WJC: 2015 — Finland Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I assume that after this tournament Hintz will find himself somewhere in the top-200 Europeans draft list. :laugh:

Watch him completely outplay Rantanen there and end up as a 1st round pick.

Regardless of what happens at the WJC's, Hintz won't be a 1st round pick.

THW’s 2015 NHL Draft Ultimate Prospect Tracker – Holiday Edition

E-Mac is back:
*662 prospects highlighted
*Top 100 Rankings
*Unique War Room Commentary on many of the prospects

Your quintessential 2015 draft reference/tool

Link to full article, prospect tracker tool

Well... half of that statement was right.

Hintz went from unranked to #29.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Five games.
One win.
Eight goals scored.
Fourteen goals against.
No goals on the powerplay with ~20 opportunities.
Penalty kill around 50%.
Eliminated before medal rounds.

To put it shortly, disastrous. Fire everybody.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Weird tournament. Finland looked good in every game but won only one. Biggest problem were the awful special teams. I wonder if any national team has gone 0-22 before.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I hope Jortikka is fired immediately. Unacceptably bad tournament overall.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I hope Jortikka is fired immediately. Unacceptably bad tournament overall.

He's under contract for next and with the hockey federation having some financial issues (had to lay off some staff temporarily recently) I don't see them firing Jortsu and paying for another coach as well.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Husso doesn't handle the pressure as well as Saros in the big games. Was mystery by Jortikka why he was chosen although the pp was mystery too.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This was such a weird tournament. Husso wasn't great in this game. I seriously want Jortikka to be fired. PP was something I've never seen before. PK was horrible too.

Rantanen was best player AINEC.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Weird tournament. Finland looked good in every game but won only one. Biggest problem were the awful special teams. I wonder if any national team has gone 0-22 before.

They only looked good. It was all eye candy and not actually all that dangerous. Lots of zone time along the boards, behind the net, in the corners and on the blueline, but often just buzzing around only to lose the puck or fire a low-percentage shot. In the end they just started to try doing it solo off the rush, which actually improved the offense.

FlutteringSaucer

Apr 27, 2012
They only looked good. It was all eye candy and not actually all that dangerous. Lots of zone time along the boards, behind the net, in the corners and on the blueline, but often just buzzing around only to lose the puck or fire a low-percentage shot.

That's what junior small rink hockey is...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Who are players eligible to return next season?

Quick peek lead me to wonder that next years team has the potential to be a great one. Although that coach needs to go.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
He's under contract for next and with the hockey federation having some financial issues (had to lay off some staff temporarily recently) I don't see them firing Jortsu and paying for another coach as well.

Next year is the Helsinki tournament, the golden opportunity for the Finnish federation to make some money. Therefore I'd imagine they make sure that the Finnish team is as strong as possible, starting from the head coach. There's no way Jore should be involved in that.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
0 goals for Puljujärvi but damn he was impressive again today. Finland's Ovechkin if he keeps getting better and number one pick in NHL draft maybe.

So what kind of team are we getting next year? All I know is that Kaapo Kähkönen will most likely be our #1 goalie and that Hintz, Rantanen and Pulju are there.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Rantanen-Hintz-Kapanen
Aho-Kalapudas-Puljujärvi

Niku

Kähkönen

Saarela and Lammikko too who were last cuts.

The entire Kärppä-line. That's great. I think they can score next year much better than this year.

I thought Kapanen is too old. Interesting.

I think Rantanen will most likely be the captain.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Puljujärvi looks like Mats Sundin on the rink, I can't believe he is only 16. What did his parents put in his porridge?

The Senior team is getting some nice players in the last few age groups from Finland. I look forward to our continued rivalry.

Ville231

Dec 7, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
0 goals for Puljujärvi but damn he was impressive again today. Finland's Ovechkin if he keeps getting better and number one pick in NHL draft maybe.

Yeah he was impressive, but he needs to work on his game. It's good if a player takes a lot of shots, but Pulju just seemed to throw away the puck with those poor shots. It tells you something that he had 30 something shots on goal and 0 goals. Usually he just threw the puck at the goalie, and most of those seemed harmless.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland

So what kind of team are we getting next year? All I know is that Kaapo Kähkönen will most likely be our #1 goalie and that Hintz, Rantanen and Pulju are there.

Lammikko, Nättinen, Saarela, Lämsä, Laine, Tuulola and Keskitalo are high profile players who weren't on this year's team. Moberg, Sopanen, Saarijärvi, Vainio and Juolevi are some other candidates on defense. In goal Kähkönen and Vehviläinen are the likeliest contenders for goalies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah he was impressive, but he needs to work on his game. It's good if a player takes a lot of shots, but Pulju just seemed to throw away the puck with those poor shots. It tells you something that he had 30 something shots on goal and 0 goals. Usually he just threw the puck at the goalie, and most of those seemed harmless.

More games in SM-Liiga and his shot will get better accuracy. I'm sure of that. It's great that we have Marjamäki as coach in Kärpät. Good mentor for him.

Puljujärvi looks like Mats Sundin on the rink, I can't believe he is only 16. What did his parents put in his porridge?

:) I know his size is crazy for that age and everything else.

In goal Kähkönen and Vehviläinen are the likeliest contenders for goalies.

How many tournaments can Kähkönen and Vehviläinen play? I wonder if they are doing the same thing as with Husso and Saros for keeping the same duo for 2 or more years. Well easy decision if there aren't any better alternatives to be the goalies of course.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
How many tournaments can Kähkönen and Vehviläinen play? I wonder if they are doing the same thing as with Husso and Saros for keeping the same duo for 2 or more years. Well easy decision if there aren't any better alternatives to be the goalies of course.

Vehviläinen can play 2, Kähkönen only 1.

Also how on earth was Mustonen so bad this tournament? I can't recall one good play from him. #1C my ass..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad