OT: 2014 NFL Football discussion II: Peyton's #1 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

schoenfeld

2 Way Contract
Dec 10, 2006
ive been watching football since the mid 70's and this SEA unit might be one of the best i've ever seen. If they don't win this i'll be stunned.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Classic Tom Brady comeback win tonight.
Twice they were down 14.

I hate Brady, but he's the best QB of all time. Aside the season with Randy Moss, he's never played with the caliber of receiver that Manning has played with.

When NE players leave, they turn into utter ****.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rex about to be the head coach of the Bills per Schefter, oy vey.

I don't like the move for us (Jet fans) OR him since he's basically walking into the same situation he had here - top defense, an offense hindered with no QB. But hey good luck to Rex...can't wait for the schedulemakers to bring the Bills to the Meadowlands Week 1 :P

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Pretty hilarious that the Bills and Jets seemingly traded HC's.

As a Bills fan, I really didn't think there were many good coaches on the market, Ryan will be a fine hire IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bills sign Frank Gore now, considering RR is bringing in the 49er's OC and Spiller is likely going to walk.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That looked like a catch

They gots to change that rule.

Even Giant ODB thinks Bryant got hosed and it should have been a good catch.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What a hilarious turn of events. I guess now Green Bay's getting screwed in Seattle next week though since Dallas paid the piper for their break last week on the Dez catch.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
:laugh:

Detroit Lions ‏@Lions 8m8 minutes ago
Sorry @dallascowboys. We know the feeling #CompletingTheProcess
B7GQWe6CAAApNSy.jpg

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
That looked like a catch

They gots to change that rule.

Even Giant ODB thinks Bryant got hosed and it should have been a good catch.

Would your opinion change if the ball flew 10 feet into the air after the ground caused him to lose control? The optics of only losing it for a half second and recovering it makes it look more like catch, even though these 2 things don't mean a thing as to whether he caught it.

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
It's easy to see the intent of the rule.

Just imagine the Bryant play but instead Bryant is nearly completely horizontal in the air and parallel with the ground. Then when Bryant comes down both his heels touch down a split second before he lands on his back and the ball comes loose where it touches the ground.

It's just that the rule makes it black and white, and everyone is fixated on possession + two feet = reception, regardless of what happens afterward.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's easy to see the intent of the rule.

Just imagine the Bryant play but instead Bryant is nearly completely horizontal in the air and parallel with the ground. Then when Bryant comes down both his heels touch down a split second before he lands on his back and the ball comes loose where it touches the ground.

It's just that the rule makes it black and white, and everyone is fixated on possession + two feet = reception, regardless of what happens afterward.

But that's not what happened. He caught the football, made a 'football move' and reached for the endline. The NFL wants to make it so finite what a catch is they actually accomplished the opposite and make it more ambiguous.

lightsout

Jul 27, 2007
But that's not what happened. He caught the football, made a 'football move' and reached for the endline. The NFL wants to make it so finite what a catch is they actually accomplished the opposite and make it more ambiguous.

I disagree, there was not a football move. Him falling to the ground was a part of the catch and the ball clearly hit the ground as it eventually fumbled into the air and he caught it again in the endzone. I think it was pretty clear that there wasn't a football move. People can hate the rule, but it seemed it was followed.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
That rule has screwed plenty of teams in the past. Maybe since it finally got Dallas the NFL will change it this offseason because it's stupid.

That said, the rule was followed just like it was meant to be.

And as for the Packers getting screwed in Seattle, they prepaid the piper with the replacement refs on that one. Seattle owes the Packers one for that fiasco. Or maybe it's the Packers that owe Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad