2014 Winter Olympics Hockey in Sochi Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Seriously he has the weakest iimmune system I have ever seen.

I hate to say it but for us to take gold Parise needs to be a factor. Even then I don't if we have enough to take down Canada but Team USA needs more than his intangibles.

Im sure his bout with Hepatitis took a toll of his immune system .. Sucks

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Kovy looked pretty good out there (before the SO). Pretty crazy how much Parise has falling off. He was hardly noticeable.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Kovy looked pretty good out there (before the SO). Pretty crazy how much Parise has falling off. He was hardly noticeable.

Had 2 good chances but missed the net on one and post on the other

He did turn the puck over alot though and still didnt skate very well (he never will again), but better then he did vs Slovenia

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol that's such a silly statement to make, he still skates better than like 90% of the players in the world.

**** me why did he have to leave. But then we probably we wouldn't have got Jagr.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Kovy looked pretty good skating out there, to be honest.

And since when does he disappear in big games? In the one stretch of real playoffs he had he was a leading scoring player with half a back. You can't really say he's clutch or disappears.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

And since when does he disappear in big games? In the one stretch of real playoffs he had he was a leading scoring player with half a back. You can't really say he's clutch or disappears.

If there were comments that he disappears in big games, it's because of what happened with him and this team this summer

He led the team in pts that playoff run with a ****ed back

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

That comment was in reference to Parise who does tend to disappear in big games. The exception was the last Olympics, but it was clear that he cared far more about that than any NHL game he ever played.

MountainGoat

ughhh watching Kovy in the shootout makes me sad, his 2nd goal was ****ing filthy

MountainGoat

lol that's such a silly statement to make, he still skates better than like 90% of the players in the world.

**** me why did he have to leave. But then we probably we wouldn't have got Jagr.

we wouldn't have signed Ryder, he's the cheap shooter replacement for Kovy

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
You could just tell by watching Kovy's effort today vs. Last year that he really didn't wanna be here last year.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I miss kovy. It wasn't always pretty while he was here, but I'll always appreciate his work in 2012 and the second half of 2011. Sucks how he left but it's all good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
You could just tell by watching Kovy's effort today vs. Last year that he really didn't wanna be here last year.

I would not compare an Olympic game in his homeland surrounded by mega-talented teammates vs a regular season NHL game(s).

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Are they really not showing a replay of the game? I dont see it on the tv listings. But they are showing the other two games again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad