2014 Trophy Watch Thread

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Price won't win the Vezina, but he might get a nomination (Too many competitors this year)

Subban was great this year but I don't think he stood out enough

Plekanec will once again be overlooked despite being an absolute monster shutdown guy and minute eater

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Price for Vezina will be the only trophy we have a hope of taking home. I don't see any others in the running for anything else, but I do admit that while I'm entirely sure Price wouldn't win the Hart...who would? All the best teams are mainly full teams and not reliant on any one player more than most.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If Patrick Kane can pick up a Lady Byng nomination I think Subban has a shot.

Price for Vezina is really the only one where I see us standing a chance. PK has an outside shot at a Norris nomination but I think he'll finish more like 5th or 6th. Plekanec will of course be overlooked for the Selke because he is under 6 feet and isn't top 10 in scoring.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Price will certainly get a Vezina nomination. Other candidates are IMO Rask, Varlamov and Bishop.

Subban will maybe get a Norris nomination but Duncan Keith will win it.

Michel Therrien for Jack Adams :sarcasm:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I love Pleks but he's not winning and shouldn't win. He might maybe deserve to be nominated but there are better contenders.

Saintpatrick*

I think the Vezina will most likely be Harding or Bishop and the Norris is Keith's imo

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Price should get a Vezina nomination and I think Pleks might gets some Selke votes (probably not enough to finish top 3) but that's about it.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Nobody outperformed Price this year. Nobody.

He should run away with it, but once again some BS will happen.

I want to agree with you but IMHO I think Bishop will get it and he deserves it. Everyone counted Tampa out after Stamkos went down and he kept Tampa in the mix of things all year

BishoP, Rask and Price will probably be the 3 nominees, but I think it will go to Bishop

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I want to agree with you but IMHO I think Bishop will get it and he deserves it. Everyone counted Tampa out after Stamkos went down and he kept Tampa in the mix of things all year

BishoP, Rask and Price will probably be the 3 nominees, but I think it will go to Bishop

This is sad.

Tampa is a good team with Stamkos. Montreal is a good team WITH Price.

Anyway, it's not like they have a bad team really, Bishop didn't do any miracles. It's just a good ol' case of statistics over real-life play. If you look at the last 5-6 games its even more evident, Bishop has been dreadful. I really don't care about statistics when it comes to goalies and I don't think anybody should.

It's like relying on corsi and all that crap to vote the norris/selke candidates.

it's ********.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad