Euro Hockey Tour: 2015-16 Euro Hockey Tour

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedens victory over Czech yesterday means that Sweden is the winner of this years euro hockey tour. Sweden also won euro hockey tour last year.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
Swedens victory over Czech yesterday means that Sweden is the winner of this years euro hockey tour. Sweden also won euro hockey tour last year.

Yeah, however i would say the EHT is not a tournament most teams take seriously. The czechs often looks like they couldnt care less.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, however i would say the EHT is not a tournament most teams take seriously. The czechs often looks like they couldnt care less.

Players playing in EHT take this seriously. Take a look at some of the rosters Russia have had....pure class.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Players playing in EHT take this seriously. Take a look at some of the rosters Russia have had....pure class.

Players and federations definitely take this seriously since it's all preparation for the Worlds. Palyers not considered automatic locks or new comers to the senior level internatioan stage have to prove their worthy of a selection to the final team. Just from a Finnish viewpoint, there's been numerous players one would have assumed as automatic locks for the Worlds based on their performances in SM-Liiga or other European leagues but they couldn't produce anything even in EHT tournaments.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Win of EHT means absolutely nothing. It's training. Btw Finland has all time most EHT "golds".

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
How unexpected that a finn shares this useful info.

:laugh: You can't be serious. I remember Swedes starting topic "Importance of WHC" and putting it completely down, when Finland won Championship in 2011, Sweden losing the final. It is always you, who act like this, and then it is funny when some one bites back, first thing to do is to whine instead of taking the hit. The truth is, EHT is not much of an achievement. Why wouldn't I tell it because Swedes would come to tell that 100 times out of 100 if some Finnish poster cheered with EHT gold.

Last edited:

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
:laugh: You can't be serious. I remember Swedes starting topic "Importance of WHC" and putting it completely down, when Finland won Championship in 2011, Sweden losing the final. It is always you, who act like this, and then it is funny when some one bites back, first thing to do is to whine instead of taking the hit. The truth is, EHT is not much of an achievement. Why wouldn't I tell it because Swedes would come to tell that 100 times out of 100 if some Finnish poster cheered with EHT gold.

And still you have to brag about Finland having won most EHT "golds" :laugh:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

The WCH is very important for us.

We reached semifinals 10 years in row even though our rosters often are filled with majority of players from Europe, until russia stopped us last year.

And EHT is worse level but its still good hockey, best players from Europe playing while WCH is a remix with Euro/NHL/AHL players.

The WCH and EHT is showing how deep some nations are...how good is the b-c-d team versus other nations b-c-d team.

Last edited:

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
Czech Republic 7 - 1 Sweden. When was the last time Team Sweden lost like that?

28 years against former Czechoslovakia they lost 1-10. I wouldnt be too worried tho, this wednesday it was the other way around.

WCH will be as it always has been. Team Swe will be lords of Round Robin as always, cruise through with not a single loss, an OT win at most if any bump on the road, and then check out early in quarters/semis. The same thing. Every. God. Damn. Year. :popcorn:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
28 years against former Czechoslovakia they lost 1-10. I wouldnt be too worried tho, this wednesday it was the other way around.

WCH will be as it always has been. Team Swe will be lords of Round Robin as always, cruise through with not a single loss, an OT win at most, and then check out early in quarters/semis. The same thing. Every. God. Damn. Year. :popcorn:

What? We almost never lose in quarters in WCH. Its the semifinal and finals that are the problem. The bronze-match our players dont care about.

Kan du skånska btw?

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
What? We almost never lose in quarters in WCH. Its the semifinal and finals that are the problem. The bronze-match our players dont care about.

Kan du skånska btw?

Sorry I meant semis, not quarters. You're absolutely right about that. Very few (if any) countries in hockey with a record like Sweden's in semis. No they often not bother to show up, which is a pity cause bronze is a medel too imo.

Sadly no, I'm not inföding :laugh:

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
That was an amazing dying swan impression by Alex Semin just now. And yes, I know he actually got hit in the face with a stick, but still.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Russia is pretty bad on it if they can`t beat this Fin B- team...

It ain't lookin' good, though Russia did have a few very good chances to tie it, including several posts. The boys have one week, they need to get their stuff together. With that kind of defense and undisciplined play, they might not make it past the quarters. I hope the boys focus and get things together.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Unfortunately since the decline of czech hockey, we care a lot. These unbalanced results came with lower quality level. Seriously one day I was afraid that Switzerland replaces us in EHT....We still testing players but others do the same....

Its not the tournament according to which you can evaluate ranking but still very important for players development and WHC preparation. Definetely higher level than domestic leagues imo....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad