2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: We're In!!! Let's talk (Clinched 2nd Place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Henrik needs to play like the king.
Healthy McD returns
Nash and MSL and hopefully even Beaver going into playoff beast mode.
GOD line in GOD mode

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Also, this:

winnie-cooper.jpg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Win more games than the teams we meet up with.
Score more goals.

I think the Rangers have more defensive depth this year than in the past two years. Having a solid 6 d-men with two NHL worthy players to fall back on in case of injury is very good.

What I don't like so much is our size on the wings and our overall center strength--though we are deeper at forward too. At least two of our 3 top centers are going to have to be on their game and produce with some consistency. We're going to need Nash and St. Louis to produce as well. Our defense and goaltending can help us hang in games but I expect if we're competitive we're going to be in a lot of low scoring games. Would help a lot the sooner Kreider can come back.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
What do we need more than anything? We need our best players to be our best players. Nash, St. Louis, Richards, Stepan, Carcillo, Lundqvist.

BarbaraAlphanse

What do we need more than anything? We need our best players to be our best players. Nash, St. Louis, Richards, Stepan, Carcillo, Lundqvist.

Nice try. You almost had me believing you were serious. Tried to pull a fast one over us w/ Richie.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
CF or bust.

Depth wins, but your best players need to be your best players.

Nash and MSL need to play like all stars and the depth this team has will make them a real threat.

If they don't score, another wasted opportunity.

I think the Pens, Habs, Flyers and Bruins are done in the 1st round.
I'm not sure I see the Jackets taking out the Bruins. But anything can happen for teams that aren't the Rangers I guess!

BarbaraAlphanse

CF or bust.

Depth wins, but your best players need to be your best players.

Nash and MSL need to play like all stars and the depth this team has will make them a real threat.

If they don't score, another wasted opportunity.

I think the Pens, Habs, Flyers and Bruins are done in the 1st round.

We'd really benefit from a Phi-Pit 1st round.

If not, I wouldn't disagree with sitting Danny G in place of McIlrath, Nash with Kantor, and MSL with Carcillo for the series.

Might as well thug it up.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm really anxious over the 2 spot. We just gave away 3 winnable points. If McDonagh were here I'd be super confident in the next 2 games, like this, not really. Not getting the 2 spot may mean the playoffs are short lived. The Flyers are evenly matched with us and really good at home. Hell we may fall out of a top 3 spot if we play with fire.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
I'm really anxious over the 2 spot. We just gave away 3 winnable points. If McDonagh were here I'd be super confident in the next 2 games, like this, not really. Not getting the 2 spot may mean the playoffs are short lived. The Flyers are evenly matched with us and really good at home. Hell we may fall out of a top 3 spot if we play with fire.

Why do you only post negativity in every thread? :shakehead

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
Dumb question (that I can't seem to find the answer to with the new playoff format): When the final wildcard spots and and 2/3 spots are decided, and the playoff bracket is made up, will there be reseeding after every round, or will there be a bracket that does not change its seeding (like in NCAA basketball). Thanks!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Why do you only post negativity in every thread? :shakehead

I don't only post negativity. In fact if you read my posts about how good the Rangers are, most of them are positive. I get anxious after losses, especially since McDonagh doesn't seem to be coming back before the playoffs. Why do you only post about how much Nash sucks even when he's one of the best players in a game?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Dumb question (that I can't seem to find the answer to with the new playoff format): When the final wildcard spots and and 2/3 spots are decided, and the playoff bracket is made up, will there be reseeding after every round, or will there be a bracket that does not change its seeding (like in NCAA basketball). Thanks!

It works like this. The winner of the 2/3 series plays the winner of the 1/wild card series winner based on which division they're in. For example, if the Rangers beat the Flyers, they would play the winner of the Pittsburgh series, regardless of the wild card's seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad