GDT: 2014 World Junior Championships

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
No shame in losing to this Finnish team. Sweden lacked the complete team effort and decisiveness we had earlier in the tourny and this was a completely different Finland than the team we defeated handily in the round robin. What an effort from them. I can't even feel bad about losing to that team. So jealous of the teams who owns the rights to Teräväinen and Ristolainen. Ballers. Also mad respect to the Finnish coach Karri Kivi. Not a big fan of Rikard Grönborg. He tends to lose his composure.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Zadorov is impressive. Usually, mother Russia does not produce a lot of good dman prospects, but this kid has so much to like.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
OH **** IM SO GLAD! Ristolainen makes the most important goal of the tournament, from the same team that Kipper and Ortio are! Im so proud and happy! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

TylerSVT*

Feaster drafting Jankowski over just picking TT is so frustrating. So glad that moron is canned.

TylerSVT*

Don Cherry said on Coach's corner that the team Canada selection was political. Here's a link to the video:

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2014...alls-scott-burnside-and-kevin-allen-rats.html

You also have to wonder what affect the NHL hoarding players is having on these tournaments, such as Calgary and Monahan.

Other teams were missing huge players as well. Finland was without Maata and Barkov for example and they still won Gold.

Canada still had the best roster on paper. I just think they stopped caring after a bit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That Butter was a good coach, given his (no longer) perfect WJC record.
I am not so sure, bad choices don't make him a good coach, it is possible to have bad coaching and a bad selection process

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I'm not sure if im the only one but when it comes to WJC I rather our prospects do good if they are in it than Canada doing well :/ Is that bad? LOL

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I could see it being political. For example, Frank Corrado didn't make it last year, even though he was having a hell of a season. Here's hoping the Olympics TC won't be political.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad