NHL Entry Draft: 2014 Mock Draft (Updated Standings)

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Leafs fan here, curious to see who might fall to us in the draft. This is who I think each of the teams before us would take if the draft were today. If you're a fan of one of the teams, and you think your team would make a different pick, please let me know and I'll make the necessary changes.

1. Buffalo - Sam Reinhart, C
2. Edmonton - Aaron Ekblad, RD
3. Florida - Michael Dal Colle, LW/C
4. Columbus - William Nylander, RW/C
5. Philadelphia - Roland McKeown - RD
6. Calgary - Sam Bennett, C
7. New York I - Brendan Perlini
8. New Jersey - *forfeit*
9. Carolina - Nick Ritchie, RW/LW
10. Anaheim (OTT) - Leon Draisaitl, C
11. Nashville - Jakub Vrana, LW
12. Dallas - Jake Virtanen, RW
13. Winnipeg - Jared McCann, C
14. Los Angeles - Kasperi Kapanen, RW
15. New York R - Nick Schmaltz, C/RW
16. Montreal - Ivan Barbashev, LW
17. Washington - Adrian Kempe, C
18. Toronto - Conner Bleackley, C
19. Pittsburgh - Nick Schmaltz, C/RW
20. Detroit - Robby Fabbri, C/LW
21. Boston - Matt Mistele, LW
22. Vancouver - Haydn Fleury, LD
23. Minnesota - Alex Tuch, LW/C
24. St. Louis - Oskar Lindblom, LW
25. Tampa Bay - Anthony DeAngelo, RD
26. San Jose - Nikolaj Ehlers, LW
27. Phoenix - Josh Ho-Sang, C
28. Chicago - Spencer Watson, RW/LW
29. Colorado - Anton Karlsson, RW
30. Anaheim - David Pastrnak, RW

Last edited:

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
the Oilers would likely take big German Leon Draisaitl with the 3rd overall pick. I have heard they like this guy's size and talent and could use a big body on the top 2 lines hopefully sooner than later.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I made the changes you guys suggested. How does it look? Who do you think the Leafs should take at their pick out of the players I listed or even ones not listed?

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
I made the changes you guys suggested. How does it look? Who do you think the Leafs should take at their pick out of the players I listed or even ones not listed?

Of the 3 guys you listed, I would think Nonis would lean toward Tuch. I don't see the Leafs using high picks on Europeans at this point. Never seen Tuch play, but his size and stats seem that he may be a decent prospect.

George Maharis

Risk Taker
Feb 6, 2011
nova sGOATia
If Toronto is picking anywhere from 20-30, I'd like to see us take Nikolaj Ehlers. 17yo playing his first season in the Q, 5th overall in scoring right now (10g,18a.. 21gp). Played in Switzerland last year, as a 16yo, with Biel in the Swiss A league alongside Patrick Kane and Tyler Seguin. Play style, he's kind of like Peter Forsberg.. He's going to rise up the rankings this season, whoever gets him is getting a beaut.

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta

I think it's better now, but as the season grinds on, of course team picking spots as well as prospect movement up or down the list will continue. i'd suggest that if the Oilers ever pull their heads out of their arses and more likely end up picking between 10 and 20, then they could trade their 1st rounder for some immediate help. this draft at this time is not considered to be as deep as last year's was.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
As a Stars fan, I'd prefer Ritchie (we have Nick's brother Brett), Vrana, or Kapanen over McCann.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Leafs fan here, curious to see who might fall to us in the draft. This is who I think each of the teams before us would take if the draft were today. If you're a fan of one of the teams, and you think your team would make a different pick, please let me know and I'll make the necessary changes.

1. Buffalo - Sam Reinhart, C
2. Philadelphia - Aaron Ekblad, RD
3. Edmonton - Leon Draisaitl, C
4. Florida - William Nylander, RW/C
5. New Jersey - *forfeit*
6. Washington - Sam Bennett, C
7. Anaheim (OTT) - Roland McKeown, RD
8. New York R - Michael Dal Colle, LW/C
9. Columbus - Brendan Perlini, LW
10. Dallas - Jared McCann, C
11. Winnipeg - Nick Ritchie, RW/LW
12. Calgary - Jake Virtanen, RW
13. Nashville - Adrian Kempe, C
14. Minnesota - Nick Schmaltz, C/LW
15. Buffalo (NYI) - Jakub Vrana, LW/RW
16. Carolina - Haydn Fleury, LD
17. Detroit - Conner Bleackley, C
18. Montreal - Ivan Barbashev, LW
19. Tampa Bay - Robby Fabbri, C
20. Boston - Kasperi Kapanen, RW
21. St. Louis - David Pastrnak, RW
22. Pittsburgh - Josh Ho-Sang, C
23. Los Angeles - Matt Mistele, LW
24. Vancouver - Anton Karlsson, RW
25. Chicago - Spencer Watson, RW/LW
26. Toronto - Nikolai Goldobin, RW / Oskar Lindblom, LW / Alex Tuch, RW

I still wonder why Lou did not forfeit his pick in 2012. I guess he really loves Matteau.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
As a Stars fan, I'd prefer Ritchie (we have Nick's brother Brett), Vrana, or Kapanen over McCann.

Yeah absolutely. Just watched McCann play. He had two assists but he's quite overrated in my opinion. Don't think he's a top ten player at all. Vrana and kapanen are better

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I still wonder why Lou did not forfeit his pick in 2012. I guess he really loves Matteau.

One of the more bizarre moves I've ever seen, coming off a SCF appearance you have one of the bottom two spots in the draft and he chooses to use the pick instead of forfeiting it...now he has to give up a possible top 5 pick this year..Unreal.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Hard for me to see the Pens taking another Dman. I would take a offensive minded winger, or perhaps a player with grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad