2014 Mock Draft By Team Board Vote

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Hey Predator Fans!

The basics of this mock draft is that each team board will vote for what player will be selected by their team. So, I now pose the question to the Nashville board with the 11th pick, who would you like to pick 11th overall? At 11:30 AM (EST) tomorrow, the voting will end, and the selection will be locked in.

2014 Mock Draft by Team Board Vote Selection
  1. Florida: - Aaron Ekblad (Defense) - 75% of total vote
  2. Buffalo: - Sam Reinhart (Center) - 61.59% of total vote
  3. Edmonton: - Sam Bennett (Center) - 65.1% of total vote
  4. Calgary: - Leon Draisaitl (Center) - 46.15% of total vote
  5. New York Islanders: - Michael Dal Colle (Center) - 84.51% of total vote
  6. Vancouver: - William Nylander (Center/Wing) - 43.5% of total vote
  7. Carolina: - Nick Ritchie (Right Wing) - 55.84% of total vote
  8. Toronto: - Nikolaj Ehlers (Left Wing) - 56.69% of total vote
  9. Winnipeg: - Jake Virtanen (Left Wing) - 39.8% of total vote
  10. Anaheim: - Alex Tuch - (Right Wing) - 29.41% of total vote
  11. Nashville:

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
If that is who is left I pick Perlini. If Poile picks Fleury I'd fire him on the spot. I could see Washington wanting to trade up with us to get Fleury if they think the Yotes will take him.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
the likelihood of the yotes drafting fleury is about as high as us drafting fleury. At this point for me it's between fiala and kapanen. Perlini's streakiness scares me. Ultimately went with kapanen because of his speed, shot and north south style seems like it will translate well to the NHL. If Fiala somehow falls though because of his size he or fabbri would be great targets to try and trade into the back end of the first round for.

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I haven't done the same research many have, but from what I've read, I'll take Kapanen here. We need more people with the word "sniper" in their bio. Europeans do well in our system and tend to be more likely to stay here for the long run (See: Josi, Roman). I also like that he was ranked more highly and is falling a bit so we can get a guy who used to be top 5 projected in some drafts at #11.

Perlini, Fiala, and Ho Sang would also be good picks.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
At this point if we didnt trade up then i would want to trade the lol or trade down in the Hosang fabbri range

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Kapanen scares me with the "attitude" talk, but ill be the first to say I havent done that much reading aside from HFboards. I took Perlini hoping its a safer pick.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
The scary part about perlini for me is that people have described his game as being a perimeter sniper, though neither perlini nor kapanen are safe picks I'd ultimately be happy with either so long as Poile isn't picking a fwd with two-way in their draft profile or a Dman

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The scary part about perlini for me is that people have described his game as being a perimeter sniper, though neither perlini nor kapanen are safe picks I'd ultimately be happy with either so long as Poile isn't picking a fwd with two-way in their draft profile or a Dman
You wouldn't have wanted to draft Jonathan Toews then? Very good offensive players can sometimes have defensive games too. :naughty:

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
It's a tough spot here. Fleury unfortunately is one of the best players available, but he's absolutely unneeded.

I picked McCann, he's got a hell of a shot and he shows remarkable commitment too all factors of the ice. He's got some decent vision. Hounds fans say he'll likely be used more offensively next season.

I considered Barbashev but he's too much of a playmaker for us. Kapanen is tempting but I just prefer someone not so small.

So McCann it is for me.

Perlini scares the crap out of me. He started out with 24 points in 15 games, had a really weak November, and then a strong December with 12 in 8 games. But then slowed down and played very passively right into the playoffs. Just concerns me a lot. Just doesn't have a lot of fire in him often.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
For the purposes of the mock, there isn't an option to trade down/up

I know but still, I wish there was a second question:

'Do you expect the team to trade the pick?' and have an icon showing thaat the fans think the pick will be traded.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I know but still, I wish there was a second question:

'Do you expect the team to trade the pick?' and have an icon showing thaat the fans think the pick will be traded.

You kinda get that idea, when the player's winning vote total is so low. If there's that much indecision/or lack of preference, you can assume that the fans wouldn't mind seeing their team trade down/up.

So for this example, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Anaheim, and Nashville are all teams that could be targets. The fans didn't have an overwhelming preference, or a battle between 2 guys, so I could see a trade. Basically, any of the teams from 6-12 I could see moving

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Hey Predator Fans!

The basics of this mock draft is that each team board will vote for what player will be selected by their team. So, I now pose the question to the Nashville board with the 11th pick, who would you like to pick 11th overall? At 11:30 AM (EST) tomorrow, the voting will end, and the selection will be locked in.

11. Nashville:

What happen to the mock draft? Is there a recount? hanging punches? Illegal votes? No one else is relevant? everyone else is a free agent? Or do they go into next years election?

Hmmm. Been looking to see where this has gone but seems Nashville will get the last pick and then we are having a long recess?

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Hey Predator Fans!

11. Nashville:
If that is what is taken then Poile drafts Fluery and this is almost how I see it going down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad