2014 Winter Olympics Sucked. WOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Except for the likes of perhaps Richard Park, I don't see the NHL sending or allowing players to participate in the next Olympics in South Korea.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
After seeing 3 matches past 2 days I think Swedes have a good chance to get the gold. They handled Finns comfortably. Canada seemed much superior to USA though and could score more perhaps. Americans were helpless yesterday and today at pregame seemed down and kinda empty. Thought they would lose immediately. Rask is god. Also Carlson seemed out of place and coached to send everything into boards :) really bad fit or smth. Backstrom and Mojo both good, Marcus surprised. NB #1C. Nuff said.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Good night folks. We just took the biggest choke award from the Russians. Zero goals in the biggest games. Now its up to Ovie's goal total and Kuzy playing a handful of games to salvage my hockey season

Except the story is going to be that Ovechkin choked and the American's had an off day. I was rooting for a Russian-USA final...

I'm bummed about the game today, it just sickens me how the story lines are so predictable when discussing Ovechkin and the Russians. If Crosby tally's a point in the gold medal game he will have "carried his team" to it's second gold medal...it's not about the points, its the intangibles that he brings...or some other crap like that.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I'll ask again - you hear all the time about soft Euros. Sure, it's a cliche, but like most cliches there's an element of truth to it. But are there any soft Finns? They fuggin play their arse off all the time - they do all the little things; they're like more Canadian about doing the little things than the Canadians.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Really fast game. Both side attacking. Wow Carey Price just got lucky it hit a post. Vlasic working in the corner goes down. Doughty comes over to take the other man. Both are out of position and Sweden has a fantastic scoring chance.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Lundquist gets a post save.

Toews gets the first goal. Standing in front of Lundquist and gets the tip in.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
No, I meant Backstrom's granny vis-a-vis migraines/stress/etc.

Okay got it. Let me know if you want me to take it to the main boards. Re the migraines. I don't get them but know someone who does. They are quite debilitating. Apparently there is some sort of biofeedback that may help. Could be residual effects of past head traumas but stress can be one contributor. Different theories. Deteriorating vision i.e.: eye strain, diet etc.

Kunitz takes a penalty. Sweden on the PP. Karlson takes a shot it goes off of Carey Price' shoulder and the period ends. 1:45 will carry over into the second period.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Interesting story. Pucks for the Gold medal game specially made. Fridge that they are in is being guarded by the KGB. Story is that only 11 were made and 6 have already gone into the crowd.

Is anyone else watching?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am watching rooting for the swedes

ABC Anybody but Crossbee

Interesting about the golden pucks

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Jeezus Lundy - hopefully he's peaking right now, and has a letdown when he gets back to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad