Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Winter Classic - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Detroit Red Wings

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1h
Wings reunite Datsyuk and Zetterberg at practice. They're skating with Bertuzzi.

Other lines: Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves, Miller-Andersson-Tatar, Cleary-Glendening-Nyquist.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 22m
Alfredsson felt better, team hoping he can play tomorrow, Holland said. He also said Glendening is playing for sure.

Gustavsson was just out there for team photo. Not practicing. Howard and Mrazek, as expected, in nets.Babcock said yesterday Howard starting

Assuming Alfie plays, it looks like we'll probably roll:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Abby-Helm-Alfreddson
Miller-Andersson-Tatar
Cleary-Glendening-Nyquist

Howard
Mrazek

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Nyquist may as well be sent back down at this point if he's playing with those plugs.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
There's no sense in complaining about Babcocks lines to start a game because they'll all be changed before the end of the 1st period.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
Anybody tailgating before the game? I've got one ticket and wanna do something downtown pre game

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Is Sammy supposed to play tomorrow? On CBC they were talking about how he got injured during practice and might not be able to go in the Classic.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
There's no sense in complaining about Babcocks lines to start a game because they'll all be changed before the end of the 1st period.

Why does he do that?

Why not just roll some decent lines in practice and then use them in game? This constant line shuffling cannot possibly be productive with so many people coming in and out of the lineup thanks to injuries, callups, scratches. Especially with a number of younger players.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Can someone please explain to me what Bertuzzi has done to be given a first line spot with Dats and Z? Bertuzzi is terrible, he has nothing left to bring. His skating actually makes me cringe every time I specifically watch for it. This team continually leaves me scratching my head. Jurco sent down, Tatar on line 3, Nyquist on line 4 and Todd Bertuzzi on the first line??? Bert should be a healthy scratch, he's useless.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Going to the game! Very excited. Heart sunk a little hearing Jurco got sent down and then seeing those lines..

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Alfie ain't playin.... as much as he'd like to do the winter classic thing, he's too smart to risk messing the groin up further, when they need him to help push for the playoffs... IMHO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad