OT: 2014 Patriots/NFL Talk/Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Do not discuss anything political,do not quote a user and then slam that user by saying negative things as it will result in an infraction. 2.)Keep the posts about the game anything outside of the game political will result in an infraction. 3.) Politcal talk can be done on the political forum.
We intend to keep the boards safe and fun for all of our members.

Please keep your posts about the games at hand and as to the title,Fantasy talk but NO POLITICAL posts will be allowed and will result in an infraction.

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
don't know if this was discussed on the old bad thread, but do you think playing Fleming for so many snaps was an oblique acknowledgement by Mcdaniels that he currently doesn't have the horses to employ an effective running game?

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
don't know if this was discussed on the old bad thread, but do you think playing Fleming for so many snaps was an oblique acknowledgement by Mcdaniels that he currently doesn't have the horses to employ an effective running game?

I was listening to part of the Bedard segment on F&M, and he said when he reviewed the All-22 that Hoo-man was brutal, I think it's more of an acknowledgement that until Gronk is at 80-90% they need that sort of boost (currently not having the horses as you say).

I'm also wondering if Brady's snubbing of Amendola and Dobson has something to do with an OLine that isn't close to gelling and his unwillingness to take 16 games worth of hits.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Hooman has been noticeably bad through 2 games so far.

I thought the O-Line actually played a lot better in week 2. Still plenty of work to do, but there was progress.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Hooman has been noticeably bad through 2 games so far.

I thought the O-Line actually played a lot better in week 2. Still plenty of work to do, but there was progress.

Where has Tim Wright been? Wasn't he supposed to be a better pass catching option than Hoo?

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Where has Tim Wright been? Wasn't he supposed to be a better pass catching option than Hoo?

Wright absolutely is a better pass catching option than Hooman, who is basically a strict blocking TE. Wright played probably 25 snaps in Week 1, didn't notice him at all in week 2.

I bet we'll see more of Wright once Gronk is playing 90%+ snaps in the game since he can pass catch and block, we'll see Wright in that Hernandez "move" role.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I was listening to part of the Bedard segment on F&M, and he said when he reviewed the All-22 that Hoo-man was brutal, I think it's more of an acknowledgement that until Gronk is at 80-90% they need that sort of boost (currently not having the horses as you say).

I'm also wondering if Brady's snubbing of Amendola and Dobson has something to do with an OLine that isn't close to gelling and his unwillingness to take 16 games worth of hits.

i think the big guy is definitely hearing footsteps, and no Mankins combined with a new O-line coach means its going to take those guys a while to figure it all out. I had them at 12-4, but now i think 11-5 is more realistic.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
i think the big guy is definitely hearing footsteps, and no Mankins combined with a new O-line coach means its going to take those guys a while to figure it all out. I had them at 12-4, but now i think 11-5 is more realistic.

I'm not so sure, if they didn't out think themselves, they should be 2-0. They made two stupid strategic decisions in week 1 on the defensive end that cost them regardless of what they were doing on offense.

Unless by 12-4 to 11-5 you mean, you were expecting them to beat Miami and they didn't.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I'm not so sure, if they didn't out think themselves, they should be 2-0. They made two stupid strategic decisions in week 1 on the defensive end that cost them regardless of what they were doing on offense.

Unless by 12-4 to 11-5 you mean, you were expecting them to beat Miami and they didn't.

nope. i meant 12-4 WITH a loss in Miami. They didn't lose down there because of any lack of strategery. Games in Seattle, as well as in the thin air of Denver, and september games in Miami should always be put in the L column until they actually win it.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
nope. i meant 12-4 WITH a loss in Miami. They didn't lose down there because of any lack of strategery. Games in Seattle, as well as in the thin air of Denver, and september games in Miami should always be put in the L column until they actually win it.

Oh they most certainly did. That game was 20-10 at the half, and Belichick played his two best defensive players out of position (Chandler Jones at 3-4 DE and Revis playing off man).

And that's not 20-20 hindsight, that's putting your best players in position to make plays. Brady, also, with a shaky OLine and no real downfield threat threw 14 passes downfield and completed how many?

The gameplan called for 2001, they went with 2007.

qc

Aug 23, 2011

From what I know, he sucks at blocking and didn't see many snaps due to our adding of an extra lineman last week.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Oh they most certainly did. That game was 20-10 at the half, and Belichick played his two best defensive players out of position (Chandler Jones at 3-4 DE and Revis playing off man).

And that's not 20-20 hindsight, that's putting your best players in position to make plays. Brady, also, with a shaky OLine and no real downfield threat threw 14 passes downfield and completed how many?

The gameplan called for 2001, they went with 2007.

so we agree: they kicked butt in the 1st half, then the heat got to them and they were gassed in the 2nd half. ;)

this isn't a one way street, it works in the opposite direction too. December 14th vs the fish at home is practically a guaranteed W.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
so we agree: they kicked butt in the 1st half, then the heat got to them and they were gassed in the 2nd half. ;)

this isn't a one way street, it works in the opposite direction too. December 14th vs the fish at home is practically a guaranteed W.

But see, they needed to account for the heat, and grind out a 23-20 win. Calling deep drops when short drops and runs were working killed them, they tried to win the game 30-17, which didn't reflect exactly what you said about the heat. Keep the defense off the field, don't make mistakes.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Would love for Brady to get a prime time probowl receiver for a run at the Superbowl. It would just make things so much easier. All I can think of is Fitzgerald.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
From what I know, he sucks at blocking and didn't see many snaps due to our adding of an extra lineman last week.

That's a case of Belichick misusing a guy for his talents. He would rather have 5 guys who are mediocre at everything than to have 5 guys who are each especially talented at 1 particular thing. Wright is a great pass catcher but he can use Hooman in more blocking schemes. Add that to the fact that Brady seems to be playing favorites lately, and Wrights snaps and looks will both go down. Its dumb. Misusing a good asset.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Would love for Brady to get a prime time probowl receiver for a run at the Superbowl. It would just make things so much easier. All I can think of is Fitzgerald.

Who was the prime time pro bowl receiver in 01, 03, or 04?

The answer is to be more solid on the OL and DL. We saw in the SB that shant be named what happens when you have a prime time probowl receiver (for my money one of the two best ever) and your line doesn't hold up.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
That's a case of Belichick misusing a guy for his talents. He would rather have 5 guys who are mediocre at everything than to have 5 guys who are each especially talented at 1 particular thing. Wright is a great pass catcher but he can use Hooman in more blocking schemes. Add that to the fact that Brady seems to be playing favorites lately, and Wrights snaps and looks will both go down. Its dumb. Misusing a good asset.

OL isn't good enough to put a move TE on the field and keep them there. That's the reality of how they've drafted for that position group.

Keep those 5 guys on an island without protection from a blocking TE or a 3rd tackle and you have what you had in Miami, which is Brady hitting the deck constantly. That's not misusing a talent, unless you mean Brady.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
OL isn't good enough to put a move TE on the field and keep them there. That's the reality of how they've drafted for that position group.

Keep those 5 guys on an island without protection from a blocking TE or a 3rd tackle and you have what you had in Miami, which is Brady hitting the deck constantly. That's not misusing a talent, unless you mean Brady.

The o line had a bad game against Miami. And they're not a good run blocking bunch. But Solder/Vollmer is probably the best pass blocking tackle tandem Brady has played with. We don't need 6 blockers every pass play.

That being said, I'd still rather see 3 WR sets than 2 TE sets if one of those TE's is Wright.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
The o line had a bad game against Miami. And they're not a good run blocking bunch. But Solder/Vollmer is probably the best pass blocking tackle tandem Brady has played with. We don't need 6 blockers every pass play.

That being said, I'd still rather see 3 WR sets than 2 TE sets if one of those TE's is Wright.

Every pass play? No. Some, and definitely more than usual on the road? I think so.

The problem is that pass blocking isn't just the tackles, and the interior 3 just isn't any good at it right now. So you need that blocking TE so your T can slide in every so often. Unfortunately that led to a TE on Cameron Wake a few times agianst Miami, which. ugh. I don't know why they went with so many long developing plays in the 2nd half of that game with that going on.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Hoping for Julio to do some damage tonight. Only good player left on my team that isn't hurt or suspended. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad