OT: 2014 HFNYR March Madness Pool

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Will definitely join once I make a bracket. Hopefully the NCAA Tournament will help get my mind off the Rangers for awhile.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
This is the earliest I have started being terrorized by my bracket. I always at least wait until Madness Monday, not this year.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Had Ohio State going to the Elite 8, oof. Awesome ending to that game though. Gotta feel bad for Craft, that might be the end of his basketball career. Can't see him making much of an impact in the pros.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Had Ohio State going to the Elite 8, oof. Awesome ending to that game though. Gotta feel bad for Craft, that might be the end of his basketball career. Can't see him making much of an impact in the pros.

lol. the cuse's path just got a little easier. dayton craps all over the buckeyes hopes for a deep run.

thats what happens when the duffus in chief picks your team over my team. lolololo

GO CUSE !!!!!!

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
lol. the cuse's path just got a little easier. dayton craps all over the buckeyes hopes for a deep run.

thats what happens when the duffus in chief picks your team over my team. lolololo

GO CUSE !!!!!!

Yeah, Syracuse will have a pretty easy path in the bottom half of that region now. Kansas is a question mark with Embiid's status up in the air. Don't look past Dayton though ;)

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Never done one of these. Out of curiosity, how frequent are major upsets? Because it seems to me like it's almost always the case that one of the top seeds ends up winning the tournament. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

I suppose basketball is a sport that's less conducive to upsets in general.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Never done one of these. Out of curiosity, how frequent are major upsets? Because it seems to me like it's almost always the case that one of the top seeds ends up winning the tournament. Perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

I suppose basketball is a sport that's less conducive to upsets in general.

Major upsets don't happen often in the championship. The winner has been a 1, 2, or 3 seed in pretty much every tournament I can remember. However major upsets happen often in the first few rounds (#14 Mercer beat #3 Duke today) and in recent years, we've seen some pretty low seeded teams make the Final Four. Wichita State last year made the Final Four with a #9 seed, and a few years before that I believe VCU made it as an #11 as did George Mason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad