2014 reDraft #25

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So Bennet finally gets taken at 24th dropping 20 spots in a pretty weak draft as is. Would he have gone higher in our redraft if was actually drafted later? Maybe, some people think so. Anyways 25 is next, who will go? Donato Kempe Ritchie and Fabbri all up

1 EDM Draisaitl 70% (+2) 2014 reDraft #1
2 BOST Pastrnak 56% (+23) 2014 reDraft #2
3 TB Point 88% (+76) 2014 reDraft #3
4 DET Larkin 66% (+11) 2014 reDraft #4
5 NASH Arvidsson 37% (+107) 2014 reDraft #5
6 FLO Ekblad 51% (-5) 2014 reDraft #6
7 TOR Nylander 40% (+1) 2014 reDraft #7
8 WINN Ehlers 56% (+1) 2014 reDraft #8
9 BUFF Reinhart 68% (-7) 2014 reDraft #9
10 MINNY Tuch 40% (+8) 2014 reDraft #10
11 PHILLY Sanheim 23% (+6) 2014 reDraft #11
12 SJ Labanc 27% (+159) 2014 reDraft #12
13 ANA Kase 26% (+192) 2014 reDraft #13
14 ANA Montour 36% (+41) 2014 reDraft #14
15 NASH Fiala 50% (-4) 2014 reDraft #15
16 WASH Vrana 31% (-3) 2014 reDraft 16
17 PITTS Kapanen 41% (+5) 2014 reDraft #17
18 CHI Schmaltz 58% (+2) 2014 reDraft #18
19 VAN Demko 26% (+17) 2014 reDraft #19
20 BOS Heinen 27% (+96) 2014 reDraft #20
21 TB DeAngelo 28% (-2) https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2014-redraft-21.2677929
22 ARI Dvorak 26% (+26) 2014 reDraft #22
23 NYI D Toews 19% (+85) 2014 reDraft #23
24 CAL Bennet 28% (-20) 2014 reDraft #24

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Lindblom is going to have a 20 goal, 45 point season this year. Voted for him.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is an opinion. I do not have the ability to see the future.

Last edited:

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
It's possible but saying it like its a done deal sounds like a delusional fan
I didn't think I had to mention that predicting something that hasn't happened yet is just an opinion, not a fact but I will edit to avoid confusion. While we're nitpicking language, I'd say that your use of the word delusional is a bit off. It's not delusional to predict that a 19 goal, 33 point rookie will (in my opinion) increase his rookie point totals by 12 since he's going to be given a middle 6 role and PP time. He spent the first half of his rookie season on the 4th line playing 11 minutes a game. The second half of the season he was moved up in the lineup where he played just over 16 minutes a game and he put up 13 goals and 22 points in 40 games which is a 27 goal 45 point pace. He was the top forward in the SHL the year before coming to NA when he was only 20 so it's not like he's some flash in the pan that came out of nowhere. This isn't some delusional prediction to make. I think the word you're looking for is optimistic.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
I didn't think I had to mention that predicting something that hasn't happened yet is just an opinion, not a fact but I will edit to avoid confusion. While we're nitpicking language, I'd say that your use of the word delusional is a bit off. It's not delusional to predict that a 19 goal, 33 point rookie will (in my opinion) increase his rookie point totals by 12 since he's going to be given a middle 6 role and PP time. He spent the first half of his rookie season on the 4th line playing 11 minutes a game. The second half of the season he was moved up in the lineup where he played just over 16 minutes a game and he put up 13 goals and 22 points in 40 games which is a 27 goal 45 point pace. He was the top forward in the SHL the year before coming to NA when he was only 20 so it's not like he's some flash in the pan that came out of nowhere. This isn't some delusional prediction to make. I think the word you're looking for is optimistic.

Were looking at now though and you can say the same for Ritchie, McCann, Kempe, Donato, Virtanen, or even Fabbri most of whom are more established in the league. To vote for one guy based off that but ignore everyone else screams homer vote.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Were looking at now though and you can say the same for Ritchie, McCann, Kempe, Donato, Virtanen, or even Fabbri most of whom are more established in the league. To vote for one guy based off that but ignore everyone else screams homer vote.
No, we aren't looking at now. When looking at a redraft you take what a player has done from his draft year until now as well as how they project in the future which is why Demko has already been picked despite only playing 10 games and guys like Ritche, McCann, and Virtanen are still on the board despite 3+ years of NHL experience. Like I said, Lindblom was the the top forward in the SHL at 20 years old. The numbers he put up at that age were pretty incredible and when given a middle 6 role as a rookie he looked really good. It's not a "delusional" statement to think that Oscar Lindblom could be better than Nick Ritchie. From what I've seen of Lindblom from the time he was drafted until now and how he projects, I think he will be a better NHL player than the guys you listed. Sorry I don't simply vote for players just because they've been in the league longer.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
No, we aren't looking at now. When looking at a redraft you take what a player has done from his draft year until now as well as how they project in the future which is why Demko has already been picked despite only playing 10 games and guys like Ritche, McCann, and Virtanen are still on the board despite 3+ years of NHL experience. Like I said, Lindblom was the the top forward in the SHL at 20 years old. The numbers he put up at that age were pretty incredible and when given a middle 6 role as a rookie he looked really good. It's not a "delusional" statement to think that Oscar Lindblom could be better than Nick Ritchie. From what I've seen of Lindblom from the time he was drafted until now and how he projects, I think he will be a better NHL player than the guys you listed. Sorry I don't simply vote for players just because they've been in the league longer.

That's not why I voted the way I did. I think all of the players I listed including Lindblom have similar potential I'm just more confident in the more "veteran" players

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
That's not why I voted the way I did. I think all of the players I listed including Lindblom have similar potential I'm just more confident in the more "veteran" players
See, I'm less confident in "veteran" players when they haven't shown much progression and the only thing they've proven is that they're mediocre players at best. Those guys have all been in the league for 3-4 years and none of them have proven to be anything more than bottom 6 players with little upside. Ritchie and McCann took until their 4th NHL season to crack 30 points. Kempe had a good season in '18 and then regressed in '19. If he would have replicated that first season last year my vote would have been for him but now I have to wonder if that first season is who he is or if he's more of what we saw last year. I'll take the guy with 1 year experience and upside.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
See, I'm less confident in established players when they haven't shown much progression. Those guys have all been in the league for 3-4 years and none of them have proven to be anything more than bottom 6 players with little upside. Ritchie and McCann took until their 4th NHL season to crack 30 points. Kempe had a good season in '18 and then regressed in '19. If he would have replicated that first season last year my vote would have been for him but now I have to wonder if that first season is who he is or if he's more of what we saw last year. I'll take the guy with 1 year experience and upside.

I wouldn't call those players "bottom 6" they're more "middle 6"

I get your thoughts on more established players but you cant just assume all non established players will take a big step every year. More often then not they stay around their same level. I just need more proof before I can put someone like Lindblom or Donato higher

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

I get your thoughts on more established players but you cant just assume all non established players will take a big step every year. More often then not they stay around their same level. I just need more proof before I can put someone like Lindblom or Donato higher
You're right, I can't. But I should be able to make reasonable predictions, projections, and opinions without being called delusional because you don't agree with it.

I don't want to clog up this thread running in circles so I'm moving on with my day.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Dont believe you. His name is NOT Goaloffson :shakehead

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Top 6/bottom 6 is pretty much a dead concept these days. Most teams run either a balanced top 9, or a clear top line with a balanced middle 6. In most cases even if there are two very strong top 2 lines, the 3rd line is never used as a traditional checking line/match-up line. The NHL has shifted way more towards teams using their 2nd line with a strong 2-way center as the match-up line or just matching top line against top line when you have last change. The days of a guy Bob Gainey and Doug Jarvis or to a lesser extent a Bobby Holik on your 3rd line used to shut down a first line our dead. The salary cap and change in playstyle killed that type of luxury and line-up construction.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00