2015-16 Player Point Predictions

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
The last two times I've done this I've proven to be excessively optimistic... I'm just gonna spare myself the embarrassment this year lol.

I'm quite optimistic though. Hopefully Yak breaks 50, RNH 60 and McDavid into the 70s...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pouliot - You said 52 - This could be pretty accurate. For him that's a really productive season. He will benefit greatly from the 3rd point that I stated. I don't believe he can hit 60, but fifty something seems like a realistic estimate to me.

RNH - You said 62 - If RNH only scores 62 over 82 games or even 80 games this season will have been a massive failure for him. He's gotta surpass 70 points this year otherwise people will seriously question his abilities. Points #2 and #3 help him out big time. I'm expecting to see him play with a lot more energy this season because he won't be targeted as often by the opposition.

Eberle - You said 65 - I say he tops 70 because of #3. He's been on our first line ever since coming to Edmonton and things should be a bit easier for him.

Hall - You said 70 - If those 70 points are for an 82 game season, that's just flat out brutal numbers for Hall. Over 80 games Hall has to be flirting with 90. If Hall-Mcdavid-Yakupov end up getting a generous amount of offensive zone face-offs over 90 is a must over 82 games. Point #2 and #3 will help him out big time.

Yakupov - You said 45 - That would probably get Yakupov traded because that's flat out brutal for a former 1st overall pick who's played 3 years in the NHL. Points #1, #2 and #3 will help Yakpuov out and I will start to doubt him if he doesn't at least score 55 points next year. If points #1 and #2 really play into his favour 65 points is a given.

Career highs for the following....
Pouliot - 36
RNH - 56
Eberle hasn't scored 70 in 4 years
Hall - 80 (He's pretty much guaranteed to miss some games again)
Yakupov - 33

You have all these guys breaking their career highs by at least 10 points and Yakupov by more than 20 points.
I get that the expectation should be raised and McDavid alone will make a big difference, but IMO it's completely unrealistic to expect all these guys to have career years.

Actually, I think the one guy being completely overlooked is Purcell. I'm not a fan of his style of play in the least but the one thing he can do is put up points and has proven to be capable of playing well with highly skilled players. Actually has a track record of production as opposed to some of the above players. I see him at least starting the season with Hall and McDavid due to being a vet presence so I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up a 50 point season.

As for the others, I'd really like to see Nuge break the 60 point barrier and for Yak to not look completely lost and find a niche on the team finally. A 20 goal, 45 point season would be a very strong year for him.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Flirting with 90 points landed Benn the Art Ross this year.

If McDavid comes as advertised, I don't see why its not possible for Hall to get 90.

Hell, he scored better than Benn 2 years ago with centers worse than Seguin and Eakins coaching.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
If McDavid comes as advertised, I don't see why its not possible for Hall to get 90.

Hell, he scored better than Benn 2 years ago with centers worse than Seguin and Eakins coaching.

He made it sound like anything but an Art Ross out of Hall will be a major disappointment. I know that wasn't the intention, but people need to realise it's not 2005 anymore.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think that's really low.

1: new coaching staff that plays offensively minded hockey and has gotten incredible results out of young players in the past.
2: New icing rule makes it so you just need to get the puck out of your defensive zone to dump the puck, allowing speedy wingers get tons of chances to win races for breakaways.
3: It looks like on paper that this is the year that Edmonton has 2 legit scoring lines.

Pouliot - You said 52 - This could be pretty accurate. For him that's a really productive season. He will benefit greatly from the 3rd point that I stated. I don't believe he can hit 60, but fifty something seems like a realistic estimate to me.

RNH - You said 62 - If RNH only scores 62 over 82 games or even 80 games this season will have been a massive failure for him. He's gotta surpass 70 points this year otherwise people will seriously question his abilities. Points #2 and #3 help him out big time. I'm expecting to see him play with a lot more energy this season because he won't be targeted as often by the opposition.

Eberle - You said 65 - I say he tops 70 because of #3. He's been on our first line ever since coming to Edmonton and things should be a bit easier for him.

Hall - You said 70 - If those 70 points are for an 82 game season, that's just flat out brutal numbers for Hall. Over 80 games Hall has to be flirting with 90. If Hall-Mcdavid-Yakupov end up getting a generous amount of offensive zone face-offs over 90 is a must over 82 games. Point #2 and #3 will help him out big time.

Mcdavid - You said 55 - If Mcdavid only scores 55 people are going to be laughing at Edmonton for drafting a bust. 65 wouldn't be a complete failure, but it would be played as a big disappointment by the media. We should be expecting Mcdavid to eclipse at least 70 points. Points #1, #2 and #3 all help him out here.

Yakupov - You said 45 - That would probably get Yakupov traded because that's flat out brutal for a former 1st overall pick who's played 3 years in the NHL. Points #1, #2 and #3 will help Yakpuov out and I will start to doubt him if he doesn't at least score 55 points next year. If points #1 and #2 really play into his favour 65 points is a given.
talk about overrating players :laugh:

Hall can't stay healthy and has hit 70+ points ONCE in his career...consider it a win should he make it through a full season and hit 70 points

RNH at 62 points isn't unreasonable...the kid's is taking the tough minutes and probably losing some PP time to McDavid...hardly a failure

Eberle hasn't hit 70 point in 4 years...he's gold for 65 points though

and just cause Yak is a former #1 pick doesn't mean he should be scoring 50+ points..he still has a ton of maturing in his game to do

hate to break it to you, but not everyone is going to have career years to due McLellan and McDavid

count on that

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Career highs for the following....
Pouliot - 36
RNH - 56
Eberle hasn't scored 70 in 4 years
Hall - 80 (He's pretty much guaranteed to miss some games again)
Yakupov - 33

You have all these guys breaking their career highs by at least 10 points and Yakupov by more than 20 points.
I get that the expectation should be raised and McDavid alone will make a big difference, but IMO it's completely unrealistic to expect all these guys to have career years.

Interesting facts:

TB lead the league in scoring (262GF) and only had 1 30G+ player
DAL was second (260) and only had 2 players scoring over 20 Goals
NYI were 3rd and had Tavares scoring 38G and then Lee (25) and Nelson(20)

I dont think we should expect all of Hall, Eberle, McDavid and Pouliot to score 30+
and then RNH and Yak to pot 25.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Pouliot: 25 + 17 = 42
RNH: 28 + 38 = 66
Eberle: 31 + 36 = 67
Hall: 35 + 40 = 75
McDavid: 25 + 45 = 70
Yakupov: 26 + 16 = 42
Sekera: 6 + 23 = 29
Schultz: 9 + 32 = 41

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He made it sound like anything but an Art Ross out of Hall will be a major disappointment. I know that wasn't the intention, but people need to realise it's not 2005 anymore.

Even still, if pundits think Seguin is good for 80-90, I don't see why Hall can't. He's done arguably better with LESS.

At the very least, if Seguin can hit it, so can Hall IMO.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
McDavid 85 pts
Hall 72 pts
Eberle 68 pts
RNH 61 pts
Pouliot 39 pts
Purcell 39 pts
Yak 35 pts

Schultz 35 pts
Sekra 30 pts
Klefbom 27pts

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Interesting facts:

TB lead the league in scoring (262GF) and only had 1 30G+ player
DAL was second (260) and only had 2 players scoring over 20 Goals
NYI were 3rd and had Tavares scoring 38G and then Lee (25) and Nelson(20)

I dont think we should expect all of Hall, Eberle, McDavid and Pouliot to score 30+
and then RNH and Yak to pot 25.

To be fair though, on paper Edmonton's offence should be just as good as Dallas if everyone is utilized properly and performs to what they're capable of. I expect the Oilers to have a season similar to what Colorado had offensively 2 years ago. Which had 5 guys breaking 60 points (For the Oilers 4; Hall, Eberle, McDavid, Nuge with a couple of them in the 70-80 range), and then a couple guys in the 40-50 range with Yakupov, Pouliot, and several in the 30-40 range between Lander, Schultz, Sekera/Klefbom, Purcell, Drai if he plays a full season. Obviously not all those names will hit those numbers, but I expect a lot of them to.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I see the Hockey News has McDavid at 83 points, 3rd in the league behind Crosby and Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad