2014 wjc

• Thread starter TheMachiavelli*
  • Start date

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I think you mean the 2015 WJC, as the 2014 WJC just took place.

Let's start with a list of eligible returning players: Nikita Zadorov, Ivan Barbashev, Pavel Buchnevich, and Valentin Zykov.

That's a solid group players to build the next team around.

TheMachiavelli*

Yeah sorry, is there any way to re-name the thread?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada

Let's start with a list of eligible returning players: Nikita Zadorov, Ivan Barbashev, Pavel Buchnevich, and Valentin Zykov.

Good group but Zadorov will almost certainly be in Buffalo next season.

A lot of holes next year, on defense and in net. Rafikov, Gavrikov will likely be new leaders from the back end. Goalie, I have no idea, hopefully some new guy emerges, otherwise it may be Tretiak.

A whole new group of talented forwards could include Goldobin, Tkachyov, Kamenev, Tolchinsky, Lazarev, Zinoviev, Schrebak, Pilipenko, Svechnikov, Setdikov, Shatski, Nekolenko, etc..

My only hope/recommendation is change in coach. Varnakov is very good at running a discipline team and a strong system, but it takes away from the creativity and game breaking risky offensive style of classical Russian teams. His team plays Canadian styled hockey, to me it is boring, low scoring.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I hope to see Maxim Tretiak make the team but I hope there are some better goaltenders out there as he's not good enough to be the starter at this time and that would be a huge drop from Andrei Vasilevski.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

yep, from na goldobin, scherbak, tolchinshiy and tkachev all have good chances to make the team. and then there are rudenkov, galeev, svechnikov in the mhl.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I hope to see Maxim Tretiak make the team but I hope there are some better goaltenders out there as he's not good enough to be the starter at this time and that would be a huge drop from Andrei Vasilevski.
there are surely better goalies than him. for instance sorokin is playing in the khl already

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Don't write Serebryakov just yet. While we have a ton of good 96, 95 is a VERY strong year for Russia. the only concern is in the goal.

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Serebryakov is posting terrible statistics, and seems like it's the case wherever he played. Was he supposed to turn into something great at some point?

TheMachiavelli*

Will Varnakov take MHL's leading scorers this time? Or better question, will varnakov still have his job?

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Shesterkin
Sorokin
Serebryakov
Bocharov

Rafikov
Gavrikov
Glukhov
Vorobiev
Yudin
Valiev
Mikulovich 96
Baldaev
Stetsenko
Demidov
Dervuk 96
Alexandrov
Trubkin
Tikhonov

Buchnevich
Zykov
Scherbak
Barbashev
Tolchinskiy
Tkachev
Goldobin
Rudenkov
Setdikov
Galeev
Leshenko
Golyshev
Okulov
Kamenev 96
Nikolishin 96
Svechnikov 96
Lazarev 96
Kraskovsky 96

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
Tkachev - Buchnevich - Goldobin
Zykov - Barbashev - Tolchinskiy
Setdikov - Galeev - Scherbak
Leshenko - Kamenev - Rudenkov
Golyshev

Rafikov - Vorobiev
Valiev - Gavrikov
Yudin - Mikulovich
Glukhov

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
There is may be a problem with the centers, but a large number of talented wingers. I didn't list all the wingers. Also there guys like Korenev (scored 2 goals in the KHL), Ivanov, Pilipenko, Nekolenko etc.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
There is may be a problem with the centers, but a large number of talented wingers. I didn't list all the wingers. Also there guys like Korenev (scored 2 goals in the KHL), Ivanov, Pilipenko, Nekolenko etc.

I would add Sharov from Red Army the guy is breaking out this season.

the 95's look scary.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Serebryakov is posting terrible statistics, and seems like it's the case wherever he played. Was he supposed to turn into something great at some point?

yes he was, before he stupidly listened to Larionov and left to NA he was number 1 for the 95's beyond ANY reasonable doubt on his way to become the next Vasilevskiy and even challenge for the job of his back up this wjc. Also on his way to become a starter for MVD in the MHL. How quickly everything turned.

Dares

May 13, 2009
Nikolishin
Svechnikov
Lazarev

werent these guys stars in the making? How are they doing right now?
Which are the 95s fulltime in KHL next year? I guess theres a lot of very good guys, but no superstars from the 95s group...

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Nikolishin
Svechnikov
Lazarev

Which are the 95s fulltime in KHL next year? I guess theres a lot of very good guys, but no superstars from the 95s group...
they were never stars in the making, especially nikilishin and lazarev who are in na now and both having so-so seasons judging by their stats. svechnikov is a more promising prospect but he's been struggling in the mhl lately. it's a mistake to yank him from the mhl to polish the bench in the khl

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Nikolishin
Svechnikov
Lazarev

Svechnikov was a star in the making - Nikolishin and Lazarev were just prominent players for the age group. Last year at the World Challenger he was the Man (Svechnikov), but this year he has struggled.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Will Varnakov take MHL's leading scorers this time? Or better question, will varnakov still have his job?

Again, do you want to see how MHL's leading scorers / players do, look at the 1 and 5 loosing record by the Red-Stars MHL selects in NA, and the only win is against a B (at best) level junior league's selects and barely.

His problem is not taking clear game breakers and playing it safe picking work-horses. More-over he really doesn't even know how to utilize game-breakers, I mean look at Barbashov's / Zykov's stats for him in WJC.

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
yes he was, before he stupidly listened to Larionov and left to NA he was number 1 for the 95's beyond ANY reasonable doubt on his way to become the next Vasilevskiy and even challenge for the job of his back up this wjc. Also on his way to become a starter for MVD in the MHL. How quickly everything turned.
Serebryakov obviously is not so bad. If you compare his stats with Paterson's who was a backup for Canada on the U20 WJC.
And i don't think he was close to Vasilevskiy talent level. Just a great goalie who played one big tournament, before that tournament Filonenkov considered more talented if i not mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad