2014 LMHF Report - Game #1

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I think I am being trolled.

There are literally over 100 posts on this board saying how poorly Hall played. Smid was doubly dangerous in comparison to Hall. Hall was only dangerous to our own team with his turnovers.

And for people agreeing with me about Arco just go to page one of this thread.

The only complaint about Arco is that he didn't finish off his scoring chances that i've read. Which a lot of people are reading way too much into.

I watched every single Barons game during the lockout. And from what I've heard Arco only got better after Hall, Eberle, and Shultz left.

He looked very very good in the AHL. He looked good in training camp. Is he a NHLer? No one knows yet. But his play to this point clearly puts him in the play him until Gagner comes back category, barring a significant drop in his effectiveness.

And while we do not have a lot of options to replace Arco, I fully believe if Mac T or Eakins didn't 100% agree with what I am saying. He wouldn't be playing right now.

PS: And if you are getting hung up on the double dangerous than Hall thing I was main referring to the FACT that Arco had more than twice as many scoring chances as Hall had. As well as twice the number of shots on goal.

Hall played poorly. Arco's over-stats (1 A, +/- of 0, 52.9% on the dot) show well. He didn't look sublime, but he wasn't Smyth bad, nor was he Hall bad (last game). He was okay, and after your first home opener, not being a black hole on defence is definitely a plus. I think his Corsi was 4th on the team, so that's probably a good thing too.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I liked Arco's game on Tuesday. Wasn't a liability and made some nice plays. It's only a matter of time until he starts potting more points IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad