass C- Go
Derick Brassard B- Stay
Marc Staal C- Stay
Jesper Fast C+ Stay
Chris Kreider B- Keeper
Derek Stepan D Trade
Dan Boyle Z- Crap is crap
Oscar Lindberg D Trade
Viktor Stalberg C+ Stay
Ryan McDonagh C+ Stay
Dominic Moore D Go
Mats Zuccarello C+ Stay
Rick Nash C- Bye Trade
Brady Skjei B_ Keeper
Keith Yandle C- bye

Henrik Lundqvist A- Keeper
Antti Raanta C- Go

Jeff Gorton F Loser
Alain Vigneault D Can do better hopefully next year

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Dan Girardi - Expelled from class
Dylan McIlrath - B
Kevin Klein - B+
J.T. Miller - A
Eric Staal - Expelled from class
Kevin Hayes - C-
Tanner Glass - D
Derick Brassard - A
Marc Staal - D
Jesper Fast - B
Chris Kreider - B
Derek Stepan - B+
Dan Boyle - D
Oscar Lindberg - B
Viktor Stalberg - C+
Ryan McDonagh - B
Dominic Moore - C- (it was out of your control who you were paired with, so I won't ride you out)
Mats Zuccarello - A
Rick Nash - D (payroll is a prime factor in this)
Brady Skjei - B
Keith Yandle - A

Henrik Lundqvist - A
Antti Raanta - B+

Jeff Gorton - C
Alain Vigneault - C

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Dan Girardi - D
Dylan McIlrath - C
Kevin Klein - A-
J.T. Miller - B+