2015-16 Canucks Injury Thread

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Currently Injured:

Jannik Hansen - Injured sometime - body injury - he'll be back when he gets back cuz Honey Badger don't care.
Alex Edler - Injured Feb 9th - Fractured Fibula - 6 weeks. - out for season
Brandon Sutter - Injured Feb. 9th - Broken Jaw - 6-8 weeks.

Returned to lineup:

Radim Vrbata - Injured Feb. 21st - Lower body injury - DTD
Henrik Sedin - Injured March 5th - unknown - unknown
Derek Dorsett - Injured Feb 21st - Unknown - DTD
Matt Bartkowski - Injured Feb. 21st - arm/upper body injury - DTD
Dan Hamhuis - Injured on Dec. 9th with broken jaw - 2 months+
Henrik Sedin - Injured on Jan. 17th with Upper Body Injury - unknown/DTD - after the allstar break.
Brandon Sutter - Injured Nov. 12th with abdominal strain - DTD; update: Had surgery for sports hernia Dec. 1st, return mid-January
Jannik Hansen - Injured on Jan. 6th with sore back/hip? - unknown - placed on IR
Lucas Sbisa - Injured on Dec. 1st with a hand injury - 4 weeks (ETA Dec. 26th) - updated: Traveling with team on road trip - return is imminent.
Ryan Miller - Injured on Dec. 20th with "cramps". - DTD
Sven Baertchi - Injured on Dec. 28th with "stiff neck" - "DTD"
Chris Tanev - Injured on Dec. 22nd with unknown - DTD
Alex Burrows - Injured on Dec. 22nd with stiff neck - DTD
Chris Higgins - Injured on Dec. 20th with unknown - DTD
Chris Higgins - Injured on Nov. 30th with general body soreness - DTD
Ben Hutton - Injured Nov. 18th with a lower body injury - "a couple weeks"; update: returned to practice Dec. 1st
Chris Tanev - Injured on Nov. 30th with a hand injury - DTD
Jake Virtanen - Injured on Dec. 1st with a hip pointer - DTD; update: Week to week, will be out "a while"
Henrik Sedin - Injured on Dec. 17th with unknown LBI.

Last edited:

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

This doesn't mean Virtanen is "gifted" a spot. Gaunce is probably still very much in the picture.

I thought Gaunce was a Centre. I guess this will hopefully put a fire under the butts of some of the fringe players to do their best in preseaon games knowing there is an extra roster spot open.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Oh boy already time to dust this guy off eh? Bmac had a slip of the tongue today on air saying that Horvat was out three weeks instead of Higgins before being corrected. In that brief moment I thought the world was over as we know it.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Markstrom will be re-evaluated a few weeks from now according to Benning. Hamstring. One of the worst injuries for a goaltender.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So we're relying on a 35-year old goalie and only one injury to him away from having Richard Bachman as our starting goaltender......tell me again trading Eddie Lack was the best strategy for the franchise.:help:

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
So we're relying on a 35-year old goalie and only one injury to him away from having Richard Bachman as our starting goaltender......tell me again trading Eddie Lack was the best strategy for the franchise.:help:

I was waiting for this....:P Took you a bit.

If eddie was here we would be one injury away from Richard Bachman as well....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I was waiting for this....:P Took you a bit.

If eddie was here we would be one injury away from Richard Bachman as well....

Yep....but we'd have had an extra $6m a year in cap room to sign a veteran goalie and stash him in the minors:handclap:

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Any update on Higgins? I thought there was a possibility he would be back this month some time when he first got injured.

Heard an interview with him today and he said he's basically fine just has to wait until the 30th because he was put in long term IRL

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Wait, I thought we didn't put Higgins on LTIR which is part of the reason Corrado was sent down (yeah, yeah he needed more AHL seasoning as well).

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
If I had to guess it looked like a high ankle sprain. Hopefully it's not that bad.

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
If I had to guess it looked like a high ankle sprain. Hopefully it's not that bad.

If it didn't pop, it is a minor sprain and he should be back quickly. The fact that he could not only skate off on his own, but also walk down the tunnel on his own is a strong indicator that he will be fine in a short amount of time too. I'm not a doctor, but I have a long history of rolling my ankles and I know the difference between life long pain and a minor discomfort, as I've rolled my ankle both ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad