2015-16 Calder Poll: McDavid the top NHL rookie for October

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
connor_mcdavid_edmonton_103115.jpg
Photo: Edmonton Oilers rookie forward Connor McDavid has been everything that the team hoped he would be when they chose him first overall in 2015, but McDavid will be on the shelf for an extended time due to an injury (courtesy of Andy Devlin/NHLI via Getty Images)

</p> The 2015 NHL Draft is having an immediate impact on the Calder Trophy race according to the Hockey’s Future staff. In our initial staff poll, the top two players taken in Florida this past June occupy the first and third spots respectively.

Edmonton Oilers center Connor McDavid, the first player taken in the 2015 draft, occupies the top slot while Buffalo Sabres center Jack Eichel is currently in third.… read more

The post 2015-16 Calder Poll: McDavid the top NHL rookie for October appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

Gambl0r83*

The McDavid hype in the collectors business is insanity

I bought one box of 24 packs at Wayne's Sports of the Upper Deck Series One Hockey cards. Found a Young Guns McDavid rookie card. Chances are 1 in 9 boxes.

The card alone can buy me two more whole boxes, according to what ebay is selling the card at ($300 per).
I've never seen a card worth so much straight out of the gate.

Every shop in Edmonton is sold out of boxes/packs. Every. Single. Shop. It is freakin' insane.
I've been collecting cards consistently for almost 20 yrs, never anything like this year.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

I bought one box of 24 packs at Wayne's Sports of the Upper Deck Series One Hockey cards. Found a Young Guns McDavid rookie card. Chances are 1 in 9 boxes.

The card alone can buy me two more whole boxes, according to what ebay is selling the card at ($300 per).

Every shop in Edmonton is sold out of boxes/packs. Every. Single. Shop. It is freakin' insane.
I've been collecting cards consistently for almost 20 yrs, never anything like this year.

Something similar didn't happen with Crosby??

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

Big marketing racket.

The Joker*

You paid $150 for a box of cards?

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I wonder when Austin Matthews dons his Oiler silks next year if the injury jinx will continue?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad