Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #9

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And what makes you say Verheaghe wont be? McKegg out scored him at the junior level so far.

I think the biggest problem with McKegg is his foot speed. You could tell in his only game as a Leaf that he was struggling to stay in the play.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I think the biggest problem with McKegg is his foot speed. You could tell in his only game as a Leaf that he was struggling to stay in the play.

McKegg has always been very slow. It was a disaster in junior, and it is much better now, but it's still not enough for the NHL. I love the guy as a player and i think he could bring a lot to a team ... but if only he would get fast enough. That's really it...

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Tom Nilsson.

I think people will be surprised when they see more of this prospect. Mobile defensive D that hits like a truck.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
McKegg has always been very slow. It was a disaster in junior, and it is much better now, but it's still not enough for the NHL. I love the guy as a player and i think he could bring a lot to a team ... but if only he would get fast enough. That's really it...

Mckegg improved this year but its hard to see how he could crack roster. Likely to be that flexible C/wing guy like a Trevor Smith in a few years. Could still break out more of course @22 he isnt a bust.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
Eveeryone remaining on this list is a high probability career AHler except Carter Ashton... who is a top 6 potential.. Can't believe how out of tune people are

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Nilsson

Some of the players not up for voting may surprise everyone in the end - Toninato for instance.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Still voting Ashton since the 5/6th spot.

I'm a big fan of his game and upside. He's big, a beast along the wall and on one-on-one battle, high motor, works hard, hits hard and finishes his checks, will fight and step up for his teammates, and had a real breakout offensively this year in the AHL. Good speed, great shot and decent hands and IQ.

He'll be a great bottom 6 player for us, I can even see him becoming a solid secondary 2nd liner. Our most underrated prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad