Post-Game Talk: 2015-10-10 - Edmonton at SMASHVILLE (GOLD HELMET NIGHT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Since the Preds have become the it team in town and the fashionable event to be seen at everyone shows up late as **** now. The 4 people in front of us only just arrived with 3 minutes left in the 2nd period. Ridiculous.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Nice to see Smith took the money from his new contract and went out and bought a case of Turd Poilsh.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

In case you haven't figured out, that's a long running gag.... several of us(OK mainly me and byrddog..) have been Smith doubters/critics and at one point the "you can't polish a turd" epithet was thrown out and it has kinda stuck, even though his play continues to improve..

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
In case you haven't figured out, that's a long running gag.... several of us(OK mainly me and byrddog..) have been Smith doubters/critics and at one point the "you can't polish a turd" epithet was thrown out and it has kinda stuck, even though his play continues to improve..

Thanks for the insider, and nope, had no clue on the history, but couldn't help the quick giggle - polished turd is a fascinatingly funny concept. Really. I mean put that visual into your eyes and see what "pops" out ;)

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke

On the other hand, I was on the bandwagon early-- too early-- and called for him to be our breakout player of the year in his abysmal strike shortened sophomore season. I felt like I personally jinxed him and have tried to stay quiet on him ever since. Expect no praise this year.

Good to be back at the stone again. No legroom but seats are better.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Missed the game! How did we look? Did we look consistently strong?

Our Pk looked great, pp not so much. Smith and Wilson played great together and had a great play which ended up Smith's goal thanks to a smart strong play by Fisher. Rinne looked good, and our defense did a solid, if unspectacular job, though the Jones-Jackman line stood out I though. Arvridsson didn't have as good of a game as he did last time, needs to get better defensively.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Our Pk looked great, pp not so much. Smith and Wilson played great together and had a great play which ended up Smith's goal thanks to a smart strong play by Fisher. Rinne looked good, and our defense did a solid, if unspectacular job, though the Jones-Jackman line stood out I though. Arvridsson didn't have as good of a game as he did last time, needs to get better defensively.

Arvidsson keeps getting out muscled. I'm betting by game 10 he's in Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad