2014 Select-A-Seat Night

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009
Tonight is the first night of Select-A-Seat. I'm not scheduled until tomorrow but I figure we can start gathering feedback. If you go tonight let us know how it went.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I finally decided to let go of my season tickets after many years as a STH. My wife and I decided that we couldn't support the team at that magnitude financially with all the boneheaded decisions. We'll of course still purchase a few individual games. Hit me up if any of your STHs are looking to sell any games!

My former seats are in 205 Row 9 (13,14) which is in the middle of the row, so you don't get any railing obstructions.

I highly recommend them!

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Tell them you want to sit where the healthy scratches sit. You'll prolly post as many points as John Scott... at least you'd be paying to sit there instead of vice versa :sarcasm:

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
I finally decided to let go of my season tickets after many years as a STH. My wife and I decided that we couldn't support the team at that magnitude financially with all the boneheaded decisions. We'll of course still purchase a few individual games. Hit me up if any of your STHs are looking to sell any games!

My former seats are in 205 Row 9 (13,14) which is in the middle of the row, so you don't get any railing obstructions.

I highly recommend them!

Me too!! I was in 212 Row 2 (3,4) but the landing is to the right and the ice is to the left so no obstructions (Similar seats really, just in the other corner of the attack twice side of the ice).

Corners are awesome for watching hockey but crappy for selling cuz all the nubs want center ice. If Stub hub allowed a paragraph to pimp your tickets I might still have mine... or they didn't totally change how they charged fees... anyway a bit bummed as I was a STH since the tank opened, but I was going to less and less games so it had been a long time coming.

Of course the sharks will probably pull a golden horseshoe out of their butt and win the cup somehow now that we gave up our seats. Whatever it takes to win lol.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Wish I had a job and didn't go to school in PA then I would get season tickets.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Whole bunch of "upper rim" seats available.

I did "switch sides" to get a bit closer to the middle. But there were no other seats in my price range available.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Yep. 2 here. 3 there. At least 10.

I noticed that the upper rim has slowly but surely started to empty out in the past couple of years. There's not that much difference between row 1 and row 2, and they are much more expensive.

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I noticed that the upper rim has slowly but surely started to empty out in the past couple of years. There's not that much difference between row 1 and row 2, and they are much more expensive.

And most of the ones available tend to be obstructed view, due to the large rails right next to them.

We almost moved from 202 Row 14 on the aisle (next to 201) to 201 row 9 on the aisle (next to 202) or 102 on the aisle (next to 103), but after talking it over decided not to give up the "yellow" seats. we talked to a sharks employee as we were leaving and he told us that in the entire SAP Center 3 pairs of the yellow seats were available and instantly got picked up by the first group. The right mixture of good location and affordable prices I guess.

If the 102 aisle seats had been next to 101, we would have went for it but the other side of the section where they were is just too far towards the goal line, so we'll patiently wait until next year and hope for the best haha.

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
I had the first slot, at 5:20PM. I haven't gone every year, but it seemed there were more seats in desirable locations overall than I'd ever seen. A few people got their dream seats last night.

They had Jamie Baker and Owen Nolan there to schmooze with us, which was nice. (Jamie wouldn't discuss the announcer situation, at least not when i was in earshot.)

I took pics of every section from a distance, which I've done a couple of times before--I'll try to do a rough comparison on the number of seats tagged this year vs. then. Of course, I hear of people moving/upgrading/adding seats in the days/weeks before SAS night, so who really knows how renewals went?

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
I had the first slot, at 5:20PM. I haven't gone every year, but it seemed there were more seats in desirable locations overall than I'd ever seen. A few people got their dream seats last night.

They had Jamie Baker and Owen Nolan there to schmooze with us, which was nice. (Jamie wouldn't discuss the announcer situation, at least not when i was in earshot.)

I took pics of every section from a distance, which I've done a couple of times before--I'll try to do a rough comparison on the number of seats tagged this year vs. then. Of course, I hear of people moving/upgrading/adding seats in the days/weeks before SAS night, so who really knows how renewals went?

Was there anything good available in 101 at 5:20pm? We weren't until 7:40 and the only 101 left were the two singles back to back that are available every year. My dream seats are 101 on the aisle next to 102. Maybe next year.

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009
We talked to a sharks employee as we were leaving and he told us that in the entire SAP Center 3 pairs of the yellow seats were available and instantly got picked up by the first group. The right mixture of good location and affordable prices I guess.

I think I am going to drop my pair of yellow seats in 216 tonight. I was super happy to get them last year due to the price but I think I am going to remain in my red aisle seats in 215 even though they are more costly. Combination of aisle and really enjoying the group I sit with is a big factor.

Last edited:

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
I think I am going to drop my pair of yellow seats in 216 tonight. I was super happy to get them last year due to the price but I think I am going to remain in my aisle seats in 215 even though they are more costly. Combination of aisle and really enjoying the group I sit with is a big factor.

So important...the presence of a couple of "difficult" neighbors, night after night, can just ruin things.

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009
So important...the presence of a couple of "difficult" neighbors, night after night, can just ruin things.

Yeah, I never had any issues in the other seats but the aisle convenience when I bring my little brother or grandfather is great and now that I've sat with my seat neighbors for over 4 years, we are great friends even outside of games. Can't put a price on that.

I carried both pairs last year just because I was so unsure whether or not I wanted to move. Last year was a struggle money-wise but I am really happy I didn't give up those seats.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
We almost moved from 202 Row 14 on the aisle (next to 201) to 201 row 9 on the aisle (next to 202) or 102 on the aisle (next to 103), but after talking it over decided not to give up the "yellow" seats. we talked to a sharks employee as we were leaving and he told us that in the entire SAP Center 3 pairs of the yellow seats were available and instantly got picked up by the first group. The right mixture of good location and affordable prices I guess.

I was in the 6:00 group. The only yellows in the place were a pair in 201, row 16, a couple of seats in from the sec 202 aisle.

There was nothing in the cheap seats on the Sec 209 end. I didn't take a close look on the other end, but it didn't look like there were any there either. The only other upper bowl cheap seats I noticed were a couple of pairs in 212/213.

It looked like there may have been a few more Club Seats available than usual and maybe more upper bowl end/corner ones - but very few at center ice (there were 7 seats total avail in 201) and virtually none in the cheap seats.

20140521_seatingdiagram.jpg

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
When they opened, there was a set of 4, two 3's, 3 pairs and a single in the 201 reds, and two pairs in 201 yellows.

deekortiz3

Sep 11, 2009
I just canceled my other pair as well. Just couldn't justify the price this year.

I was in 215 Row 12 Seats 1 and 2. I didn't see any aisle seats left in 215 when I went last night. If anyone happened to be looking for Center Ice on the aisle I'd call your representative and grab mine.

Kimmers31

Aug 28, 2013
I think I am going to drop my pair of yellow seats in 216 tonight. I was super happy to get them last year due to the price but I think I am going to remain in my red aisle seats in 215 even though they are more costly. Combination of aisle and really enjoying the group I sit with is a big factor.

I went tonight 7/17@6p and your yellows were gone already (surprise). I did luck on and get 2 seats in 213 row 13. Challenged a guy for seniority and surprisingly won. Woo! Only seats available that were in the cheapest ring around the top.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
I'd love to know how that conversation went haha.

The last time I picked seats, I had to rock-paper-scissor it with a couple who got to the seats right when I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad