OT: 2014 HFNYR Boardie Awards -- AV Award For Most Knowledgeable Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
An award about knowledgeable posters named after a coach who was an absolute idiot in 3rd periods of playoff games is satire, right?

Unless it is named after best audiovisual performances.

It's a reference to AV's encyclopedic knowledge of chewing gum. :sarcasm:

Cake or Death

I don't get why RangerBoy's getting so many votes. What he does requires basic reading and cut and paste skills

I nominated 5 people on this one, because I couldn't sincerely choose one, and while RB wasn't one of my five I don't agree he is merely cut and paste. There is a lot of stuff, and I mean a lot, that he rattles of from memory. He has a weird style of posting, and a lot of it is stuff you can dig up, but there is a lot more substance there than cut and paste imho.

Cake or Death

haha, thanks, but admittedly, I don't know enough about this team or the rest of the league any longer. Just not enough time anymore!

I think I nominated you and whether you like it or not, I feel I selected very rightfully ;) I picked you, along with haohmaru, nevesis, Trxjw, nyr2k2. It isn't always just knowledge or who has over 50,000 posts (where you're bound to be right an awful lot), I also looked at how people post and present said knowledge: who's consistent, doesn't implore knee jerk reactions, explains their points well, etc. I could easily have added others, as well, but when I hit 5 I thought it was enough. But you and the other four I did select are, in my humblest opinion, all excellent posters, both in knowledge and in how you guys post and present it. Just my 1.4 cents

Cake or Death

Not that it's important, or that I care, but how do you know where he's his information from?

I have been here 8 years and I for sure post at one of the slowest rates going. But I read a lot more than I post and I pay a lot of attention. Some of it is sheer observation and paying very close attention, some times I have directly disagreed with him, we've gone back and forth, in respectful way mind you, and I have seen his memory hit me first hand with immediate responses.

Not to come off in any way arrogant, but I would say I have a somewhat decent feel for who knows the game. I have watched over 8,000 games by best estimate since the 1970s, played for a few decades, coached a bit, and have held my own quite well during chats with hockey historians like Joe Pelletier on my old hockey site and its forum. I didn't nominate RangerBoy because he already had a multitude of nominations and I had some other poster I wanted to give some credit to, but imho RB knows the game well. Again, however, that is simply my humble opinion.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Most deserving person won. Congratulations RangerBoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad