Speculation: 2015-16 7th Player Winner

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Can a player win this award if we go into the season expecting him to? Isn't he then just meeting our expectations???

That was kind of my thoughts, too.

I think the award has turned more into a popularity contest.

It should be 7th Player (Who is your favorite player on the team that played well this season award)

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Connolly and Hayes seem like the logical choices. I don't know if defensemen are considered for the award, if so my darkhorse vote goes to Morrow.

Why wouldn't defensemen by considered? It's not called the 5th player award. ;)

I agree with you though and think that Connolly will win it. If nobody really deserves it, Hayes has a chance being from Boston and all.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Out of these options I'd say Connolly. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised how good he is once he's given a role he can thrive in. He was forced onto the 4th line in Tampa and didn't get much of an opportunity. In all likelihood he'll be given a shot in the top-6 and he'll probably be Krejci's shooter... Heck, even Seth Griffith can almost score 10 with just that. :laugh: I bet he could score 25 this year while being a good power forward. He's healthy for the summer and is on a "prove it" contract. I think he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad