2014 hftml fantasy draft message to gms

WhatASaveDave

Feb 3, 2010
toronto ontario
Dear GMS:

Over the course of the draft, we have come across some obstacles and rough patches. As the commissioner, I have faced heavy scrutiny in regards to “vetoing” and because of this, I'm writing this message to apologize for the inconvenience. My sole purpose for vetoing those trades at the beginning was because that fellow GM's would prey onto the newer GM's by selling their 1st rounders too high, or buying first rounders from newer GM's too low. I vetoed these trades to ensure that these newer GM's wouldn't be behind the eight ball right from the get go by giving away too many depth in the money rounds (1-4).

Every type of draft consists of at least a handful of bad GM's right? That is correct, and I know some of you are going to continue to ramble on about how I'm spoon feeding these GM's, and I'm truly apologizing for that. This is a learning curve for me, I'm new to being the commissioner of a HFBOARDS fantasy draft, and I thought that my new approaches to this type of draft would grow and promote our game.

However, in our chatzy I did inform the GM's that I am toning down vetoing from the second round onwards. I apologize for forgetting to post this onto the discussion thread for the other GM's to see. I know you guys are mad about my so called “Dictatorship”, but believe me, I'm not trying to control the way all 30 of you GM's draft or negotiate, I was just looking out for the newer GM's.

That being said, I'm still in control of vetoing BUT, I will not be doing it unless it's clearly a trade that is overwhelmingly one sided. For example: a Sidney Crosby for Jerry D'amigo type trade. I just want all you GM's to start being accountable for what you trade. If you overpay, too bad for you.

Overall I hope we continue to go through with this draft. At the end of the day, this game is suppose to be fun, respected, and a overall learning experience. I thank you all for supporting this league that I've created, and I wish you all the best of luck :)

Yours Truly;
~ Dave

Last edited:

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Dont worry, you're doing fine. If there weren't people complaining, it wouldn't be the HFTML fantasy draft

Ace88*

tumblr_m9en10uqX41qit8aco3_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad