GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft – Part II

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Well I did not see these guys play, I did not talk to the guys who coached them or coached against them, I did not talk to other players who played with or against them, I did not review video, I did not interview them or talk to other scouts etc so my opinions come uncluttered with prejudices that other folks might have....I am ok with Reinhart and Lemieux and see promise in Cornel, Karabacek, and Martin. I like the idea of a tall Euro goalie and have no idea about the others. Rating this draft is even more difficult than it usually is. Not as good a result as last year but not the choices available either...Should be a solid B but there will be other teams who for now will get much better grades.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Interesting stuff from Murray. He said they specifically targeted guys with top-six upside, even if many are a long shot. They have enough players in the pipeline that can fill the 3/4 roles.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Murray says he tried to trade today for a guy drafted yesterday. He sounded like he knew it wasn't going to happen. Still, wonder which guy that went yesterday he was so high on? Based on when he wanted to move up yesterday and his love of size, Tuch seems like a possibility.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Nice comments from Murray, I liked how he wanted his scouts to do more then just say somebody was a "good hockey player", to engage and support their positions. Something many of the posters on here bashing or supporting picks could learn a lot from.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Nice comments from Murray, I liked how he wanted his scouts to do more then just say somebody was a "good hockey player", to engage and support their positions. Something many of the posters on here bashing or supporting picks could learn a lot from.

I like that as well. He seems to have empowered his staff and wants active participation in decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad