WJC: 2015 — Russia Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
On to next year. On paper we'll be not as good....especially on D/G. If it was today maybe something like:

Svechnikov - Kamenev - Pilipenko
Dergachyov - Kraskovsky - Korshkov
Korostelev - Vovchenko - Guryanov
Lazarev - Trenin - Nikolishin

Provorov - Nazarkin
Sharipzyanov - Dervuk
Sergeyev - Mikulovich
Khalikov - Sleptsov

Tretiak
Korobov

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
On to next year. On paper we'll be not as good....especially on D/G. If it was today maybe something like:

Provorov - Nazarkin
Sharipzyanov - Dervuk
Sergeyev - Mikulovich
Khalikov - Sleptsov

Tretiak
Korobov

That's alot of CHL players, seems atypical for Russia, Nekolenko no longer an option?

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
That's alot of CHL players, seems atypical for Russia, Nekolenko no longer an option?

It's not so atypical if the CHLers are good enough for the team. But yeah, unlike past years, a lot of top 96/97 are in CHL. The D-core will be hurting without some of those CHLers. We'll see what Bragin (or whoever) does.

Nekolenko has talent, but needs an injury free season to finally prove himself worthy imo.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006

I'm almost sure that will not be so much CHLers. Doubt about Korostelev, Trenin. Though I like these guys.
Rather we wil see some more guys from KHL. Kaprizov, Afonasievskiy, Kuzmenko, Svetlakov maybe.
Also I'm not a big fan of Nikolishin, i believe Fazleev can be better option within a year.
Letunov can make the team. But unfortunately he is not as well known in Russia.
Pilipenko is not a lock for me. He's not that good and little bit overhyped because of his stats. But he can make the team, yes.
There will be surprises, as usual :).

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

vovchenko, nikolishin are too small, and not that good to begin with.
i'd prefer something like this:

Dergachyov - Kraskovskiy - Korshkov
Guryanov - Letunov- Korostelev
Kaprizov - Fazleef - Lazarev

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
vovchenko, nikolishin are too small, and not that good to begin with.

Agreed, was surprised to see Zine include them. Numerous players are already ahead of them in the pecking order.

Anyway, I am still waiting for a few more players to emerge in the next year, they generally do.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010

If Russia-based players are about as good, they will take precedence over the CHL players. CHL players will make the team only if they are clearly better than Russian players. In other words, a draw goes to the Russian based player.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
My point is stuff happens with all teams. It's a tough, violent sport. Add teenage hormones and immaturity into the mix and even more stuff happens.

Hey, there are some ppl not fond of Corey Perry's bahviour. But there are only some. The majority me included would consider him a great player. Yes, with a nasty side sometimes. I found him over the line ealier, but I think he got just composed enough after that fight with Datsyuk:). Nothing wrong with a bit of emotion in the game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Reminds me of russian joke :) :

- How much watch?
- Six watch!
- Such much?
- For whom how.
- MGIMO finished?
- Ask!

MGIMO = Moscow State Institute of Foreign Relations

Well, I have to say MGIMO guys speak decent English to say the least. The joke woul mostly appy to basic russian schools students.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad