WJC: 2015 — Czech Republic Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
I am not entirely convinced that failure of Czech team is just blame the coach, but after I read his reaction after the game, i know that this man is beyond reality. According to him, Slovak team had two chances and scored two goals.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I am not entirely convinced that failure of Czech team is just blame the coach, but after I read his reaction after the game, i know that this man is beyond reality. According to him, Slovak team had two chances and scored two goals.

Noticed that as well. Guess he missed the one which had to go to video review and all the other chances which their goalie saved, not to mention the whole thing about his team being outshot and outplayed despite having 5 powerplay opportunities vs just 1 for the Slovaks.

Ridiculous.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Noticed that as well. Guess he missed the one which had to go to video review and all the other chances which their goalie saved, not to mention the whole thing about his team being outshot and outplayed despite having 5 powerplay opportunities vs just 1 for the Slovaks.

Ridiculous.

I really wouldn´t say that we outplayed the Czechs, but whatever, Prerost is an idiot.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I absolutely would.

They didn't outplay the Finns and still won, sure, but they were the better team in the quarterfinals.

I think you must have watched another game, sorry. Czechs really had a lot of 100% scoring chances. We also had some, but not so many of them.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Very sad. So both Zacha and Karabacek slept in, but he only sent Karabacek home....

Prerost emails that he wants Zacha for camp, then emails the next day saying he's not interested. :laugh:

He also said: "I didn't want him (Zacha) but he played so well that I couldn't toss him out."

Some of the stuff in there is beyond belief.

Worth reading for anyone wanting evidence of some of the crap that goes down in Czech hockey...

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
We agree to disagree then.

To me it seemed that the scoring chances were pretty equal but the Czechs had a slight edge IMO. And claiming that we outplayed them seems really like a bit nonsense to me, as the Czechs were the ones playing offense and we were waiting in the defense for our counter attacks. Our defense was pretty good at stopping their offense, but that´s not outplaying in my eyes.

But whatever, let´s cheer for us against Canada.

martin1983

Dec 27, 2013
Bratislava
I think you must have watched another game, sorry. Czechs really had a lot of 100% scoring chances. We also had some, but not so many of them.

Click here and listen just for 30 seconds, It's commentator from TNS in live tv broadcasting and his game summary after our second goal..

Its quite obvius who watched another game, sorry.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
To me it seemed that the scoring chances were pretty equal but the Czechs had a slight edge IMO. And claiming that we outplayed them seems really like a bit nonsense to me, as the Czechs were the ones playing offense and we were waiting in the defense for our counter attacks. Our defense was pretty good at stopping their offense, but that´s not outplaying in my eyes.

But whatever, let´s cheer for us against Canada.

This is probably not the right place for this discussion, but I don't quite understand thi conviction of a large part of hockey fans that outplaying means outshooting the opponent and outplaying them offensively. You can outplay the opponen tactically as well, which is what Slovakia did in that game. Obviously they didn't go into the game with an open offensive game because they knew they'd have no chance to succeed with it.

Both TSN and ČT announcers seemed to agree that Slovakia was the better team in that game.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Click here and listen just for 30 seconds, It's commentator from TNS in live tv broadcasting and his game summary after our second goal..

Its quite obvius who watched another game, sorry.

Sorry, but you are hilarious :laugh: Why should I listen to a TSN announcer? He said we scored a well deserved goal, and that is right, we deserved to win as we shut them down defensively. I have my opinion just like you have yours. How can a team playing from defense and on PK half of the game outplay someone, that is beyond me, but I get it, I am gonna be labeled as a traitor of our nation now, how typicall :laugh: I did not mean to take your opinions away, sorry If I offended anyone.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Absolutely disgusting. I have been poking Prerost quite a bit this year but its crazy on much more levels than just the HC...

I might translate some things from this article a little later so the NA/Intl. readers get some insight into the Czech environment...

Good idea.

I knew it wouldn't be a proper WJC without an article from Holik....I've been waiting for one for quite a while.......:laugh:

http://sport.aktualne.cz/holik-prer...dvedl-nic/r~6cbd1358941811e4b6d20025900fea04/

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

What a display of dilettantism, I'm not sure even if SZLH is capable of something such tbh.

Just two points, I'm not sure I can agree with Mr. Zacha on the "Slovak" way of having the national teams play together for most of the season being the best option for the Czechs.

Also, he's wrong about Slovakia organising an overseas camp for NA players. They had to come to Slovakia too, only Maier and Siska were not released by their teams, so they joined the team in Canada and they were the two players who were cut from the roster for "technical reasons".

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Here's the evidence about Nemecek that you were looking for joey16 (courtesy of Hud on zacha-hokej.cz):

http://www.abc.cz/firma/knorr-weyland/

Yeah, I've seen this link already but I'm not sure if it really is THAT Nemecek and THAT Prerost. Probably is though, on the other link is that the residence of the company is in Plzen and they both from Plzen and it would be the only logical explanation. It's just disgusting...
Barinka in Sochi was also nepotism as hell but Prerost made it to antohter level, played the guy top line minutes, PP, PK.. AND eventually selected him as one of the best players, that's beyond ridiculus

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, I've seen this link already but I'm not sure if it really is THAT Nemecek and THAT Prerost. Probably is though, on the other link is that the residence of the company is in Plzen and they both from Plzen and it would be the only logical explanation. It's just disgusting...
Barinka in Sochi was also nepotism as hell but Prerost made it to antohter level, played the guy top line minutes, PP, PK.. AND eventually selected him as one of the best players, that's beyond ridiculus

That's a fair point.

Yeah, it's downright depressing. That original article by Zacha Sr. is getting updated with more stories from other people so it looks like it's gaining soma momentum.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Zacha's article is interesting and it does make a few good points (e.g. Czech hockey association punishes junior players who go overseas but at the same time, it fails in providing them a good hockey instruction at home) but overall, I'd take it with a grain of salt as the author is not exactly a neutral observer. It's obvious he's got some personal issues with many of the people he's talking about. The way he's hyping his son is ridiculous, if I only read Zacha Sr.'s articles and interviews and have never seen Zacha Jr. play, I would think the latter must be the second coming of Eric Lindros at the very least.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
What a display of dilettantism, I'm not sure even if SZLH is capable of something such tbh.

Just two points, I'm not sure I can agree with Mr. Zacha on the "Slovak" way of having the national teams play together for most of the season being the best option for the Czechs.

Also, he's wrong about Slovakia organising an overseas camp for NA players. They had to come to Slovakia too, only Maier and Siska were not released by their teams, so they joined the team in Canada and they were the two players who were cut from the roster for "technical reasons".

I agree with your first point, I also do not think this is the best way.

I just can't believe that anyone would sacrifice the chance to get a medal at a tournament as prestigious as this just to make an example of players who rightly (or wrongly) decided that their hockey development would be better in Canada than in the Czech Republic. This is absolutely absurd and illogical reasoning motivated by some sort of nonsensical revenge. Who in their right mind does that?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Zacha's article is interesting and it does make a few good points (e.g. Czech hockey association punishes junior players who go overseas but at the same time, it fails in providing them a good hockey instruction at home) but overall, I'd take it with a grain of salt as the author is not exactly a neutral observer. It's obvious he's got some personal issues with many of the people he's talking about. The way he's hyping his son is ridiculous, if I only read Zacha Sr.'s articles and interviews and have never seen Zacha Jr. play, I would think the latter must be the second coming of Eric Lindros at the very least.

A fair point, but if you read further down there are others who are adding similar tales.....

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
That's a fair point.

Yeah, it's downright depressing. That original article by Zacha Sr. is getting updated with more stories from other people so it looks like it's gaining soma momentum.

Seems like some media are already catching on this as well. That's good.

DN28

Jan 2, 2014
Prague
Lener basically says that most of what Zacha Sr. says are lies.

Yes, and that´s the only thing he said. No argument against Zacha´s statements whatsoever. And Prerost rather "collapsed" than answering unpleasant questions.

After this circus I lost any hopes of the future of czech hockey. :(

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Yes, and that´s the only thing he said. No argument against Zacha´s statements whatsoever. And Prerost rather "collapsed" than answering unpleasant questions.

After this circus I lost any hopes of the future of czech hockey. :(

It doesn't look good does it? :( Especially when you read the comments beneath the article where people talk about having to have connections, slipping the coach some money and how son's of coaches or those with famous surnames play instead of those with real talent. I thought that most of this would have gone with the arrival of Lener. :shakehead

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad