Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #7

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Granberg has been playing against men for that last 3+ years, and based on his year with the Marlies is ready to step in to a bottom pair role at the NHL level imo.

Granberg (It will be interesting to compare Nilsson with him next season).

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Nilsson plays on a smaller ice surface for the Marlies. From what I have heard, he seems to be like a smaller but more physical version of Granberg.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Granberg

He will make the NHL soon. Should be fun to see how far Biggs falls, we are just starting to see how many bad picks Burke made. Biggs,Ryan,Ross, Devane and nothing to show for it.

TheThrill81*

He will make the NHL soon. Should be fun to see how far Biggs falls, we are just starting to see how many bad picks Burke made. Biggs,Ryan,Ross, Devane and nothing to show for it.

I seem to recall Percy was picked a few spots after Biggs, no thoughts on that? Ross was taken in the 2nd round, I don't recall the Leafs passing up on a plethora of blue-chippers to take him. Same goes for Devane in the 3rd round.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Do you not want an accurate depiction of the fan bases rankings?

You should have held a separate poll for Gauthier vs. Leivo like we used to do a few years back.

These will never be accurate when some people's idea of best prospect is the guy closest to the NHL, even if he'll only amount to a 13th forward or 7th defenceman.

Take a look at how many people think that a 23 year old Holland or Ashton, who have played only sporadically at the NHL level, are our best prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00