WJC: 2015 — Czech Republic Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It's too bad Zacha couldn't make it yesterday. That would be really fun discussion. Anyway, Kral said basically nothing again, just that the things Zacha said aren't true (as he repeats for like three days). To me he didn't seem trustworthy at all.

Totally agreed. You can tell that some of those questions are making him very very uncomfortable. The guilt is written all over his face :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
So apparently Zacha Sr. sent some rude emails to CSLH during the U-18 WC and that apparently he may have worked for the StB....

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
So apparently Zacha Sr. sent some rude emails to CSLH during the U-18 WC and that apparently he may have worked for the StB....

Lol, this is getting ridiculous. Really doubt this is true. And even if it was that shows just how insecure the people around Kral and Lener are. They are clearly afraid now and trying Zacha to look as bad as possible.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Lol, this is getting ridiculous. Really doubt this is true. And even if it was that shows just how insecure the people around Kral and Lener are. They are clearly afraid now and trying Zacha to look as bad as possible.

Agreed. I hope Zacha does an interview on TV at some point. Or that they get him in with Prerost + Kral + Lener and maybe throw in Holik just for fun....see how long they can hold it before someone walks out :laugh:

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Agreed. I hope Zacha does an interview on TV at some point. Or that they get him in with Prerost + Kral + Lener and maybe throw in Holik just for fun....see how long they can hold it before someone walks out :laugh:

They could make it maybe like Vyvoleni and get them together in a villa for three months. That one would be pretty funny :laugh:

But seriously, really hope there will be an discussion face to face. I don't know but I don't believe Kral at all. Did you notice right from the beginning how he first of all pointed out that Zacha is not there and how disappointed he is because of that while having a smile all over his face. I bet he was kind of relieved he couldn't have been there :sarcasm:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
They could make it maybe like Vyvoleni and get them together in a villa for three months. That one would be pretty funny :laugh:

But seriously, really hope there will be an discussion face to face. I don't know but I don't believe Kral at all. Did you notice right from the beginning how he first of all pointed out that Zacha is not there and how disappointed he is because of that while having a smile all over his face. I bet he was kind of relieved he couldn't have been there :sarcasm:

Haha, yeah I did. :laugh: The reporter was making him uncomfortable enough without Zacha there....

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't find it ridiculous. Zacha Sr. wasn't "dôverník" or someone like that, who might have cooperated with ŠtB unconsciously. He was "rozviedčik", which means he was almost on the top of the pyramide, so I find it quite "odd" (and I'm veeery polite) that he is talking about morale and stuff like that. And I can't believe how you both are almost blind and see just one color, like everything which is not in favor of Zacha Sr., is not true. In my opinion it's almost unbeatable evidence against Zacha, which hugely destroys his reputation at least in my eyes.

But besides that, when I take away these facts, Zacha's article is full of half-truth and assumptions, whose intention is to set his son to the position of martyr (like nametemplate during mock game :shakehead). In my point of view, only two points out of whole article are relevant. First of all, the ban of public on the mock game between U19 and U20 NT. That's ridiculous and it just creates space for these types of rumors. Secondly, calling-up Zbořil, Chlapík and Jenyš. Force them to fly across the half of the Earth just due to attendance on three practices is almost inhuman.

Přerost is very weak coach, no question, but what Zacha Sr. makes, that's illustration of overreaction. He's in position of parent, therefore he should abstain of criticizing the depth chart of the team, where his son plays, because there is always a relevant effect of his personal bias. Zacha was far away from being the best player on the ice, not counting the game against Slovakia. You might disagree that it was the only game where he was playing in 2nd line, that's true, but at the same time, he's projected 1st round pick and he should have been the player, that was able to lead his line towards the better performance (like e.g. his peer Aho in Finnish team). Since he failed to do that, there is no surprise he fell down in post-WJC draft rankings.

As for the ban on writing about Zacha prior the WJC. Absolutely logical choice. Last year he was almost in every single media before the WJC. Yeah, it's rare to see the U17 eligible player on WJC, but you know what? In 2013 Vrana did same, and there was anything but hype like in Zacha's case. And everybody out of you has to admit, that Zacha did not deserve such a huge medialization considering his position within the team prior to 2014 WJC. On the other hand, his story and upbringing is a great story for journalist, so I partly understand that hype.

I don't want to defend ČSLH or Přerost. Přerost should have been fired long time ago, but Zacha Sr. is very experienced manipulator and he should not be considered as a sample of hope in Czech hockey. As always, I believe that truth lies somewhere between both sides. In my opinion closer to Czech IHF.

P.S.: On the first hand, you're not criticizing "ad hominem" behaviour of Zacha Sr. against Přerost, on the other hand, when there is evidence almost beyond all doubt, that he was a member of ŠtB, which should be 25 years after fall of communism considered as "ad hominem" argument (although I don't agree with this attitude), you're suddenly defending Zacha Sr and yelling that everybody from Czech IHF is afraid of him and therefore they came up with this information (even though you do not have any evidence, that Czech IHF came up with this). I find it little bit hypocritical.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
P.S.: On the first hand, you're not criticizing "ad hominem" behaviour of Zacha Sr. against Přerost, on the other hand, when there is evidence almost beyond all doubt, that he was a member of Å tB, which should be 25 years after fall of communism considered as "ad hominem" argument (although I don't agree with this attitude), you're suddenly defending Zacha Sr and yelling that everybody from Czech IHF is afraid of him and therefore they came up with this information (even though you do not have any evidence, that Czech IHF came up with this). I find it little bit hypocritical.

To be fair to joey16, the proof about him being in the StB came out after he made that post. I also did not see it until much later. Whilst that does discredit him to some extent, it still doesn't take away from the fact that he raised a lot of good points on the questionable practises of CSLH. On top of that, many other parents (who weren't in the StB lol) put forward similar stories, so it seems (to me at least) that he is probably correct in some of the things that he writes.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Well, that's fair enough. I didn't know there was a proof of him being in StB. And I still haven't seen it to be honest, so if you could send me a link, that would be appreciated. The thing is though.. I don't really care about Zacha Sr. and his personality (even though if he really was in StB, then it obviously changes my view on him a little). But what I do care about is Czech hockey and people who are in charge of it. One of the things that bothered me the most was the thing with (not) inviting players from CHL. That was just a low trick and intentional "punishment" for them, I'm pretty sure. And seeing Kral, Prerost or Lener talking and lying about it, that took their credibility away for me.
I agree with you that Zacha Sr. can be little biased towards his son and he really should have kept those opinons about his performances and roster spot for himself, that was completely irrelevant.
Anyway, the point is.. OK, Zacha might have a dirty history but it doesn't change the fact, that there is nepotism, camaraderie, vindictiveness and not enough propriety and kindliness in Czech hockey and people around it. And I don't need Zacha to see this.

thekenneth

Jan 25, 2013
not sure if it was just the prospects but I didn't see a lot of great things from the Czheks that past tournament hopefully the men do a lot better.

img_redirect.php

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Interesting but not long enough for him to explain everything. Its great that all this is getting out to the public though.

Yeah, agreed. He's constantly updating his website with more stories and his movement seems to be gaining momentum.

He also seems to think that a lot of what Kral and Lener said is just a screen for the clubs to think that they are on their side. His interview seems to suggest that they talk somewhat differently (and tend to mostly agree with him) when they are having a private chat.

Perhaps CSLH really do want to change things but can't do a lot because of how much power the clubs have? If they tried, then Lener and Kral would surely be fired and someone else employed who would sing the club's tune.

Difficult to know really.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
not sure if it was just the prospects but I didn't see a lot of great things from the Czheks that past tournament hopefully the men do a lot better.

img_redirect.php

Mainly the coach and a bad locker room. Next year should be better hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce