2015-16 Central Division Thoughts / Discussion

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We said before the season that the playoff spots would be decided by games within the division and mow here we are with a record of 5-13-1 against division rivals. And 3 of those wins are against the Mild.
Don't sell us short......we have 6. Of course yeah, 3 are against the Wild and 2 against the totally impressive Jets. So yeah, we're world beaters.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
The team epitomizes frustration for me. As a whole, they are not that bad, they really aren't from an objective statistical standpoint (look at my chart on the prior page and the color commentary). Then you see crap like that PHI game and you want to punt a puppy out the window. Someone needs to send Rinne to a hypnotist / witch doctor / etc.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Bad news for the Wild, good news for us:

Brodin out for 3-6 weeks with a broken foot.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I always enjoy reflecting on predictions after the fact. Watching the STL rout of DAL with a buddy, we were discussing DAL's tender issues and it made me think of this thread. Overall did reasonably well outside of CHI (perhaps twas more wishful thinking than reality), but I feel largely the same about DAL today that I did before the season pretty much.

Cashville said:
I have been bullish on this team for ~3 years now; every single year I am wrong. I will likely be wrong again this year. Last year they started slow, had atrocious goaltending (like come on Kari), and couldn't get back to par before the music stopped. Signing Niemi is kind of crazy because they now have amongst the highest goal cap hits in the league, but also kind of smart as it gives them a legitimate option should Lehtonen fall apart (unfortunately Lindback was not able to fill that role last year). If DAL gets #2 in the Central in 2015-2016, it will be because they have the highest GF/G in the league; their defense is still highly suspect even with the Klingberg coming out party. Can they push an obscene scoring rate over a season? We'll see, but the tools are definitely there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad