OT: 2014 HFNYR Boardie Awards -- AV Award For Most Knowledgeable Poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Vote! We are having actual "awards" this year in avatar form*. :)

AV Award For Most Knowledgeable Poster
RangerBoy; BrianBoyle; Tawnos; Bluenote13; Ola; -31-; Crease; nyr2k2; fletch; Trxjw; haohmaru; BlueBlooded; jas; BlueshirtsBlitz; nevesis; Bird Law (Jonathon)

---

-- Mats Zuccarello Award For Angriest Poster: SnowblindNYR

osGEZ42.gif

-- Talbot/Kreider Award For Rookie of the Year: Raspewtin

ZCwCMXX.gif

-- AV Award For Most Knowledgeable Poster:

-- Stralman/Boyle Award For Most Underrated Poster:

-- Dominic Moore Award For Nicest Poster:

-- Derek Boogaard Memorial Award For Mod of the Year:

-- Benoit "Captain Taco" Pouliot Award For Funniest Poster:

-- McDonagh/Lundqvist Award For Most Valuable Poster:

-- Jim Ramsay Award For Outstanding Off-ice Contribution:
thepuckmonster
(HFVan; Made play-offs & Boardies avys)*

---

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I don't get why RangerBoy's getting so many votes. What he does requires basic reading and cut and paste skills

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't get why RangerBoy's getting so many votes. What he does requires basic reading and cut and paste skills

The fact that he's able to keep track of such a large amount of data--agents, rumors, quotes from players, coaches and GMs, contracts, etc--is kind of amazing. It might not be knowledge in the same sense as someone who has an impressive scouting acumen, or someone who just knows the game, but it's impressive nonetheless. He's like HF's personal Google engine. I guess it depends on what you consider knowledgeable to mean.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
The fact that he's able to keep track of such a large amount of data--agents, rumors, quotes from players, coaches and GMs, contracts, etc--is kind of amazing. It might not be knowledge in the same sense as someone who has an impressive scouting acumen, or someone who just knows the game, but it's impressive nonetheless. He's like HF's personal Google engine. I guess it depends on what you consider knowledgeable to mean.
I dunno, when I think knowledgeable I think you, BB, Jonathan, etc

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I dunno, when I think knowledgeable I think you, BB, Jonathan, etc

I know what you mean 2k2 but I see where John is coming from. When I think of knowledgable poster, I think of one who is knowledgable in all aspects. Prospects, cap, other teams, on ice play, etc. With RB, it is strictly rumors & team related stuff (he is the best on HF as a whole by a wide margin when it comes to that though).

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Were you automatically disqualified if you spent the entire season insisting the team is awful?

I love how Fletch is nominated. He pops up after a multi-year hiatus, types one or two sage comments and he gets nominated for a Boardie. He'S Daniel Day Lewis. I am definitely voting for him.

Nyrvana

Aug 29, 2008
Bronx, NY
www.nyrvana.net
I know what you mean 2k2 but I see where John is coming from. When I think of knowledgable poster, I think of one who is knowledgable in all aspects. Prospects, cap, other teams, on ice play, etc. With RB, it is strictly rumors & team related stuff (he is the best on HF as a whole by a wide margin when it comes to that though).

I think it's his CBA related knowledge that sets him apart.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
RangerBoy wants Zucc of the team, my vote goes to BrianBoyle, the pleasant former dictator

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
RangerBoy scolded the media for picking the Rangers over Pittsburgh.

Vote -31-

I had to vote for Fletch. I... I simply had to.

But you were my runner up. Second in my voting, but first in my heart.

Seriously after spending 4 months doing breakdown after breakdown of the numbers we should get some sort of team Boardie Fields medal.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC

The thing is that RB is able to make connections between the important people in every piece of news. "Anaheim and Pittsburgh talking goalie trade. Anaheims AGM was college roommates with Pittsburghs goalie coach." But in a less creepy way than when Pierre does it on air.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
The thing is that RB is able to make connections between the important people in every piece of news. "Anaheim and Pittsburgh talking goalie trade. Anaheims AGM was college roommates with Pittsburghs goalie coach." But in a less creepy way than when Pierre does it on air.

:laugh: Is RB Pierre McGuires long lost son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad