2014 NHL Draft - 4 P.M. PST part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Geez,I just saw that McCann's NHL comparison is David Legwand...great...this is gonna be another Horvat vs Nichushkin debate only Barbashev is clearly the better player right out of the gate and and McCann is already redundant in our system...

Could make a 3rd line of 1st round centers: McCann- Horvat- Gaunce. :handclap:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Geez,I just saw that McCann's NHL comparison is David Legwand...great...this is gonna be another Horvat vs Nichushkin debate only Barbashev is clearly the better player right out of the gate and and McCann is already redundant in our system...

Except that Barbashev is also a two-way player. So we picked the worse two-way player over the better one.

With Nichushkin vs Bo it's two totally different players.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
This is Botchford. I'm not sure Benning actually said that. Or maybe it was in reference to Goldobin/Scherbak, not Barbashev.

Regardless, I want to hear the actual quote. The overreaction on here to everything that has happened today has been epic.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
This is Botchford. I'm not sure Benning actually said that. Or maybe it was in reference to Goldobin/Scherbak, not Barbashev.

Regardless, I want to hear the actual quote. The overreaction on here to everything that has happened today has been epic.

Agree, Botch is just trying to rile everyone up as usual. Probably way out of context.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Basically I think Benning's stratagy is if we keep drafting two way centers (gaunce,horvat,mccann) Eventually one will stick. I am sure he is hopping one of those 3 guys will be a Bergeron type.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
:laugh: Yeah, I'm done here. Has he even seen Barbashev play? Way closer to NA style than McCann.

Given that there are no quotes around the Russian part, hopefully that's just Botchford spinning things to make it more controversial. But honestly with the way today went I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's what Benning said.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Whose the most bland/least inspiring player the Canucks could take at 36th?

EDIT:

Lawrd if Benning takes MacInnis I may no longer be a Canucks fan...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
You guys are over reacting. Every GM knows the key to a rebuild is loading up on grinders at the draft, maybe a low IQ winger or two. Out with the vets, in with the tweeners. Next step load up on aging UFAs, you have pay each of them a few million too much and a few years too many but you get them any way. Push hard for that 8th playoff spot.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Given that there are no quotes around the Russian part, hopefully that's just Botchford spinning things to make it more controversial. But honestly with the way today went I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that's what Benning said.

I just assumed he asked something like: "Did you consider taking one of the Russian players?" and that was the answer. Could be wrong.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
jim 'meat and potatoes' benning

i'm just going to plug my ears and hope that botchford took that quote way out of context to generate buzz, but after today benning has already lost the benefit of the doubt in my view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce