Prospect Info: 2015-16 Calgary Flames Prospect Stats & Discussion Thread (CHL, NCAA & Europe)

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The thing you don't mention is that all the NHLers were playing over in Europe. Of course it allowed for good development then but the idea today the Swiss league is even close to the other Euro leagues is almost laughable.

There is no doubt Matthews was the best skater in the Swiss league but the defensive capabilities of any team is suspect.

D-men in the A league: David Runblad, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Tim Ramholt, Alex Picard, Keaton Ellerby, and Erik Gustafsson to name of a few that people may know.

The more I read about and watch the more one dimensional Matthews appears. I like Jankowski's potential more than Matthews at this point.

That said I will let time tell the story.

My point was more that you use stats to excess to form your thoughts. I choose to watch read and develop an opinion. Stats are a good tool but the intangibles teams need can't be found in any stat.

You know all those defensemen you listed were in the NHL at some point and are infinitely better defensively than the average CHL defenseman will ever be right?

As for the bolded...I'm going to assume you are predicting Matthews doing poorly more than Jankowski being on a level above what I assume every professional scout on the planet has no lower than 5th overall in the upcoming draft. Interesting.

I'm going to make a request that you do not share that opinion anywhere outside of the Flames forum because it will start a ********* of even bigger potential than the "Flames are overachieving" mantra from last season and it will inevitably be something "Flames fans" are known for saying.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Somehow Feaster were able to pass whatever he was drinking when he drafted Janko to some Flames fans.

Whatever in it is definitely strong. :laugh:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
As a self-professed Jankowski fan who has zero shame in drinking that so-called Feaster Kool-Aid, who thinks he will be a top-two-line center in his prime,

The more I read about and watch the more one dimensional Matthews appears. I like Jankowski's potential more than Matthews at this point.

kratos_aurion_by_yohuchiha.jpg

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
This is good news, hopefully fully recovered and ready to continue his impressive season.

Darren Haynes @DarrenWHaynes #Flames Asst GM Brad Pascall said Monday Oliver Kylington (concussion) should be back in the Heat lineup this weekend. He's missed 5+ weeks.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You have never watched Matthews.
No ****, if anything I keep hearing about his two-way game is better than most top prospects :laugh:. The comparison I've heard (I believe it was from Crawford) was Tavares but better defensively

L13

Oct 1, 2015

But the real question is, would you pick Matthews over Gaudreau?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Updated, Pollock added.

2015-16 PROSPECTS STATISTICS
flaming-lego-c_zpsd0f3ee76.jpg

GOALTENDERS
Player Name | Elite Prospects | HockeyDB | League | Amateur Club(s) | Games | Record | GAA | SV% | SO
McDonald, Mason | Link | Link | QMJHL | Charlottetown Islanders | 37 | 19 - 15 - 3 | 3.40 | 0.900 | 3
Schneider, Nick | Link | Link | WHL | Medicine Hat Tigers | 48 | 20 - 25 - 1 | 3.58 | 0.897 | 2

DEFENSEMEN
Player Name | Elite Prospects | HockeyDB | League | Amateur Club(s) | Games | Goals | Assists | Points | PIM | +/-
Andersson, Rasmus | Link | Link | OHL | Barrie Colts | 62 | 9 | 51 | 60 | 60 | 32
Bruce, Riley | Link | Link | OHL | North Bay Battalion | 52 | 1 | 10 | 11 | 52 | -2
Gilmour, John | Link | Link | NCAA-HE | Providence Friars | 32 | 9 | 14 | 23 | 16 | 2
Hickey, Brandon | Link | Link | NCAA-HE | Boston University Terriers | 35 | 5 | 3 | 8 | 26 | 2
Kanzig, Keegan | Link | Link | WHL | Calgary Hitmen | 50 | 12 | 7 | 19 | 70 | 14
Ollas-Mattson, Adam | Link | Link | SHL | Djurgardens IF | 22 | 1 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 3
Rafikov, Rushan | Link | Link | KHL | Lokomotiv Yaroslavl | 16 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 0
- | - | - | VHL | HK Ryazan | 4 | 0 | 1 | 1 | 0 | -1
- | - | - | MHL | Loko Yaroslavl | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0
- | - | - | KHL | Admiral Vladivostok | 17 | 0 | 2 | 2 | 6 | -5

FORWARDS
Player Name | Elite Prospects | HockeyDB | League | Amateur Club(s) | Games | Goals | Assists | Points | PIM | +/-
DeBlouw, Matt | Link | Link | NCAA-BIG10 | Michigan State Spartans | 27 | 8 | 7 | 15 | 24 | -2
Harrison, Tim | Link | Link | NCAA-ECAC | Colgate Raiders | 36 | 8 | 9 | 17 | 28 | -9
Jankowski, Mark | Link | Link | NCAA-HE | Providence Friars | 36 | 15 | 25 | 40 | 28 | 26
Karnaukhov, Pavel | Link | Link | WHL | Calgary Hitmen | 49 | 12 | 19 | 31 | 52 | -8
Mangiapane, Andrew | Link | Link | OHL | Barrie Colts | 57 | 50 | 51 | 101 | 50 | 37
Pollock, Brett | Link | Link | WHL | Edmonton Oil Kings | 69 | 28 | 47 | 75 | 72 | 22

For information on our professional prospects please visit the Stockton Heat thread.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Updated, Pollock added.

Really happy with that Russel trade, Pollock looks to be a prototypical 3rd line power forward with some upside (maybe). Add in Kevin and a potential 1st and wow did we make out like bandits!

We needed to get bigger, we got two big guys and may be able to pick another larger prospect come June.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Matt Deblouw on BTN right now, just scored to tie the game at 2 half way through the 2nd.

Just going on a 5 min PP, Deblouw playing 1st line PP....but on the point? Looks like he's got a heavy shot.

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
Pollock 2 goals last night, looking forward to getting this kid into the AHL. The Oil Kings have been dreadful this year so interested to see what this kid can do being surrounded by better players.

L13

Oct 1, 2015
It's the last day of the OHL regular season and what could have been a game involving three Flames propsects, Barrie-North Bay, is a game involving zero Flames prospects because Mangiapane, Andersson and Bruce are all scratched, presumably in preparation for the playoffs.

I understand this is a logical move and I'm sure all three guys need/deserve the rest, but I'm kinda disappointed Mangiapane won't get the chance to tie or break the Colts' single-season goalscoring record (he needed two goals to tie it and a hat-trick to break it) or finish the season as the OHL's best goalscorer (he needed one goal to tie Dvorak and two to take sole possession of the lead).

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
It's disappointing but I'm sure he's ok with it, rest up and get ready for a hopeful long playoff run. He's had a great season,save for the 8 gme suspension, he should be proud of himself for what he's accomplished being an undrafted walk on. Now finish up the playoffs and look to take the next step in his development. Looking forward to seeing how he adjusts to a pro game.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I've been looking but having a hard time finding anything definitive. Is Andersson eligible for AHL next year or would be need to go back to OHL?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've been looking but having a hard time finding anything definitive. Is Andersson eligible for AHL next year or would be need to go back to OHL?
He's a 1996 birthday so he will be 20 by CHL standards, but 19 by NHL standards. He will be AHL eligible as a result and if he plays 9 or fewer NHL games his contract will slide like Poirier's did last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad