M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Why is it that when you do these polls and a Leafs player gets the most votes you always seem to have a snarky remark why it happened. Yes it's true there are a lot of Leafs fans on here, however you didn't see any of us vote Nylander #1 or #2.

Yes, that's actually extremely childish and unprofessional.

Why bother doing a polls series at all if you think the results will be tainted because of voter bias?

Either do it and act impartial or don't bother.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, that's actually extremely childish and unprofessional.

Why bother doing a polls series at all if you think the results will be tainted because of voter bias?

Either do it and act impartial or don't bother.
The horror of Nylander moving up two spots from where he was originally drafted and this was after scoring 31 goals in 68 games this season. Among first round picks in 2014 who were forwards the only ones who have scored 30+ goals in a season is Drasaitl, Pastrnak, Larkin and we saw Nylander finally do that as well.

Reactions: GlitchMarner

lawrence

May 19, 2012
De Angelo who has more votes for the Norris trophy then any of our dman, finished 11th for Norris voting. I value him over any player at the moment in this poll.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Why is it that when you do these polls and a Leafs player gets the most votes you always seem to have a snarky remark why it happened. Yes it's true there are a lot of Leafs fans on here, however you didn't see any of us vote Nylander #1 or #2.
They're a Canucks fan who drafted Virtanen 6th..well over Nylander, can't expect much more than salt.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Arvidsson has two 30+ goal seasons already. Don't know why anybody would pick Ehlers over him... except maybe the latter is faster and maybe more durable.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
The guy has a huge bias against the Leafs.

- didn't initially have Rielly as an option for the defenseman rankings while having players like Provorov, Ekblad, Chabot and Dahlin as options

- still doesn't have Tavares as an option in his forward rankings but has guys like Connor, Wheeler, Huberdeau ect as options

- has Matthews ranked 12th amongst centers in the center rankings

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Arvidsson has two 30+ goal seasons already. Don't know why anybody would pick Ehlers over him... except maybe the latter is faster and maybe more durable.
Lost the link to the past times weve done this redraft but I remember Arvidsson going top 5. Im not sure what hes done to fall out of the rankings so far

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Love the snarky comment about leafs fans as if Nylander being selected 6th is unreasonable. Who would you take ahead of him here OP?
Sorry didnt mean to be snarky. I would take Arvidsson and Fiala here. Then Nylander/Ehlers. But seems many disagree with me so maybe your right then, so maybe could appear snarky, i see that now as a few others have said the same thing.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Interesting, I think Rangers organization and Rangers fans value Shesterkin more.

i'm speaking as a neutral fan, and he hasn't played much in the NHL yet, similar to demko. well as far as the list goes I think hes the best right now. we'll see in the future.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
i'm speaking as a neutral fan, and he hasn't played much in the NHL yet, similar to demko. well as far as the list goes I think hes the best right now. we'll see in the future.

Well, supposedly the Rangers are looking to trade Deangelo to make room for Nils Lunkdvist and Shesterkin is our goalie of the future.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
The guy has a huge bias against the Leafs.

- didn't initially have Rielly as an option for the defenseman rankings while having players like Provorov, Ekblad, Chabot and Dahlin as options

- still doesn't have Tavares as an option in his forward rankings but has guys like Connor, Wheeler, Huberdeau ect as options

- has Matthews ranked 12th amongst centers in the center rankings
Yet you have all these facts memorized?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Lost the link to the past times weve done this redraft but I remember Arvidsson going top 5. Im not sure what hes done to fall out of the rankings so far

These boards are definitely a "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Arvidsson had a banged up knee this year and wasn't playing 100% until the post-season. Should definitely be included in the next few picks though.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I love how you ruined you own thread with the opening 2 sentences of your post :laugh:

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
So Nylander goes 6th. No suprise this would happen theres more Leafs fans than any other fanbase here. These things aint perferct. Anyways onto the next, Ehlers on deck, tho I may vote Fiala again, was impressed with him this past season

1 EDM Draisatl (+3) 2014 reDraft #1
2 Pastrnak BOS 55% (+23) 2014 reDraft #2
3 TB Point (+76) 95% 2014 reDraft #3
4 FLA Ekblad (-3) 49% 2014 reDraft #4
5 DET Larkin (+10) 55% 2014 reDraft #5
6 TOR Nylander (+2) 52% 2014 reDraft #6

lol nice whining OP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad