2015-16 Montreal English Broadcast Schedule

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I live in Vancouver but my girlfriend works for Rogers so I had the hookup for all the Habs games all year. Apparently this year will be the same. :)

But in a horrible scenerio where I didn't have her in my life, I'd have cable and the RDS pack.

I'm English speaking first and I would argue

game on mute > any of the English stations

Bartlett and randorf are okay. Romanuk, I actually enjoy listening to. That makes up the vast majority of habs broadcasts in English. Overall, not bad in my opinion

OTOH, Jason York did most of the color and I don't think be offered up a whole lot.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Bartlett and randorf are okay. Romanuk, I actually enjoy listening to. That makes up the vast majority of habs broadcasts in English. Overall, not bad in my opinion

OTOH, Jason York did most of the color and I don't think be offered up a whole lot.

I actually agree with all that despite writing what I wrote, I did find the English games more tolerable last year with most of those guys compared to the Leafs broadcast, which is what has sort of drawn me into that opinion of not enjoying it in English. But I really did miss RDS last year but couldn't argue with getting the games for free through my gf's account.

I remember when we could first get RDS out here, I think it was the 02-03 season, it was like magic all of the sudden getting every Habs game.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I actually agree with all that despite writing what I wrote, I did find the English games more tolerable last year with most of those guys compared to the Leafs broadcast, which is what has sort of drawn me into that opinion of not enjoying it in English. But I really did miss RDS last year but couldn't argue with getting the games for free through my gf's account.

I remember when we could first get RDS out here, I think it was the 02-03 season, it was like magic all of the sudden getting every Habs game.

Yeah, I didn't get on board with an rds subscription until radio Canada stopped broadcasting games. I think that would be 2005 or 2006. The only exception was in 1996/1997 season where the local cable company would broadcast CNBC on a certain channel up until 3pm or so, and then it would switch to rds automatically.... Just in time for their habs telecasts. Unfortunately, this channel slot eventually went full time to CNBC.

It's hard to imagine a time now where the only day of the week that you were guaranteed to see a habs game was Saturday night. Coverage has come a very long way.

Last edited:

JoelTD

Aug 7, 2011
I do not have cable at the moment, I was wondering if Rogers Game Center Live would allow me to watch all the Montreal Canadiens games? I live in Sudbury Ontario by the way.

anyone with game center live able to answer my question please and thank you? I would really appreciate it.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
So I just got off the phone with Telus loyalties. Didn't get as sweet a deal as some here have, but they gave me Center Ice for 209 (regular price is 219) but $10 dollars in credit on my bill a month for 6 months. So essentially paying 150 for it. Plus they significantly reduced my Cable/Internet package for 6 months and said I could call back after and might get a similar package. They said they dont have as much leeway on the specialty channels like center ice so they tried to work around it by discounting by cable/internet.

I'm in Calgary btw. Anyone else get hooked up with a deal on center ice with Shaw/Telus out west?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with Telus loyalties. Didn't get as sweet a deal as some here have, but they gave me Center Ice for 209 (regular price is 219) but $10 dollars in credit on my bill a month for 6 months. So essentially paying 150 for it. Plus they significantly reduced my Cable/Internet package for 6 months and said I could call back after and might get a similar package. They said they dont have as much leeway on the specialty channels like center ice so they tried to work around it by discounting by cable/internet.

I'm in Calgary btw. Anyone else get hooked up with a deal on center ice with Shaw/Telus out west?

Sounds like you got it for less than 150. How much did they take off your cable/internet?

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
Well I was hoping I could drop my french package but many games are on City TV Montreal and I only get City TV Toronto instead on my bell fibe. urgh! At least the games on City are mostly on before December.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Well I was hoping I could drop my french package but many games are on City TV Montreal and I only get City TV Toronto instead on my bell fibe. urgh! At least the games on City are mostly on before December.

In Montreal on Bell-Fibe with Time-Shifting(only 5 Bucks) I get Toronto and Van CityTv Stations, I'm guessing in Ottawa you would get Montreal and Van CityTv stations, I would check with Bell.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
So if I want all the games and I live in Toronto I need the French Package from Rogers?

Not quite. My understanding is that the french package would broadcast all habs games except for Saturday nights. For saturday, you need access to tva sports in french, or SN, city, CBC for English.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
Sounds like you got it for less than 150. How much did they take off your cable/internet?

I'm paying $75ish for internet 50 (the fastest) and cable with the essentials, sports theme pack + the sports top up pack. I think all this was coming to $110 ish prior to discounts.

Basically I think they dropped me down to the promo pricing they give to new customers for the first year.

Better than nothing but we still pay way too much for cable/internet in western canada.

GeoStride87

Feb 23, 2013
I'm in YYC as well (with Telus). No deal as of yet.

I know a few people who work for Shaw and that got me nothing. I think I need to know better people.

Haha i was just thinking that with regards to getting hooked up with seats for when the habs are in town.

I called telus and said i was thinking of cancelling because I only have cable to watch hockey (which is true) and due to the blackouts on RDS and TVA sports, I can't get all the games anymore without getting a package like center ice. I told them it would be cheaper for me to watch games via streams online. They transferred me over to loyalties and we went from there.

IglooBoy

CH fan in Flamesland
May 14, 2009
Calgary via Montreal
Haha i was just thinking that with regards to getting hooked up with seats for when the habs are in town.

I called telus and said i was thinking of cancelling because I only have cable to watch hockey (which is true) and due to the blackouts on RDS and TVA sports, I can't get all the games anymore without getting a package like center ice. I told them it would be cheaper for me to watch games via streams online. They transferred me over to loyalties and we went from there.

Interesting....

Seems I have a phone call to make.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I'm paying $75ish for internet 50 (the fastest) and cable with the essentials, sports theme pack + the sports top up pack. I think all this was coming to $110 ish prior to discounts.

Basically I think they dropped me down to the promo pricing they give to new customers for the first year.

Better than nothing but we still pay way too much for cable/internet in western canada.

I really don't understand why they don't offer french centre ice. They already broadcast the french centre ice channels... It's just a matter of following through with the package.

BTW, do not hesitate calling back after 6 months and renewing your 10 dollar discounts. Actually, if you pestered them a little further, you probably could have gotten the 10 dollar discounts for the entire year, rather than waiting six months to do it. They are capable of doing that in the loyalty dept, even though they try to make you settle with 6 months at first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad