Post-Game Talk: 2015/12/21: Hat Trick Toronto 7 Colorado 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
MAPLE LEAFS (11-13-7) at AVALANCHE (17-16-1) http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020505

TV: ALT, SNO

Season series: The Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Colorado Avalanche 5-1 at home on Nov. 17. Tyler Bozak had a goal and two assists for the Maple Leafs, and P.A. Parenteau scored twice, including the game-winning goal against his old team. Defenseman Erik Johnson scored the lone goal for Colorado.

The Avalanche have won five in a row since Berra's last appearance.
Toronto has won three of its past five games and has points in each of its past five games (3-0-2), including a 5-0 win at home against the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday.

Hey Cor, where are you?

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If we win this one, I may need to make the next GDT.

Can't be winning too many games now

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Toronto Maple Leafs at Colorado Avalanche: Monday game preview

Goalie Semyon Varlamov heating up as Avalanche prepare to host Leafs.

By: Mark Zwolinski Sports reporter, Published on Sun Dec 20 2015

Toronto Maple Leafs

at Colorado Avalanche

Pepsi Center, Denver

Puck drop: 9 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

Radio: TSN Radio 1050

Key matchup: Semyon Varlamov vs. Leo Komarov.

Varlamov has won his last six games in succession, and has been a huge reason why the Avalanche are on a roll, with five straight wins. Varlamov started the season inconsistently and was supplanted as the team’s No. 1 goalie by Reto Berra for a bit. But Varlamov is back to his old self, and looking more and more like the goalie who was a second team all-star and Vezina finalist two years ago. Komarov, the Leafs’ top goal scorer, and his teammates face a solid challenge.

Need to know: The Avalanche beat Edmonton 5-1 Saturday to improve to 17-16-1, giving them more wins than regulation losses for the first time this season. They entered Sunday three games out of a playoff spot . . . Jarome Iginla scored his 598th goal against the Oilers to end a nine-game pointless streak. Iginla is trying to become the 19th NHLer to reach 600 goals . . . Former Leaf Francois Beauchemin scored a pair of goals in a win over the Islanders last week, and is playing some of his best hockey in several years. Beauchemin is also averaging over 24 minutes of ice time, the most he's logged since 25 minutes for Anaheim in 2011-12.

Up next: Tuesday, at Arizona, 9 p.m.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
It's strange...this season I'm not even concerned with who we face anymore. I believe the Leafs can beat ANYONE with Babcock behind our boys.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
It's strange...this season I'm not even concerned with who we face anymore. I believe the Leafs can beat ANYONE with Babcock behind our boys.

We surely have a chance to night again. With Jonathan Bernier and our babcock system / squad.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Woah, this game comes out of nowhere for me. I was convinced the next game was Tuesday. My work has been ****ing me out of every Leafs game the past week and a bit, But I got a few days off and looked forward to the Tuesday game. Totally missed this one somehow so this is a bonus!

Hope we get a good one tonight!!!! Go Leafs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
What a great season.

Leafs are bottom feeders and people are happy.

Best of both worlds.

It's honestly going quite perfectly. I mean all of it! Marner is ripping up the OHL, Nylander is killing the AHL, Leafs are playing for Babcock the way he wants, yet there we are just not quite good enough to NOT get a high draft pick to really help the long-term, patient and persistent rebuild :yo:

What are the chances though of an opposite of the 18-Wheeler happening after Christmas? Like the Leafs go on some insane win streak and **** it all up in opposite fashion??? LOL (Please no!)

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Looking forward to this game. I'm moving to Denver soon so my #1 team and my #2 team are going head to head. :)

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is going to be a real struggle for the Leafs especially on the offensive side as Colorado is on a roll for a while now

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Question: If you order a "Shwarma" for lunch.. and then it sits on the table for awhile, because you suddenly got too busy to eat it..., does it become a "Shcolda"...?

Sorry... Didn't mean to digress... and get all philosophical there.. :laugh:

Hoping for another win, tonight...!

If Bernier is REALLY serious about playing with the Leafs.., than I think he should give us three shut-outs in a row now, like he just did with the Marlies... :sarcasm: :D

Av's Were Iced: Leafs vs Avalanche Match-Up/Montage - TML

GO LEAFS GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Here are tonight's projected lineups for the Maple Leafs and Avalanche:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards
40 Grabner - 43 Kadri - 47 Komarov
21 van Riemsdyk - 42 Bozak - 15 Parenteau
26 Winnik - 24 Holland - 19 Lupul
23 Matthias - 56 Froese - 28 Boyes

Defence