2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ugh, can't even lead the team in goals properly. Can't believe I support Schenn as much as I do.

Yeah, you're loyal to a fault. But I'm sure he appreciates your unwavering support, both with this career and any future careers you might help him find.

Your infatuation with Schenn kinda reminds me of Boxcars love of Manning.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, you're loyal to a fault. But I'm sure he appreciates your unwavering support, both with this career and any future careers you might help him find.

Your infatuation with Schenn kinda reminds me of Boxcars love of Manning.

I only want what is best for him. Like hippo-baiting.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I posted this in the trade forum, and people were into it.

:cbj
Ryan Johansen

:flyers
BSchenn, Simmonds, Sanheim/Morin, pick

Would leave us with a young roster, but with a bright future and strong down the middle.

xxxx - Giroux - Voracek
Laughton - Johansen - Konecny
Leier - Couturier - Read

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim/Morin - Gudas
MDZ - Schultz

xxxx = Matthews/Laine/Puljujärvi/Tkachuk/Jones/Nylander/whoever we draft

New forum rule. Anyone who puts Sanheim in a trade proposal... you go the box by yourself, 2 minutes, you feel shame, then you get free.

FlyLife

Nuthin but a G Thang
May 23, 2008
Livin the High Life
New forum rule. Anyone who puts Sanheim in a trade proposal... you go the box by yourself, 2 minutes, you feel shame, then you get free.

To be fair, the CBJ guy picked Morin haha

But it is Ryan freaking Johansen. Legit #1 center with size at age 23. I'd give up a ton. It does suck they are within the division, which probably means it won't happen.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'd do that trade for sure
I think adding a legit 2C would do wonders for this team & the future
1C#28->2C Johansen->3C#14 would be wonderful

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I wonder what we'd have to add to remove the D prospects... I assume a 1st round pick.

I could part with Schenn and Simmonds but I really hate the idea of losing one of our big 4 D prospects.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Having Johansen would be amazing for our center depth, but our wings would be even worse off than they are now which is saying a lot. Having Read and Raffl as our most experienced and likely best wingers after Voracek would be terrible. Koneckny looks great but is still unproven and would be asking a lot of him. I forgot about Laughton, so I guess he could move to wing but that is still an unknown. A lot more holes to fill after that trade, but it would still be tempting

Edit: forgot that I am against trading any of our 4 d prospects unless it is for a very young number 1 defenseman which isn't happening

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
This trade would make no sense for the Jackets. There are not many true top line centers in the league. I doubt Columbus would trade their franchise center without getting one back.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Wtf are you even talking about? Brayden Schenn has been working fine. Stop trying to trade him. **** makes 0 ****ing sense.
For every goal that he scores, he is responsible for one for more going in. Watch his game when he doesn't have the puck. He usually is behind the action of the play. This is what Hakstol brought up ten days ago when he benched him.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ

Seconded. Trying to usher in an era of patient team building here....

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I know this will make me sound like a dick but I truly don't mean to, I'm legitimately curious...

What's the point in going on the trade board and asking other fans for hypothetical trades and then listening to their feedback?

Obviously even if both sides come to an agreement nothing will come of it and, as we all know, the real return for trades is very rarely what people on that board expected. I understand discussing rumors that come from trusted media sources and then taking educated guesses at what the trade might end up being, but just proposing Read to Edmonton seems like a waste of time to me.

Unless of course you're just doing it for entertainment out of boredom?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I try to avoid the trade board. Makes my head hurt.

Same. I just think 99% of the time it becomes arguments over value and no realistic offers come out of it. Most fans overrate their own players and that alone makes any kind of productive discussion nearly impossible.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I know this will make me sound like a dick but I truly don't mean to, I'm legitimately curious...

What's the point in going on the trade board and asking other fans for hypothetical trades and then listening to their feedback?

Obviously even if both sides come to an agreement nothing will come of it and, as we all know, the real return for trades is very rarely what people on that board expected. I understand discussing rumors that come from trusted media sources and then taking educated guesses at what the trade might end up being, but just proposing Read to Edmonton seems like a waste of time to me.

To get up to date info on actual trades. And make fun of Leaf fans, of course.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Brayden, Luke, Vinny (some retained)

for

Ryan, Puempel, Greening, 2016 1st?

If Vinny will ever be effective again, it'll be in a highly offensive system like the one Ottawa seems to play. If they want a more...helpful cap dump, I have no problem moving Umberger, MacDonald, Streit, or Schultz either

disclaimer: I have no idea how Bobby Ryan is regarded in Ottawa at this point in time...but it lands us 3 LWs, although I doubt Greening will ever be an NHL regular and who knows if Puempel is going to be an NHL regular

Ryan has declined sharply.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

If you ignore the nutters, you can get a sense of what other teams needs are and what their players might be worth. And you sometimes see actual trades predicted.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1918837

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Some take the trade board too seriously and that's when its insufferable. It's probably the easiest play to troll and crap on other teams players and posters for their opinions. It's not a very enjoyable place to go except near the trade deadline and free agency for actual information. Any "Proposals" are for fantasy purposes.

And usually anything involving Flyers trades makes my blood boil.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Some people on the main forum's seriously want Getzlaf suspended for saying this. :laugh:
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf turned a bad situation worse after Anaheim lost to the Arizona Coyotes 4-2 on Wednesday at Gila River Arena.

Getzlaf was talking about his team’s lack of energy throughout the lineup when a reporter noted that there was no real atmosphere in the arena to help the Ducks’ energy level at the onset.

“Yeah. It’s hard when you come into a building and it’s dead,†Getzlaf said.

“Nothing against the fans. It’s hard to fill a big building like this and have people in it to build your energy so you have to do it yourself. You have to be ready when you step out on the ice and I thought we came out flat.â€
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-...-poorly-in-describing-gila-river-arena-crowd/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad