2014 Signed Draft Picks

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
I figured I would start up this thread since we have our first signing of the offseason! I will update this as things go along...

Barrie -

Belleville -

Erie -

Guelph -

Kingston -

Kitchener -

London -

Mississauga -

Niagara -

North Bay -

Oshawa -

Ottawa -

OwenSound -

Peterborough -

Plymouth -

Saginaw -
3rd Round Pick: LD, Keaton Middleton.

Sarnia -

SSM -
3rd Round Pick: G, Joseph Raaymakers.

Sudbury -

Windsor -

I would appreciate everybodys help in keeping up with press releases from team's on their signings. Please just post them in this thread, thanks!

Last edited:

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Saginaw Spirit with the first signing:

"@SpiritHockey: Saginaw Spirit announce that the team has reached terms on an OHL contract with third round pick, defenseman Keaton Middleton."

There has also been some news out of Owen Sound but it hasnt been very positive news...

"@SeanLafortune: Missed it last night, but Owen Sound Attack forward Willie Knierim has committed to Miami."
and
"@OTBPuckWatch: OHL Draft 8th overall pick Victor Mete, a 5'9 high-tempo defenseman looking NCAA, not even "entertaining" the OHL"

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Not a signing but Tye Felhaber was a no show for the Spirit at the first rookie scrimmage today. The organization was not expecting that.

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Not a signing but Tye Felhaber was a no show for the Spirit at the first rookie scrimmage today. The organization was not expecting that.

Interesting for sure. Here's a tweet that confirms that.

"@SeanLafortune: Was not there, but have confirmed Saginaw Spirit 1st round pick Tye Felhaber was not present at the teams rookie camp."

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
I hear Brown in Niagara isn't going to report also. Three top 10 picks that wont report.

At Xmas time, London will have 4 2014 OHL first rounders. LOL

And next year, there will be 23 first round picks.:yo:

It might be a sign to change the rules.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Could he be one of the 3 rumoured 1st rounders not reporting to the teams that drafted them? I hope not, for the Spirits sake. Their fans are some of the best around.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I hear Brown in Niagara isn't going to report also. Three top 10 picks that wont report.

If only they had enough 2nd rounders to go around! How far in advance can they trade them?:laugh:

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
Sounds like Felhabers preferred destinations are close to home so these are the likely teams with how many 2nds they have in next three years...

Belleville (3)
Ottawa (3)
Peterborough (8) :D
Kingston (4)

Last edited:

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012
"@SeanLafortune: The Soo Greyhounds have signed goaltender Joseph Raaymakers, the 37th overall selection from the 2014 #OHLDraft."

Last edited:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Spits sign Stanley

The Spitfires signed #1 pick (12th) Logan Stanley D on Friday. He'll be introduced to the STH tonight at WFCU center.

London*

Sounds like Felhabers preferred destinations are close to home so these are the likely teams with how many 2nds they have in next three years...

Belleville (3)
Ottawa (3)
Peterborough (8) :D
Kingston (4)

That's one thing I don't get about some teams in this league. How does an organization not have a full discussion with the kid they're drafting in the first, to see if they're going to report or not. First round picks can make a franchise, and they go into the draft, wanting to pick kids when they aren't even fully confident if they'll ever show up? Doesn't make much sense to me.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
That's one thing I don't get about some teams in this league. How does an organization not have a full discussion with the kid they're drafting in the first, to see if they're going to report or not. First round picks can make a franchise, and they go into the draft, wanting to pick kids when they aren't even fully confident if they'll ever show up? Doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't think Saginaw expected Felhaber to still be on the board at number ten so they took him because he was the best player available. Even if he doesn't report it will still work out just fine. Likely three second round picks for his rights plus the #11 pick next season as compensation for the defected player.

fishfan51

Sep 7, 2008
Niagara Falls

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2014/05/05/icedogs-hopeful-of-signing-brown

A few quotes from the article...

The IceDogs were told the morning of the draft by Brown’s agent not to select the talented pivot, but Niagara felt he was the best player available.

The IceDogs began the job of convincing Brown to come to Niagara recently when Williamson, assistant coaches Dave Bell and Billy Burke and assistant general manager Joey Burke, drove to Indianapolis to meet with Brown and his family. Brown’s father is former National Hockey League defenceman Jeff Brown, who is an assistant coach with the Indiana Ice of the United States Hockey League.

From Jeff Brown... “I was very impressed with the whole IceDog organization,” Brown added. “From what I understand, my research I’ve done, it’s a great organization and they do things the right way and they have a great team moving forward and a new building. So there’s a lot of positives about Niagara. We’re as a family trying to figure out what’s the best path is for Logan.”

From Marty Williamson... “Basically, it will go right to training camp and if he doesn’t show, we’ll declare him defective,” Williamson said. “That’s how the process goes. We’ll work all summer on him. If he decides not to report, we declare him defective.

“I think we put our best foot forward and work hard this summer to try and recruit him to be a Niagara IceDog and if he decides not to show up for training camp, then we change gears and we look at what’s doing best for the IceDogs and what we can get in compensation.”

EastAveFan

Nov 20, 2013
London signed Tyler Nother a couple weeks ago. He was the kid who told every team he wasn't reporting and even gave a verbal to a NCAA team. London will quietly announce it during the summer saying they worked hard trying to get him to change his mind. He would have been a top 15 pick this year.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
London signed Tyler Nother a couple weeks ago. He was the kid who told every team he wasn't reporting and even gave a verbal to a NCAA team. London will quietly announce it during the summer saying they worked hard trying to get him to change his mind. He would have been a top 15 pick this year.

If he did tell every other team he wasn't reporting than this is the garbage that needs to stop. Fact is the Knights won 2 straight OHL titles due to the draft manipulation done by Max Domi. Game is different now but the Hunter's still haven't changed.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm not an expert but Nother wasn't considered a first round pick let alone a top 15 pick. Maybe Lafortune and his crew can verify. And didn't he commit to Miami way back in the fall?

DrJenniferHanson

Cursed By A Gypsy
Aug 31, 2011
43° N lat 81° W long
I'm not an expert but Nother wasn't considered a first round pick let alone a top 15 pick. Maybe Lafortune and his crew can verify. And didn't he commit to Miami way back in the fall?

Correct, Nother committed to Miami in the fall.

Nother was also selected in the USHL draft 15 days ago.

No Miami fans on the internet (at least from what I've researched) have posted/tweeted an inkling of Nother bolting.

If a conspiracy's in play, it's a highly sophisticated one.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Sean on his twitter said Nother was ranked 24th on their list so that's a borderline 1st round pick. Not top 15 but close to a 1st rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad