Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #2

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Well if Holland's there idk how everyone isn't voting for him, hes an NHL caliber player with #2C potential.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Voted for Leivo, but Percy, Finn and Gauthier are all close too. I don't count Holland, so I will never vote for him, even if we are at #30!

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
How am I the only one who voted Gauthier? Even if he's just a third line centre, I think he could be in the Couturier mold of shutdown guys that are huge impact players for their teams.

Amen to that, but I think Finn is ahead of Gauthier (3)

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
When voting I think of who I would least like to trade away.

Holland I would trade in a heartbeat, nothing special imo, dime-a-dozen.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
It's pretty sad that I'm struggling to think who is our #2 prospect. Leivo? Finn? Gauthier? None are sure thing NHLers. None have huge upside, although they do have higher upside than those such as Broll who will likely see some NHL time next season.

Leivo's got the skillset to be a 2nd line winger IMO

EastVan

Jun 25, 2014
Feels like quite the drop after Nylander. If I could vote I think I would go with Gauthier. Like the other poster said you have to think about who you would least want to trade away.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Tough vote to cast...
Matt Finn sure is shiny and has that high end potential... but best of these overall?

I love Holland, but i think there are better picks here than the defensively sound 50 points he'll put up on a perennial basis. Holland is the more sure bet, but not the highest ceiling of these names.

I love Granberg too, but again, probably not before #5...

Connor Brown and Andreas Johnson probably have the highest scoring potential...

They're all good names,
But i'm going with Frederik Gauthier
Even if he only ever becomes a #3 center, he'll be that Grade A beast of a player that you can't have unless you draft him or get him in his 30's as a UFA competing against 20 other teams. ... and i just don't think a guy like Freddy is ever available in the later rounds unless you get really lucky. REALLY lucky. All the people saying they hate using a 1st rounder on him ... but he wasn't going to be on the board 30 picks later in that draft or probably in ANY draft. The only way you ever get a player of his ability is by drafting him early. ... Let Detroit have Mantha. Gauthier wins cups.

mikebel111*

Gold Medal winner at WJC over a not good enough to even make a poor WJC team.

here we go again :shakehead:help:

your going to tell me Finn wasn't good enough to make that team

that selection team was a joke

Finn was 100% good enough to make that team.

quit bringing up the same false point in pretty much every Finn related thread

tzinc

Oct 20, 2009
Leafs Nation
it is pretty damning when the player you just drafted is your best prospect - what were they doing with all those high picks - well other than trading them away

TheThrill81*

it is pretty damning when the player you just drafted is your best prospect - what were they doing with all those high picks - well other than trading them away

Why is it damning? It just so happens Nylander is a highly touted prospect, not to mention Rielly is now an NHLer otherwise I'm sure he'd be #1. Or at least it'd be close.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

You mean Morgan Reilly? He plays for the Leafs and isn't a prospect anymore.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Whoa, Finn? There will be a lot of complaining in the prospect thread this season...

I have Gauthier, Leivo and Granberg ahead of him. Finn vs. Percy for 5th.

CalgaryLeaf*

Gauthier is way down the list for me....He's going to be a defensive 4th liner...3rd liner if he really steps up.

I have others like Connor Brown,Verhaeghe and Leivo as possible top 6 forwards...I also have Granberg & Percy ahead of Gauthier.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00